Viewing 15 posts - 946 through 960 (of 977 total)
Doryssb 11 years ago

Hi Emmafroud,
Sorry to hear you haven’t been feeling well. It seems like I’ve read that a lot lately. The good thing is, it sounds like you have the mindset to jump right back in to the good eating šŸ™‚
I’ve been at a slow point myself, as far as the scale moving. I think I have finally gotten to the point that I can say I really don’t care about it that much! I am feeling better, have more energy and my clothes are definetely fitting better so I won’t complain. The scale used to be a BIG thing for me, could throw me into a depression way too fast. Finally realized I have too many things to feel blessed by than to let it control my life!

Be well,
Doryss

emmafroud 11 years ago

had a bad week this week,I’ve had a sore throat so unable to exercise and haven’t eaten good tea either. planning to get back to it next week, will have to see what the scales say on monday

Doryssb 11 years ago

*****New Recipe*****
Chicken Barley Soup Recipe
Ingredients
ā€¢ 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2 to 3 pounds), cut up
ā€¢ 8C. water
ā€¢ 1-1/2 C. chopped carrots
ā€¢ 1C. chopped celery
ā€¢ 2C. medium pearl barley
ā€¢ 1C. chopped onion
ā€¢ 2C. chicken broth
ā€¢ 1 teaspoon salt, optional
ā€¢ 1 bay leaf
ā€¢ 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
ā€¢ 1 teaspoon pepper
ā€¢ 1 teaspoon rubbed sage

Directions
ā€¢ In a large stockpot, cook chicken in water until tender. Cool broth and skim off fat. Set chicken aside until cool enough to handle. Remove meat from bones; discard bones and cut meat into cubes. Return meat to pan along with remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until vegetables and barley are tender. Discard bay leaf. Enjoy!

I made this for dinner tonight and it was yummy! Great on a cold day and the whole family enjoyed it.

Doryssb 11 years ago

Hi Burgoyne and welcome. If you’ve been overeating, this is the place to be! Have you created a menu yet? Once you do that you will see that you won’t have time to overeat because there is so much food you’re required to eat!
I would suggest reading everything you have the time to read, especially the FAQ’s.
When you fill out the menu planner only check the boxes with things that you have on hand or can easily pick up. Then the next time you make a menu for the next week try picking some healthier choices and giving new things a try. Once your menu is done if you don’t like something that’s on there or don’t like the combination you can click the refresh button to the side of the item and will get a list of items you can exchange it for.
Jump on in and welcome to the club šŸ™‚

burgoyne 11 years ago

Hi Alexis,
Has anyone helped you yet?
I have joined but am so unmotivated I haven’t even completed the food selection. I can’t stop the overeating and can’t see a way out!
How are you getting on?

Tiewling 11 years ago

Hi Yvonnebaker,
Thks for the info. I just bought Burgen Bread. For SWG bread from Amazon, you have to buy 8 breads for Ā£13?

Tiewling 11 years ago

Thks Emmafroud, I bought the Burgen Bread today from Tesco šŸ™‚ Will get the butter from Sainsbury next time. I used to leave in Cambridge in 2008 & 2009 when I did my master degree in University of Cambridge. It’s really a beautiful town!

Yvonnebaker 11 years ago

Hi Tiewling
My husband and I both started on Monday, positive so far, after a lot of shopping. We live in the UK in Hampshire.
We have found that you can get SWG bread from Amazon.co.uk (free delivery). It keeps for about ten months in the cupboard.
Hope this helps

Doryssb 11 years ago

Hi Stephbethke,
This is a snippet from the article you can find in the FAQ’s.

Raw dairy products are made from milk that has not been heat-pasteurized homogenized. Proponents claim that this better preserves the nutritional value and health-protective properties of milk, which are diminished by processing.

I hope that helps somewhat. You can usually do a search for dairies in your area that sell the raw products. If you don’t find any you can refer to the menu selections and go for the next best option.

Have a great day!

Doryssb 11 years ago

This was originally posted by Delgada in the Success Stories thread. They looked like great ideas so I thought i would repost them here….
Iā€™m converting the things I used to love into lower calorie alternatives. Best salad dressing Iā€™m using is equal parts yogurt and dijon mustard with agave nectar to taste. Also use it on baked chicken wings in place of barbeque sauce. Toast SWG bread. Place in food processor with garlic and herbs to make tasty crunch for soups and salads! Stores well in fridge.

stephbethke 11 years ago

what i raw cheese that is continually used in recipes?

emmafroud 11 years ago

Hi birdie
im in the UK near Cambridge don’t panic take your time and add a little at a time

emmafroud 11 years ago

hi tiewling
not sure about the butter because of the added oil, you can try amazon for raw granola or make your own I suggest the Hairy bikers how to loose weight, you can probably find it online or you can by the book from amazon, I usually eat it with 6oz of fat free flavoured yogurt

Birdie 11 years ago

Hi I seem to be leaving messages everywhere not quite got the hang of the forum as yet but hoping to make contact with a Uk newbie. i started today and at this rate will be loosing weight as i have spent two days reading and not alot of food going in the mouth yet lol.

Tiewling 11 years ago

Thks Emmafroud for the info. I am in Cardiff, and you? I will look out for Burgen Bread. As for butter, I am currently using Lurpak Organic Butter, ingredients : Organic Butter (69%), Organic Rapeseed Oil (25%), Lactic Culture, Salt (0.9%). Is it ok?
I love granola, but I can’t find raw granola. Most of the granola in Tesco are sweetened with honey. I love nut granola (Tesco Finest), is it ok to eat them. Do you know where can I get raw granola?
As for cheese, actually I don’t like too much cheese, so far I only eat some Kraft slice cheese and President Mozerella cheese.
Thank u emmafroud for answering my question. šŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 946 through 960 (of 977 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.