Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 977 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, JoePapa. Can you provide your height and weight? I will see what your assigned pattern gives you, and then if it needs tweeking. Many of the plans are already 45 gm carbohydrates per meal.

Reesecup77, regarding eating on the run, see the online guide “Staying Strong when the Routine is Gone”.
In addition, the same principles that are used for kids’ school lunches hold true here – sandwiches, nuts and seeds, whole fruits and vegetables, yogurt, and of course, leftovers or frozen portions from large weekend cooking batches.

Hi, Reesecup77. Organic bars with whole ingredients that are low in sugar (i.e. less than 25 grams per bar) are fine. See Pure Bar as an example for what fits best with this plan (it is not the only good brand out there, though).

BeckyB 11 years ago

Fried Chicken! slather a chicken breast in hummus ( I used roasted red pepper) sprinkle with Rosemary and lemon juice and bake. Its sooooo good!

Rita 11 years ago

Emma, how did you make your fruit and nut bars? Are there any bars out there that are on the ok list?

Rita 11 years ago

Hi, I\’m new to this program. I just selected the menu planner. Boy, it seems like a lot of food. That is most of my problem! I don\’t eat that much and some days I know not enough. Is there a trick to eating something on the run? I work in a Dental office, high stress, only lunch is the break. How do I get a snack in?

PatsySeo 11 years ago

I just discovered that the directions said if you click on a food in your menu you want to substitute something else for it will give you suggestions. Haven’t tried it yet
I am a newbie and 78 years old. Think I am going to like this program It didn’t hit me that way at first but is growing on me

joepopa 11 years ago

can i get mewnue for diabetic 45 carbs/meal?

joepopa 11 years ago

can i get menues for diabetic 45carbs per meals program?

hayleigh 11 years ago

I am very new to this club. I am trying to stay on the program. I do not have some of the things that will let me go right by the menu. I am only eating what is allowed. Next time I go to the grocery store I will get things to stay on the menu. I do record what I /am eating, but really don’t know what else I am suppose to do. Does anyone check our journal to see if we are eating correctly? My blood sugar was normal today, first time in a long time.

Doryssb 11 years ago

Hi Newbie,
If you let us know what part of the world you are in I bet you will have company on here and someone will be able to direct you where to find the products listed on the menu. I know if you are in the UK there is a list of stores or websites under the FAQ’s at the bottom of the page.
Happy eating,
Doryss

Radisson 11 years ago

Hi!

Come and visit the Newbie 2013 topic. You will find interesting comments with similar concerns as expressed here. Best of luck in meeting your health objectives. Also, keep track of any comments from Ossie. She can help you with any of your questions.

Sunshine 11 years ago

Hi, Missy1958 regarding single servings. I have made many of these recipes a single serving is kind of hard. I have just taken made the whole recipes and then freeze them. When ready for work pack them up works great for me. I am new to new eating plan so far so good. Some recipes I like more than others so I change here and there.

ncavaliere 11 years ago

Hello Newbie, Quinoa is a grain and I’ve been able to find it recently in my regular grocery store, but definatley at a whole foods or health food store. Quinoa is a unique grain as it also contains a good amount of protien as well. It tastes great. I cook it in chicken broth instead of water for added flavor. Good luck. Carmelized onions are simply cooked onions until they are brownish in color, but not burned. also yummy! Good Luck! I am developing an interest in nutrition and looking forward to whatever I can learn!

hecmad 11 years ago

Hello newbie, I understand I am quite new, but enjoying the journey, I have decided to slowly educate myslef by starting with recipes that I have some of the ingredients, and will make it a process to switch over to this healthy style of eating.
I found stevia at a local health food store.
I found brown rice flour, and brown rice pasta in my local grocery store.
Enjoy the price.

Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 977 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.