Viewing 15 posts - 961 through 975 (of 977 total)
emmafroud 11 years ago

Hi Tiewling, the bread your looking for is called Burgen bread its in the normal bread isle, don’t buy willow its not butter I normally buy Sainsbury’s own make unsalted, just check the ingredients and you will be fine, is there anything else your having problems with? Where are you in the UK?

ROSALMA 11 years ago

Hi alexis , your cry is simple and honest and strikes a cord in all of us, you spoke the words for me too
please respond soon to keep up a flow of dialogue,

lindachac 11 years ago

Hi Alexis and welcome! I am a newbie on this program too! I just started on Saturday, 1/26, eating most of the right foods in the plan.
I messed up one already and had ice cream. I felt terrible. But now I’m back on track and feeling great! Join the rest of us and let’s make the journey together and start feeling lighter and healthier day by day!

Tiewling 11 years ago

Hi Emmafroud,

I am new to the program and I am in UK too. Can you pls tell me where can I get SWG Bread here in UK? Can we can it from Tesco? If not, what kind of bread are you buying? Is Lurpack butter ok to eat? If not, what is the brand of the butter you use?

emmafroud 11 years ago

doryssb your right about the shopping list a little at a time is the best way to do it. you can also change the menu setting so it doesn’t include to many recipes

Doryssb 11 years ago

Hey there Lomadi6469 and welcome 🙂

I think we all felt a little intimidated in the beginning. The more you get going the easier it gets.

One thing that helped me was going back into the menu planner and redoing my selections. I know that probably sounds like it would take forever, but it didn’t. I made the mistake the 1st time through of checking everything I had, everything I liked and everything I would be willing to try. So it produced a menu that I would have had to spend a ton of money to get all of the stuff I’ve never tried!
If you go back in to create another menu you can just uncheck some of the things and simplify the menu. Remember it’s only for one week at a time, so you can ease into it and clear what you’ve got in your pantry already. I made small changes like using up the whole grain bread product I had and switching to the SWG as we ran out. The next week I switched my check marks and each week just keep trying to move to the lighter blue colors.
I also made sure not to check too many recipes.
Good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress.
Doryss

lomadi6469 11 years ago

Alexis, Fight the good fight. I am with you in this. Let’s get skinny together

lomadi6469 11 years ago

I am new to the forum. Working on a grocery list is very intimidating. iI like easy, processed foods and changing my eating and buying habits is difficult. I am watching calories now but plan on attacking this the 1st of Feb. Hope I will be prepared. Any suggestions

emmafroud 11 years ago

Hi I just made the fruit and nut bars but used 3 tbsp. of organig honey instead of munkfruit sweetener, delicious

emmafroud 11 years ago

Hi I started this program just before new year and I am loosing weight, I weighed myself this morning and have dropped below 13 st for the first time since having my children I also have all of my pre-pregnancy clothes in the back of my wardrobe and on one of my shelves in many sizes, I have also moved all the bad foods and have a old sweet tin for the kids nice things, I find this program very good and the food diary works well.

as a reply to Alexis where are you? what do you do? I would like to talk to you

for those who can get hold of it a good book for different recipes is Hairy Bikers how to loose weight and love food but I am in the UK (try amazon)

Peanut butter cookies

1 cup peanut butter (natural)
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. vanilla essence
3 tbsp. stevia granules

combine all ingredients well and cook on gas mark 4 should make about 15 small cookies

RMPage 11 years ago

I joined two weeks ago and have lot 14 pounds already. I think this plan is great. You just have to make sure you are reading all the information that is given to you and make you best choices.

PatFiero 11 years ago

I am also a newbie. Yesterday (Sat) I decided to take charge of my weight problem. I signed up for the Trim Down Club and spent the rest of the day working on my favorite food list, menus for the coming week and grocery list. This morning, the topic of the sermon at our church was “Today is a new beginning!” I know that God has a hand in my decision to change my eating habits and will be my biggest support as I take it one day at a time to better health.

Cynt 11 years ago

Good tips Doryssb..I use the clothes tip as my scale..I started Dec 30 and have dropped a size and maybe more..the clothes I was wearing was tooooo tight and now they are too loose..feels great. I got most of my dark blue food used up…so my shopping is much simpler..i do use the diet journal and that is a real eye opener..if it goes in my mouth I write it down!

Doryssb 11 years ago

Hi Alexis and welcome! You shouldn’t be lonely, just look at how many people from all over the world are in this community with you. And we wouldn’t all be here if we didn’t have weight issues too. You are definetely not alone. You may not be able to see us but we are all routing for you to succeed and cheering you on!
Be sure you read through some of the posts in the Nutrition & Diet section of the community, especially the ‘Newbies’ and ‘Success Stories’ threads. I think you will find the reality that this struggle is not yours alone. Let some of the posts encourage you and help you continue to fight, soon it won’t be a fight at all, just a way of life.
How long have you been in the TrimDown Club? I started around the 7th of this month. If you have the time I would love to hear some of your story…what part of the world are you in, what are your goals, or even how you came to be where you are.
Just remember you are not in this alone. If you have any questions or feel confused post them, read through the FAQ’s, articles and recent studies…knowledge is power and you can have the power to overcome anything.
Many blessings,
Doryss

alexis reynier 11 years ago

im fat and lonely please help me

Viewing 15 posts - 961 through 975 (of 977 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.