Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 977 total)
apalmer 10 years ago

Thank you. I appreciate the help

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, apalmer. Choose these hearty soups (https://www.trimdownclub.com/recipe_type/soups/) and put them in a blender – about 2 cups (16 fluid ounces or 480 ml) would be a meal. An alternative would be to prepare a meal from soft foods and put them in a blender with low-sodium broth until you get the desired consistency.
You can also use the shakes (https://www.trimdownclub.com/?s=shake&post_type=recipe) as snacks – especially the ones with a good source of protein.
Best of luck to you!

apalmer 10 years ago

I need some help…tomorrow I am having oral surgery and am sure I wont be able to chew for days. Will you please give me some ideas what foods to “drink” to stay on the program as best as I can. I have the soup cookbook, but what can I eat with the soup, or isnthat enough? Will I eat soup all day or what?

anneclaire 10 years ago

Thanks very much. All this is new for me but the idea of not being alone really helps

Hi, AnneClaire, and welcome. A serving of the quiche as is is 1/12. If you want to make a smaller quiche for less than 12 servings, click on “Fewer Servings” next to the “Serves” at the bottom of the recipe (before the Comments), and you can halve the recipe https://www.trimdownclub.com/recipe/cheesy-mushroom-deep-dish-quiche/.

anneclaire 10 years ago

Hi!

I just started today! Going very well so far! I have a question about the recipes from the Cookbook. It does not say how many servings. For instance how many servings would be in the Cheesy Mushroom Deep Dish Quiche?

Thanks a lot

Hi, Dixeybelle. Individual swaps are fine.

Deborahjjhayes 10 years ago

lomadi6469,Doryssb,teade,alexsis,cynt,emmafroub,and Pat Fiero as I was reading your messages I saw things like confused, having trouble with the planning , menus,, lonely…. If you are still in the Trim down club I would like to invite you all to join us in the group Successful Beginnings and Support We have a very unique and active little support group. The home page is where we chat about the diet and about our families and anything else Then at the top of the page is a forum button that have 40 topical discussions started all about the diet. One very important one is “Getting Started” to lots of recipes to encouragement,motivationto contolling cravings, to sharing your story because everyone has one worth sharing. I’d love for you to join us. go to groups,see all existing groups,click on SBS and you’ll be on the home page. Look arond and thingk about it. God Bless

Deborahjjhayes 10 years ago

doryssb,teade,alexsis,and Pat Fiero—If you ladies are still in the Trim down club I would like to invite you to join our group Successful Beginnings and Support. As I was reading your comments, I heard things like lonely,confused about the menu, needing tips, and recipes. Well, this group was designed to do exactly what ya’ll are looking for. On the main page of the group we just chat about the diet and our lives!! (lonely) We joke and tease each other and share things with each other. At the top of the main page is a forum button. You click on that and we have 40 topical discussion going from teling your story,to recipes, to motivation , to encouragement, to “getting Started successfully” , to exercise, to sharing how we are doing. It really is quite a remarkable little group that will encourage and uplift you every day. I’d love it if you all would join us. To find us go to groups,see all existing groups, click on” SBS”, andyou’ll be on the home page.Hope to see you there soon. Debbie

dixeybelle 10 years ago

Do I have to swap a whole days meals or can I just swap a separate snack for snack etc. I’m trying to compile 2 weeks of meals we are enjoying from suggested meal plans so I can get into some sort of routine. I’m finding I spend a great deal of time in the kitchen preparing food. I try to do everything in the morning even to putting up the snacks so I can get on with the rest of the day. When I come in from exercising it is all ready. I’ve also started making soups from free veg to help with the snacks which say 1 veg.

Hi, nrkc52. Absolutely! Just be sure to get plenty of protein in the morning and don’t bulk up toward the end of the day.

nrkc52 10 years ago

Can I rearrange my daily menu as long as I eat what’s recommended for the day? I can’t get the Menu Planner to set up breakfast foods in the morning. And sometimes it will calculate 2 main courses for the dinner meal.

Hi, eilis408. Yes, nuts are high in fat, and though they are listed in the protein category, the system counts them as both. They are where they are in the lists because the protein they do have is of good quality. This is important for your metabolism, and of course priceless for our vegan members.

eilis408 10 years ago

Ok…I should probably know this but I need help defining what falls in to the “Fats” category. I went to the manual and it talks about oils and butter. I am assuming avocado falls in to this area. Are nuts fats or proteins? I know I should be having fats in at least 4 of the 6 meals but I need some clarity and more choices please! Thanks!

Hi, Dixeybelle. Those look like great options. Fish (especially ones high in omega-3s) make for a great protein source, and potato with skin is a great carbohydrate source. Just be sure to account for them by swapping them for the same food groups in your menu.

Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 977 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.