Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 977 total)
Cajohn 10 years ago

I have just solved my crunchy addiction with hardly any calories. Just take a rice paper the ones used for spring rolls and stick it in the microwave for about 30 seconds or 40 depends your microwave. It comes out bubbled and crunchy . it’s crunchy and enough for me . Try it

Montgom 10 years ago

Hi Ossie, Georgia again. I just make the Tomato and Okra dish and it is delicious. I made the full amount and put half of it in mason jars to seal and keep for later. What I would like to know is, if I want to take this in my lunch, what do I swap out? The recipe doesn’t say the nutritional value (unless I just don’t know where to look). Also, I would like to add it to my menu – I’m sure I read somewhere in these posts that this can be done but I can’t remember for sure. Can you help me?
Thanks, geo

Montgom 10 years ago

Thanks Ossie – I’ll give that a try. It’s easy to cut everything by the same percentage – at least I’ll be getting the proper nutrition
geo

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, Georgia. It’s actually a good thing if you’re in tune with your hunger cues. You can continue using your menu, but try using 3/4 of the meals, taking care to get at least 5 total servings of fruits and vegetables, and 3 servings of calcium-rich food (unless you’re taking a supplement). If you find yourself getting hungry toward the end of the day, then see about adding things back in during the morning/afternoon. It is, of course, best if you make your eating pattern comfortable for you, so that you can use it long-term.

Montgom 10 years ago

Hi Ossie
I have been following TDC almost to a ‘T’ and I find that I just can’t eat all the food in one day. I would be happy with one meal and 5 snacks – is there some way I can get my menu to do this? I make my lunch and snacks for work every day but have at 1/3 or more left over. This is probably accounting for my ‘plateau’ but I’m just not hungry. Perhaps my schedule is off balance: I eat breakfast at 6am, my snack around 10:30, my lunch about 1-1:30(I go to the gym 12-1)and by the time 3:30-4 rolls around it’s too late for my snack as I eat supper about 5-5:30. How can I get this working for my timetable? Am really enjoying the menus but the amounts are a bit much – I feel full quickly. Any suggestions you can give me would be great. Thanks, Georgia

Hi, AuntieBeanie. Monk fruit is the closest thing to Stevia nutritionally, and has less of an aftertaste. In the caloric sweetener area, coconut sugar is great, as is xylitol. We don’t recommend agave because it can work against your goals here.

Hi, Polly. Amazon is a great website from which to order. Where do you live? According to that, I can recommend more sites, and perhaps some regular shops as well.

Alreadypacked 10 years ago

HELP! Please. I need an overview of how many grams, cups whatever of protein , carbs, fats I can eat a day. The menus are too complicated. How about a soft boiled egg, a slice of SWG bread, a handful of blueberries and small glass of skim milk? Is that info availabe anywhere in the literature?

Hi, Pandora, and welcome! Many of the foods are increasingly available in supermarkets and especially supercenters such as Costco and WallMart, but especially in health-oriented shops such as Whole Foods Market, Sprouts, and Trader Joe’s, as well as online (Amazon has a great collection). Where do you live?

kydano 10 years ago

fsf

pandora38 10 years ago

I really don @t know what to eat tomorrow only started today and so many foods seem foreign. Help what do I eat to loose this weight! Help where do I go to look for help!

Montgom 10 years ago

Hi folks – Although a beautiful season, Christmas has it’s downfalls – weight gain. Which I did but not so much as to sabotage my progress – I will be able to take the extra off in a week or two. Just wanted to mention that I have started snacking on rice cakes which I love and they are part of my menu choices. I also bought nut butter (Cashews) and I always keep apples & pears in my fridge. I chop the fruit (or squash it if it is overripe) and mix in the nut butter and spread on my rice cakes. It’s delicious, easy and packs well for lunch. And good on waffles. I am also fortunate that I have a mini-fridge in my office (I used my points card and it only cost me $5) so I don’t worry about spoilage. HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.
Georgia

Deborahjjhayes 10 years ago

IGM We would love for you to join us in Successful Beginnings and support. It makes it so much easier and so much more fun when you have others going through the same thing! Debbie

Hi, IGM8504, and welcome! It is not uncommon to be confused at the beginning, but don’t worry, it does get easier within much less than six weeks. Most importantly, do ease into the program – you don’t have to make major changes or all the changes at once. Please do ask individual questions if you need, and I or other members will get back to you.
Regarding the recipes, look for ones with “Classic,” “Basic,” “Homemade,” or “Simple” in the title, or choose from the “Delights From Members” section (recipes submitted by members and reviewed by our team).

blessingcatcher 10 years ago

Hi, IGM! As Sandy said, the TDC doesn’t tell you, but our “resident” dietician, Ossie-Sharon, answers here in the open forum. There is also another place that has a lot of info in its own forums that is part of the TDC here. Go to “groups” and click on “Successful Beginnings and Support”. Go to the “forums” option and click there. The first 4 or 5 are for beginners and will answer the questions the “newbies” have. And, the “home” of that group has people in and out all day long encouraging each other and answering questions. Pop in and check it out. It is a very fun part of the TDC!

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 977 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.