Viewing 15 posts - 871 through 885 (of 977 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Ovive. You get a week’s worth of daily menus, each of which is based on your daily nutritional needs.
The daily menus are based on patterns of foods and amounts that fit your needs, based on the information you provide in your profile. The most important issue in food combinations is ensuring that carbohydrates are accompanied by a protein and/or fat most of the time. For the larger meals, ideally, you would have several food groups represented (including fruits or vegetables) to ensure optimal digestion and metabolic effects.

Ovive 11 years ago

So If i want to diet proprely , Is this diet plan si based on a day food values or week food values ?
Also , I have hard time to know what are the quantity aloud for each food , and what are the best food combination…..for a meal ?
Thank you

monicab 11 years ago

Hello Ossie,
Thank you for your advice. I will try your exercises and especially the rehabilitation ones hoping it will make a difference. Monica x

Hi, Monicab. A lack of physical activity may be the reason for the slowness of the loss. Note that many people using this program have knee and similar problems, but there are definitely low-impact exercises that you can do. Water aerobics is the most popular, but even at home, you can do sitting or floor exercises that will not aggravate your condition (i.e. lifting light weights from various angles, sit-ups, leg lifts that work the thighs instead of the knees). When you had the operations, were you given a plan for rehabilitation?

monicab 11 years ago

Hello Ossie,
I do not do any physical activity, I have had three operations to my knees in the last three years and I am limited with what I can do.

Hi, minicab. What is your level of physical activity?

monicab 11 years ago

Hello there,
I have been on your diet since january 2013 and I am loosing only 1KG per month. I follow the diet exactly as it is on my weekly menue and 1KG (2.2 pounds) per month does not seem right to me. Can you please give me some advise as motivation is starting to run low. Thank you. Monica

margaretfatso 11 years ago

I started this awesome “new way of eating for the rest of my life” plan 5 days ago. I already have so much more energy and my pants aren’t as tight. My husband who also needs to lose weight and my daughter who doesn’t need to but likes to eat healthy, want to get started too

Hi, WenIWin. Hopefully you are being followed by healthcare practitioners, including a physician, nurse, and dietitian. In the meantime, we can support you on the other end. Are you hyperinsulinemic? Since you are here, I assume you are concerned about your weight, which is affected by insulin.
The Trim Down Club lets you build your menu however you want, based on patterns that are low-carb and high-protein, which fits anyone with a glycemic-related health issue, including hypoglycemia. For you, the division of daily food intake into multiple meals featured here is especially important for you. Do you also have hypoglycemia in the middle of the night? First thing in the morning? If so, you may wish to space your meals out differently.
There are many carbs in the Menu Planner that have lower glycemic indices – quinoa (lowest), spelt, buckwheat and groats, rye, hulled barley (not pearl), rye, oat and wheat groats, and their flours, as well as beans and lentils. Note also that you can swap out the pasta here for bean or buckwheat pasta (soba), which you can find in oriental stores; these stores may also carry the super low-carb rice gluten noodles. There are also milk-free dairy choices in the Menu Planner list – just check off the “vegan” options, and go for products enriched with calcium and vitamins D and B12 if you can. You can also get low-carb dairy-free calcium from green leafy vegetables and almonds and Brazil nuts.
As for the mustard – it is simply a suggested ingredient from which you can make a sauce that would be consistent with healthy eating (mustard sauce for asparagus is very popular – see low-carb example below):
Whisk together the following for each serving:
1 tsp (5 ml) olive oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 Tbsp organic plain soy yogurt
Salt (or substitute) and ground black pepper to taste
———–
If you have any further questions, please do not hestitate to post here. We’re with you every step of the way!

WenIWin 11 years ago

I’m a newbie, filled out my menu planner items. I am hypoglycemic, so I cannot eat pasta or rice, and am allergic to potatoes (expect sweet, as they are not in the same family as potatoes). I am also Lactose Intolerant. Am I really supposed to eat mustard over a cup of Leeks as the menu planner suggested? Or mustard over anything else the menu planner had on the cyclone? I don’t know what this “club” is right for me.

Hsdracing 11 years ago

???

Hsdracing 11 years ago

What are the proportions of the protien/carbs
Needed to keep balanced?
Is there a guideline like
4oz of protein
1 serving non carb veg
1 item from a carb list
1 dairy

Some thing we can follow and pick and chose
On our own?

Hi, bassob. Try starting with the recipes that have “homemade,” “classic,” or “simple” in the name. In the others, you can usually substitute with more conventional but healthier-than-usual ingredients, such as whole wheat flour for other flours, organic dairy for raw dairy. Raw dairy is made from milk that has not been pasteurized or homogenized; it is usually purchased from special farms, but not generally available in Canada. Organic dairy is a fine substitute.

bassob 11 years ago

are any members from Canada….I see several from the UK

bassob 11 years ago

just new to this program and I find many of the recipes on the program pages have so many unusual ingredients that I can’t make anything until I find where I can purchaser most of the items. I guess I could find some of them in my cupboards but many I have never used before nor heard of……raw milk,raw butter….simple sounding but what are they?

Viewing 15 posts - 871 through 885 (of 977 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.