Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 977 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Rita. Ready-made shakes can be OK if it is the alternative to eating nothing. Items like Special K shakes have several ingredients not recommended in this program because they ultimately work against your weight loss efforts (i.e. artificial sweeteners including corn syrup, GMOs and their protein isolates). We would suggest something with a more advantageous ingredient profile. The following are examples you can see for reference of what to look for in an ingredients list: http://www.orgain.com/, http://www.nutivahempshake.com/choc.htm, http://perfectfitprotein.com/

Rita 11 years ago

So excited to be able to get most of the food down. The afternoon snack is hard as I am usually so busy at work. Is it ok to skip, or should I buy a protein drink like Special K and gulp it down. I am drinking more and more water which is new for me. The problem is, when we are so busy and I have to go, when I do go the 1st time, then it seems I can’t stop. Grrrrrrrr
Anyway, with all my grumbles, I have lost 4 pounds in a week. That is wonderful for me who never ate anything and still couldn’t lose 1 pound!

Nikki0630 11 years ago

Nana: When you make your menu plan you can choose to have a lot of variety or as little variety as possible. I did that this week and it gives you the same meals for like 3 days and then switches them around about half way through. I was worried about that too. Let me know if that answers your question.

nana 11 years ago

Hello: I am a little overwhelmed by the many ingredients that I need to purchase to begin this diet. To plan a different meal every day is too expensive for my budget. Would this still work if I stuck with the same meals for 3 days straight?

Nikki0630 11 years ago

I just ate my first lunch and it was so filling i thought iwas going to pop. I had to force down the last bit. I had turkey,veggies,beans and rice and steamed veggies. The rice and beans were A LOT! it was a cup of wild rice and 1/2 cup of beans. Can i cut the amount of rice down to 1/2 cup or will i just eventually get used to the portions?

missy1958 11 years ago

Where can I buy grass fed meat

missy1958 11 years ago

Can anyone tell me kamut is

Rita 11 years ago

Also looking forward to vegetarian choices on the menu planner. Sometimes I feel like all I pick are beans and eggs. My cholesterol is high enough. Love the Sweet Potato Frittata!

Hi, Rita. Some of the recipes don’t have eggs, and some have very little. Of the recipes that do, if you want to use them, try swapping out your eggs for omega-3 eggs or egg substitute – that can make a difference.

Hi, magg. I will forward your query to the tech team. The program will be upgraded soon to separate the Menu Planner application for vegetarians/vegans from that for omnivores. In the meantime, I would suggest swapping out items according to the list and your tastes.

magg 11 years ago

Ossie,
Hi to all.
I am a vegeterian and the menu planner keeps putting meat in there and when I go for a substitute, I’m not sure I would get the same value?

Hi, Magg. You can find specialty items in health-oriented stores, including large chains such as Whole Foods Market and Trader Joe’s, as well as online.

magg 11 years ago

where do I shop for some of these items like swg I have not seen them in a regular grocery store. Thanks Magg

Rita 11 years ago

Are there any recipes that don’t call for so many eggs? I just got my blood work done and my cholesterol is very high and my Dr wants me to go on meds. I am trying to get it lower by taking my flaxseed vitamins 4 x a day and Red Rice Yeast 2 capsules at nite. I am also a vegetarian so my protein choices have a lot of eggs. I see some have egg substitute. I guess the recipes I chose call for a lot of eggs. Back to the drawing board. LOL

Rita 11 years ago

Thanks Ossie! I appreciate all the info and will look into the bars I bought vs what you told me about.

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 977 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.