Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 969 total)
Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, gsjones340. Most peanut butter cookies are about 1 fat + 1 carbohydrate exchange per ounce (30 grams). Each half ounce (15 grams) is about 1 sweet.

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, gsjones340. Most peanut butter cookies are about 1 fat + 1 carbohydrate exchange per ounce (30 grams).

gsjones340 7 years ago

Emmafraud – the peanut butter cookies sound great- how do you incorporate something like that into the menu? what can it take the place of?

denise1953 7 years ago

A question about the amount of fruit I am finding confusing, when we go through the menu it chooses 2 fruits a day, but on the 14 day menu they have fruit 3-4 times, can someone tell me which it is. Still comming to terms with this new eating plan just need to understand it a little more.
thanks Denise

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, Herb. Did you update your profile with your new weight? If not, the system may be giving you too much.
If you did, then instead of just increasing your exercise, try switching the type, in order to work new muscles. Also, if you have any steady, non-intense types in your routine, try to break them up by inserting 30 or so seconds of intense exercise here and there (for example, if you like to take walks or use the treadmill, try adding a brief jog or run, or half a minute with an incline).

HerbLarsen 7 years ago

three weeks

HerbLarsen 7 years ago

My first four weeks I lost 26 pounds. the next four weeks I lost
3 pounds and I doubled my work out. use menu planer and fallow exactly. getting a little troubled. any ideas

Cajohn 7 years ago

I have just solved my crunchy addiction with hardly any calories. Just take a rice paper the ones used for spring rolls and stick it in the microwave for about 30 seconds or 40 depends your microwave. It comes out bubbled and crunchy . it’s crunchy and enough for me . Try it

Montgom 7 years ago

Hi Ossie, Georgia again. I just make the Tomato and Okra dish and it is delicious. I made the full amount and put half of it in mason jars to seal and keep for later. What I would like to know is, if I want to take this in my lunch, what do I swap out? The recipe doesn’t say the nutritional value (unless I just don’t know where to look). Also, I would like to add it to my menu – I’m sure I read somewhere in these posts that this can be done but I can’t remember for sure. Can you help me?
Thanks, geo

Montgom 7 years ago

Thanks Ossie – I’ll give that a try. It’s easy to cut everything by the same percentage – at least I’ll be getting the proper nutrition
geo

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, Georgia. It’s actually a good thing if you’re in tune with your hunger cues. You can continue using your menu, but try using 3/4 of the meals, taking care to get at least 5 total servings of fruits and vegetables, and 3 servings of calcium-rich food (unless you’re taking a supplement). If you find yourself getting hungry toward the end of the day, then see about adding things back in during the morning/afternoon. It is, of course, best if you make your eating pattern comfortable for you, so that you can use it long-term.

Montgom 7 years ago

Hi Ossie
I have been following TDC almost to a ‘T’ and I find that I just can’t eat all the food in one day. I would be happy with one meal and 5 snacks – is there some way I can get my menu to do this? I make my lunch and snacks for work every day but have at 1/3 or more left over. This is probably accounting for my ‘plateau’ but I’m just not hungry. Perhaps my schedule is off balance: I eat breakfast at 6am, my snack around 10:30, my lunch about 1-1:30(I go to the gym 12-1)and by the time 3:30-4 rolls around it’s too late for my snack as I eat supper about 5-5:30. How can I get this working for my timetable? Am really enjoying the menus but the amounts are a bit much – I feel full quickly. Any suggestions you can give me would be great. Thanks, Georgia

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, AuntieBeanie. Monk fruit is the closest thing to Stevia nutritionally, and has less of an aftertaste. In the caloric sweetener area, coconut sugar is great, as is xylitol. We don’t recommend agave because it can work against your goals here.

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, Polly. Amazon is a great website from which to order. Where do you live? According to that, I can recommend more sites, and perhaps some regular shops as well.

Alreadypacked 7 years ago

HELP! Please. I need an overview of how many grams, cups whatever of protein , carbs, fats I can eat a day. The menus are too complicated. How about a soft boiled egg, a slice of SWG bread, a handful of blueberries and small glass of skim milk? Is that info availabe anywhere in the literature?

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 969 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.