Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 977 total)
amme76 11 years ago

Love the tips from everyoneespecially the mustard,cinnamon, spice
it up.
amme76

amme76 11 years ago

Hi All, I’m new to this program but anxious to start, I’m trying the Gluten Free diet, there is a great book,Gluten Free for Dummie’s
also another book Gluten Free for Better Health, have learned a lot.
amme76

LynnM 11 years ago

Hi Missy, I just calculate the single ingredients based on the number of servings listed (only the online recipe book has them, the download with our memberships doesn’t include this information). It works pretty well most of the time. Or you can make the whole recipe and freeze the leftovers in single serving packages, sure saves a lot of time! Doesn’t work for omelettes, though 🙂

missy1958 11 years ago

I am new at this.. Can anyone tell me if there is any recipes for single servings.. I live by myself and most of the recipes makes 4 to eight servings

Saroj23 11 years ago

Hi, All – Has anyone had luck on a gluten free diet with this program?

sandrae 11 years ago

Hi emmafroud sorry to hear you have been poorly your gain will soon be gone when you get back into the program looking forward to your scones will try the chicken recipe not the fish fish makes me ill and I love fish but find it better to leave it alone

emmafroud 11 years ago

Starting all over, due to being ill ive gained 6 yes 6lb, so im starting over im going to stick as close to the menu as possible hopefully that will kick start me again. On a more positive note I would recommend the fruit and nut bars I use 3 tbsp. of honey instead of munkfruit sweetner, I am working on a scone recipie and wiil post it soon. To Sandre try the bikers fish pie its lovely also the breaded chicken and roasted veg

sandrae 11 years ago

Hi emmafroud tried hairy bikers masala marinated chicken was delicious
will make that again

sandrae 11 years ago

Hi emmafroud just read your thread I have the hairy biker book also recorded their tv show about the book going to cook the chicken in spices for sunday lunch got the butcher to skin the chicken for me which was great will let you no what it turned out like incase you have’t tried it speal to you soon oh by the way iam in uk

sandrae 11 years ago

Hi Doryssb thank you for your reply found some xanthan gum in asda to mix with the rice flour have’t tried it yet will let you no what it turns out like

Doryssb 11 years ago

Hello Everyone…
Emmafroud, glad to hear you are back to your exercise! I have had total craziness around here this past week and haven’t worked out at all 🙁 I’ve got to get back to it!

Cgoode, I’m glad you’re enjoying reading the recipes, I hope you get to try them out soon. I like being able to make more than enough and then having a ‘go to’ when I need it. I started this thread with the hopes that others would join in and post some of their recipes. Sometimes the combinations that the menu planner produces sound a little crazy, but I’m sure there is someone out there that knows how to combine it into something normal 🙂

Sandrae, xanthan gum is a binding agent used most of the time in gluten free baking. Not using it you can wind up with a pile of crumbs, however on the other hand if you use too much, what you are baking can become gummy or chewy.

Hope you all have a great evening,
Doryss

Radisson 11 years ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xanthan_gum

sandrae 11 years ago

Hi can anyone tell me what xanthan gom is and what you would use it with thank you

cgoode 11 years ago

Hello everyone, I want to thank Doryssb for the recipes. I haven’t tried them yet but I will. I like that they are NORMAL foods. Please keep the recipes coming. I wish I could just whip up a recipe on my own but I’m one of those people that need recipes. Thanks again, I look forward to reading more.

emmafroud 11 years ago

finally back to exercise feel so much better for it

Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 977 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.