Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 977 total)
Nmarr2000 3 years ago

Hi, I don’t really understand the exchange section. I am use to counting my macros, is this different….can some one please explain this to me.

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, SimonPurple. You absolutely can repeat menus as much as you like. You can also substitute other recipes. Many of our recipes can be added using the edit tool to the right of a menu item. For newer recipes that have not yet been added into the system, you can use them to substitute for the main ingredient in your meal. You can also match up the exchanges visible at the end of each recipe and when you click on “Exchange View” in the toolbar above your menu. It doesn’t need to be a perfect match to work.

SimonPurple 3 years ago

So I can pick a day of my menu plan and just repeat it? That would make a huge difference for me in terms of my grocery budget. And I only have two recipes in my meal plan, one within the meal plan and one alternate one. Can I substitute other recipes? Vegan diet, 50lbs to lose

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, anlexbb001. Absolutely! Those are excellent foods. Each two tablespoons of avocado represents a “fat” exchange, and each tomato is a “vegetable” exchange.

anlexbb001 3 years ago

Good day
Newbie here. I would like to add tomato and avo to my diet. Is this possible

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, d56green. The system automatically makes the calculations for you, including for the swaps through the edit tool, so no worries there.
Many of our recipes can be added using the edit tool to the right of a menu item. For newer recipes that have not yet been added into the system, you can use them to substitute for the main ingredient in your meal. You can also match up the exchanges visible at the end of each recipe and when you click on “Exchange View” in the toolbar above your menu. It doesn’t need to be a perfect match to work.

d56green 3 years ago

Hi, I’ve been on this plan for two weeks, and used the same the menu twice. Now I’m in the process of preparing another menu, but would like to have some of the recipes included in my menus, instead of it just saying
5 oz of chicken, or fish, etc. I am so confused, because I don’t know how to switch it out myself, because I don’t know what is being counted, and for that matter, how to distinguish how much of anything to include of exclude in order to continue to lose weight. I hope you’re understanding my issue, as it’s kinda hard to put in writing. HELP PLEASE!

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, elizabethk1. On a keto plan, full cream is an appropriate additive to coffee (without sugar, of course). However, note that it can add up quickly in terms of calories. The amount you can have in a day without counting it is about 15 ml (about a soup spoon). If you have more, then it is recommended to cut back a little on your food portions. How much full cream do you think you use in a day?

elizabethk1 3 years ago

Newbie here, can i take tea with full cream milk without sugar/

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, Grandix3. You can repeat meals and even entire days as often as you wish, so that you don’t need to buy many different items. If you do repeat foods, you can prepare ahead of time and refrigerate or freeze individual portions for later use.
The best way to get a meal plan most closely aligned with your needs is to use the personal version of the Menu Planner application. With that tool, you can select the foods and preparation methods to go into your menus, hopefully utilizing healthy recommendations in our downloadable guides and searchable recipe collection. To take advantage of this, just click on the edit tool (pencil icon) at the upper right of each meal header, then make food choices from the searchable master food list. You will be guided by your meal pattern, which has been calculated to meet your nutritional needs and goals.

Grandix3 3 years ago

Hello, I chose less than 1 hr per day of cooking and low variety and my meal plans include recipes that take an hour or more each and something different to buy and prepare for each meal, every day. I don’t have time to figure out a new meal plan and change everything for every day. How can I get a meal plan that is more closely aligned to low variety with minimal cooking, please?

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, coops3.
1. Lean meat is generally 10% or less of fat.
2. The amount of meat listed is before cooking.
3. Low-fat Greek yogurt comes in various flavors, but we recommend plain.
4. An example of lean beef would be a loin cut.
5. Any apple can be sliced various ways, but the size of a “small” apple would be about 2.75 inches across (diameter)
6. A medium banana is fine, and that is about 7.5 inches long.
7. Nuts can be raw or roasted. Note that the amounts listed are out of the shell.

coops3 3 years ago

Hi Ossie I have a few questions. Trying to figure out this new plan:
1) What is lean meat, the %?
2) If says 3 oz meat, is that before cooking?
3). Is low fat Greek yogurt plain?
4). What would be an example of beef meat lean?
5). How many slices of apple equal a small apple?
6). What size banana to eat?
7). Are nuts raw?

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, Sarah9678. It means that your menu is quite healthy. That score is out of 100.

Sarah9678 3 years ago

What does it mean on my menu that my health level is 87‰

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 977 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.