Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 977 total)
Doryssb 11 years ago

2 things…
The pudding recipe; make sure you use a flavored yogurt! I accidentally made it with a plain and the chocolate was way to bitter for my taste πŸ™

TIP ~~~ On the other threads I always try to read all of the responses from Ossie, whether they apply to me or not. Then I copy and paste them into a Word doc for later reference. There have been a few times I have thought about asking a question and hated to because I know I’ve already seen the answer somewhere but couldn’t find it. Having the running Word doc has solved that problem πŸ™‚

Happy healthy eating to all

Doryssb 11 years ago

***A little recipe quicky***

If you get the chocolate cravings and are tempted by something you know you shouldn’t have, try this instead…

Mix 2 teaspoons cocoa powder (unsweetend) with 6 oz. vanilla Greek yogurt and you have a yummy protien rich, sweet treat πŸ˜‰ in just minutes!

Enjoy

Doryssb 11 years ago

Hi Emmafroud, My son used to do P90 and then P90X so I am familiar with it. You and your hubby should see some results from that pretty soon, it’s hard core! We, my husband and I, use a Concept 2 rower and I alternate with the treadmill. I want to start doing Zumba classes again but I have a stupid (self-inflicted) shoulder injury and I’m a little afraid of tweeking it.
Gotta run to pick kids up from school, have a great day!
Doryss

emmafroud 11 years ago

Hi Doryssb, what did you think to the exercise have you looked it up?

Doryssb 11 years ago

Hello to all the new members πŸ™‚
Hope you all are getting along well. It can be a little confusing or even overwhelming for some at first, if that is the case just read, read, read. There is so much information on this site we’re all bound to learn something!

I have another recipe to share. If any of you have any recipes that aren’t on the recipe page…please share πŸ™‚ You can also go to the recipe page and click on ‘add recipe’ in the upper right hand side and the TDC team will analyze it and possibly add it to the recipe page.

Here’s the new one:
Spiced Carrots
1 T. Olive Oil ~ Heat in skillet over med. heat

4cloves garlic, minced
2t. paprika
1 t. ground cumin
1t. ground coriander
Add to the skillet, cook stirring until fragrant but not browned, about 20 seconds.

3 C. Sliced Carrots (4 med-lg.)
1 C. Water
3 T. Lemon Juice
Salt to taste
Add to pan, bring to simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until almost tender, about 5-7 minutes.

Uncover and simmer stirring often until the carrots are just tender and the liquid is syrupy. Approximately 4-6 minutes

Stir in 1/4C. chopped fresh parsley and serve hot.

I do have the nutritional breakdown for this one if anyone is interested.

Have a blessed evening,
Doryss

emmafroud 11 years ago

hi mrs holly, yes eat it all it looks like a lot but it works

MrsHolly 11 years ago

Hello New Friends,
I have a silly question. I just started this new program today and I am so excited about it but I was wondering if we eat all items listed in the menu planner or just select one food item from each category?
For Breakfast it suggests:
Β½ cup of Oatmeal (cooked)
Β½ cup of Milk (organic), skim
1 Egg (omega-3)
1 Peach (medium)
Do we eat all of those items?

Declan 11 years ago

Hi there, I started this new on the first of January. Since then I have lost fourteen pounds. It really works! The menu planner can be a bit confusing at times, but with practice you can make it good. Just take it one day at a time. Don’t expect huge results every week, one or two pounds is great though. Slow and steady means it won’t come back fast. It changes your whole life, I feel better then I have in a long time. I can even bend over without being out of breath, lol. Take care, have fun with it too.

terri5752 11 years ago

patfiero
Good for you i pray mine works as well im excited

emmafroud 11 years ago

Hi doryssb, I, sorry we do Tony Horton P90 its very good we are working our way up to P90x and P90x2. Me and my husband are up at 5.20 week days so we can workout before he goes to work. I started off with the 10 min trainer also very good it got my interest back for exercise and energy, if you want to have a look go to Beachbody.com

Cynt 11 years ago

Will be confusing til you get it all read…take your time…it will be worth it..my breakfast this AM was a whole wheat English muffin toasted..on this I put, a fried egg,,sl turkey bacon, 1/4 oz cheese, a little mayo and mustard mixed together..very filling…cereal is a quickie that we use when time is a factor..do the best you can til you get it all figured out..good luck!

ESmith 11 years ago

New today, got myself totaly confused…all I want is simple suggestion for breakfast..something fast and easy to fix…can anyone help…there is so much to read…I didn’t think that this would be so confusing..

Doryssb 11 years ago

***New Recipe***

Skillet Green Beans

1 lb green beans
1 C. chopped onion
2 cloves garlic
1/2 C. chopped red bell pepper
1 T raw butter or 1 T olive oil
1 C. chicken broth (low sodium)
1/2 to 1 tsp kosher salt (can substitute regular table salt; use 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon)
Ground black pepper to taste

*Snap the stem ends of green beans, or cut them off in a big bunch with a knife,
*Melt butter/olive oil in a skillet over medium low heat.
*Add garlic and onions and cook for a minute.
*Then add green beans and cook for a minute until beans turn bright green.
*Add the chicken broth, chopped red pepper, salt, and black pepper.
*Turn heat to low and cover with a lid, leaving lid cracked to allow steam to escape.
*Cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until liquid evaporates and beans are fairly soft, yet still a bit crisp.
*You can add more chicken broth during the cooking process, but don’t be afraid to let it all cook away so the onions and peppers can caramelize.
***Plate & Enjoy***

Doryssb 11 years ago

Ok Emmafroud, now you’ve got me curious…what kind of an exercise program do you do? You might even spark an interest for me to give something new a try πŸ˜‰
Doryss

emmafroud 11 years ago

hi doryssb,
thanks for your message and I agree its not about the scales as much as it is about how I feel in my clothes and how comfortable I am with myself. I am annoyed that im still not better so cant exercise, the program I do is intensive and your told not to unless your well. this is the first serious diet ive been on as my extra weight came from my pregnancy with my son where I always felt hungry and as a result over ate a lot and didn’t realy slow down that much after, its good to hear some positive feedback from people as I think to many negative comments can make you doubt the program

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 977 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.