Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 977 total)
yianoola 10 years ago

Hello, I am new and would love some support.

yianoola 10 years ago

Hi, I am new to this program. Haven’t actually started yet, but I need help with the menu. When it says “Snacks 1” and “Snacks 2” do you eat ALL the items in that category or just 1?

Trouble2014 10 years ago

Hi eannmorris, I have had a headache for about 4 days now, started as a migraine, now just a headache. I can honestly say that I don’t drink enough water. There are so many things going on during the day that I forget. I was told that migraines are related to lack of water.

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, Wootsie. Definitely not the quick kind – we are talking about unprocessed oats, often referred to as “steel cut”; “stone cut” are the next best thing. One cup cooked is equal to 1/3 cup dry + one cup liquid – either milk, water, or a mix of the two.

Wootsie 10 years ago

When you say oatmeal cooked in milk, which kind of oats are you talking about? Quick cooking, regular or stone cut? How do I cook it?

Hi, jjwordsandmusic, and welcome. It is likely to work because it is based on normal, healthy living that makes your body healthier instead of shocking it (which then comes back to haunt you). As such, there is sometimes a period of adjustment, and it works slower, but it will take much less time than it did to get to this point!

eannemorris 10 years ago

Headache gone and back on the peanut butter so it can’t have been that. I’m finding it difficult to fit in all the snacks because I am out and about quite a lot during the day and forget to have a snack. Eating very sensibly and enjoying trying new things but still haven’t lost any weight after 3 weeks. Must admit though my waist is smaller and I have more energy. Any tips to shift the weight?

jjwordsandmusic 10 years ago

I have just begun….tried MANY other diets and give up after just a few days. I want this to work…and I’ve said that before, too! What will make a difference this time? Anyone got any good ideas?

Hi, RanchGirl. I think you’re referring to “whole evaporated cane juice” – this is usually granulated, but it is not the same as regular “granulated sugar,” which is actually just refined white sugar. Whatever you buy, be sure to check closely, as the difference is pretty significant for your body.

Ranchgirl1 10 years ago

I just joined the club. Went shopping for ingredients for fudge cake, I could not find pasteurized cane just but found granulated instead. Will I be able to use this without it being like granulated sugar?

eannemorris 10 years ago

Ossie-/Sharon, thanks for the reply. I think maybe I am not drinking enough water (don’t really like it) and I am eating peanut butter which is not one of my usual spreads. This week I will drink more water and leave out the peanut butter and see what happens. My head has ached much less often today. Thanks again.

Hi, eannemorris. Until others answer, I’ll just chime in. A few other members have indicated some discomfort as though their bodies were going through “detox”. If you have had a diet rather high in processed foods, this may be what is happening.
However, I would suggest doing an inventory to see if you are eating something you’ve never eaten before, if you are drinking enough fluids, and/or have backed off of caffeine.

eannemorris 10 years ago

Hi, has anyone else suffered a slight headache since beginning the programme? I don’t know if it is just one particular food that is causing the problem or what. Any ideas? It has been going on for just about a week.

MarionS 10 years ago

Hello Everyone:
I joined aout a week ago and tried to improve on my eatingright fromthe start because I had to go food shopping.. I had a little troubel at first because I did the food choices and printed out the shopping list but when I tried to find the menus from that shopping list I couldnt, so now I have ingredients that are not on my weekly menus… I know I am at fault for not understanding and doing the food choices a couple of times and then deleting the excess ones… I finally figured this thing out and after 3 trips to the supermarkets (3) I am truly begining today, I have just finished my first breakfast and am now preparing the Pad Thi Chicken dish to bring with me for lunch and of course I wont foorget my snacks…. I am looking forward to losing weight and feeling better about myself…

skyflier49 10 years ago

Hello, All! Just dropped in to say “Hi.” I have just joined the Trimdown Club and have to get out grocery shopping. I will be actually starting this new healthy eating come Monday. I am really looki8ng forward to this and so happy to see the support shown here and throughout. I know I will really be needing some support throughout my journey. I am Type 2 diabetic, not surpirisingly as I have been a very chunky monkey since a child. Recent health issues have made me realize that I need to seriously take care of myself ,especially by loosing some pounds. Anyway, I look forward to keeping in touch and wish all of you much success in your endeavours!

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 977 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.