Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 977 total)
ccbartley 3 years ago

Are there people active on here now? I’ve been looking for recent posts from others to make friends to do this with.

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, Busymomami, and welcome!. The best way to measure ounces is with a small scale or measuring cup (once ounce is 1/8 cup or 2 tablespoons), or if you are used to grams and ml, each ounce is equal to 28 grams or ml. Can you tell me which protein shake you use? If it is homemade, what are the ingredients (with amounts)?

Busymomami 3 years ago

Hello, I’m new and am not sure of a few things. How do I measure Oz? Also I drink a protein shake as my breakfast. How can I add that into my days?
Thank you and I’m very excited to get started.

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, Mama2016. I don’t have access to your food diary, but perhaps you can post here the differences between your menu and what you are doing (for example, which foods you are leaving out). Also, what is your physical activity like?
On my end, I am working with the tech team to see if there is something that can be done with your menu here. It may be that you are getting too much food.
In the meantime, you can try cutting down on eggs (to 1 per day), and see if that makes a difference.

Mama2016 3 years ago

I started TDC on Monday and although I haven’t been able to eat everything daily, I haven’t strayed. Maybe it hasn’t been long enough, but my glucose has gone up (I’m Type 2) and I’ve gained a couple pounds (I know I’m not supposed to check but look and feel bloated). Can you look at my food diary and see if I’m doing something wrong?

Mama2016 3 years ago

I started TDC on Monday and although I haven’t been able to eat everything daily, I haven’t strayed. Maybe it hasn’t been long enough, but my glucose has gone up (I’m Type 2) and I’ve gained a couple pounds (I know I’m not supposed to check but look and feel bloated). Can you look at my food diary and see if I’m doing something wrong?

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, Simona. You can use turkey or chicken sausage or chorizo instead, but you will need to add 2 tablespoons each of butter and heavy cream to the recipe to keep the fat content at the same keto-supportive level.

SimonaKotoviciute 3 years ago

Keto Longaniza Quiche the name of the recipe I have received and like I said I don’t eat pork or beaf so what can I use instead?

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, Nellyni, and welcome. We welcome your important input, as we strive to base this program on principles of diabetes management. How are the recipes not diabetic friendly?

Nellyni 3 years ago

I just started this club, I am Diabitic tipe 1, I notice that the recipes here are not diabetic friendly. Any diabetics in this group? If there are any, please let me know if this diet really works

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, TonyaKay. Please do take advantage of the “Grocery List” function we offer (through the button above your menu). Other than that, we recommend that you ease into the program and make gradual changes that add up. That tends to work better than jumping in head first.

TonyaKay 3 years ago

Hi! Newbie here, im nervous to get started and to do the grocery shopping! Any tips??

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, Jgilliard52. Seeds are the best alternative.

Jgilliard52 3 years ago

Hi
Speaking of exchanges, any suggestions for nuts since I have a nut allergy.

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, Nmarr2000. “Exchanges” are building blocks of macronutrients that are used to build a nutritional plan. They translate to the following approximate nutritional values:
1 carbohydrate exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 3 grams of protein
1 protein exchange = 7 grams of protein + up to 5 grams of fat
1 fat exchange = 5 grams of fat
1 fruit exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates
1 vegetable exchange = 5 grams of carbohydrates + up to 2 grams of protein
1 sweet exchange = up to 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 5 grams of fat
1 free exchange = up to 5 grams of carbohydrates or up to 2 grams of protein or fat

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 977 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.