Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 977 total)
smsupersuper 10 years ago

Welcome I. G. M.

Our deitician Ossie-Sharon will answer your questions here usually once a day.

Sandy

IGM78504 10 years ago

Tips on how to get started on day 1 would be great. I’m confused by all these foods that I know nothing about. I need so much help. Right now I’m feeling overwhelmed and doubting my decision to spend money I don’t have on something that my be way over my head and will end up in failure. Please, those of you who understand this program and are succeeding, Help Me!

IGM78504 10 years ago

I just started today. I am so confused. Went to Dietician Online for help only to discover that I need to pay for their help. This was not mentioned. The recipes are totally alien to me except for the beans. This is going to take me much longer than 6 weeks to become acquainted with all this. The recipes are not at all simple. Is there any way to access real life simple recipes? I’m not much good in the kitchen to begin with. I NEED HELP!!!

Deborahjjhayes 10 years ago

I love it ,Jan!!!! And Trim Down Club!!!!

blessingcatcher 10 years ago

Hi, y’all!! Just read an article in the new Better Homes & Gardens called ”Go Ahead, Cheat a Little” by Alice Oglethorpe. It mentioned several things that we are familiar with in TDC! But, one of the things I found particularly insightful was from some recent research that was done at Skidmore College. THey said that dieters who ”cheat” or ”splurge” at least once weekly ”still lose a significant amount of weight and body fat”! And, in a study that followed the dieters even up to a year later, they found that most had ”maintained the loss”!!! Profesor Paul Arciero (lead study author) said that ”Providing people with the chance to indulge assures them that it’s OK to give in to temptation sometimes, which helps them stick to healthy choices most of the time”!!! Oh, yeah!! TDC has been teaching us that since each of us joined! 🙂 Three cheers for the Trim Down Club!!!!

Montgom 10 years ago

Thanks Ozzie – nut butter mixed with banana and spread on frozen waffles sounds delicious. I’m sure one of my grocery stores will have some.
I do have a question about reaching a plateau. As you get older, taking off weight gets more difficult. I have done well this past six weeks and have lost 10lbs but this past week, nothing. I have to jump start my weight loss again, but am not sure how to do it. Would changing up my menus work? I know a little more exercise will but (I know, ‘but’ shouldn’t even be in our dictionary) it’s hard to fit it in – I do wall push-ups in the elevator (stairs ignite my asthma) and walk to someone’s office to speak with them instead of using the phone or email and I volunteer to walk around campus running errands as well as my scheduled lunch time workout. And Christmas is almost on top of us and I’m worried that I will add a pound or two, but it will be really good food and I can pick up where I left off. Ok, you are going to say I’m doing the right thing and am I trying to encourage myself? The answer is yes but it always sounds better coming from someone else, doesn’t it.
Thank you for all your support and keep up the good work everyone! Happy Holidays to you all!
Georgia

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, Georgia. Nut butter is just like peanut butter, but with any nut, such as almond, cashew, etc. If your store carries them, they will be in the same area as the peanut butter.

Montgom 10 years ago

Hi Ossie – I see ‘nut butter’ as a substitute for walnuts. I assume this doesn’t mean Nutella. Can you tell me exactly what nut butter is so I can look for it.
tks, georgia

Hi, LeeJay, and welcome. It does get easier, but takes time (though less time than it took to gain the wait). Please do try making changes gradually – for example, mixing only part of the sweetened fruit that comes in the yogurt, and making up the rest with real fruit and a good sweetener like inulin (chicory root), and gradually up the percent with the real ingredients. It may seem ridiculous at first, but shocking your system (and taste buds) is rarely the way to go! Regarding the ingredients, please do take advantage of our articles and recipes to read up on them and find seasoning ideas. Regarding finding them, where are you located? I would be happy to help there.

LeeJay 10 years ago

I am new to this website and not sure about some of the foods on the menu. Some of them I do not even know where to find and some I have tried and just do not like. I really do not like many foods and that when I try to eat them I am left feeling unsatisfied. Will this get any easier? Will I learn to like the food? I have been trying the sprouted grain bread, ugghh bland. I like yogurt only if mixed with the fruit but I did not like the plain yogurt with fresh fruit. HELP

Deborahjjhayes 10 years ago

So excited to see the cookbook has been updated to include serving sizes

The cookbook has been updated to include serving sizes – just download it again, and you’ll see the information at the bottom of each recipe.

fotogal 10 years ago

I was wondering about this too – the recipes on the site do give the number of servings, but the cookbook recipes in the download does not…?

Hi, Gaynor, and welcome. If you look up the recipes on the site, you will see the serving sizes for all of them.

Gaynor1962 10 years ago

Hi,I am just starting the diet and looked at the recipe book. Could you tell me how many serving are in the recipe

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 977 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.