Viewing 15 posts - 3,931 through 3,945 (of 3,995 total)
mbailey1017 11 years ago

Here’s to another day! Positive thoughts!
Anyone from Colorado out there?

cjerrems 11 years ago

Good Morning! Well here I go. Turned 60 years old today and am ready for a new start in life. I have learned we are never too old to begin anew. I am a registered nurse, own 2 businesses, have 5 beautiful children and 10 beautiful grandchildren. I have found over the years that work has consumed me, eat on the go, spend time with the family but find that I am too tired to truly enjoy them. I am so ready for a change and believe this site will help me to find that new lease on life. Reality check, life is flying by too quickly. I appreciate any support out there to accomplish my goals, to find freedom, health, and joy for the remainder of my life.

dawnrosie 11 years ago

morning folks, well looks like not just my diet is going to change, looks like Ill be moving home as well! Closer to my daughter and 3 grandchildren! Im going to see the property on Monday.

Nice to see so many folk chatting together. it will be so much easier for us all with a few friends to compare notes with

jgretae 11 years ago

Hi, I am new too, just signed on yesterday, I am in the UK as well and I find a lot of stuff I have never heard off. I am waiting till monday to start as I am giving me this weekend to read through the material and go shopping. When I filled out the Food list I more or less cliced everything as I like food 😉 and like to cook but seeing the menu I got is like 6 diffrent receipte everyday and most of them are for 8-12 portions. There is never the same food twice so by the end of second week I have food in the freezer for another 10 weeks it looks like LOL. I have found it is not marked weather it is freezer friendly or not but at least it looks like real food … will be following this forum and looking forward (and dreading) monday 😉

mandarama 11 years ago

Thanks for the heads up Maddi. The £3.70 postage makes it a no go for a single loaf, methinks – but Sunnyvale (who make the loaves) I’ve seen somewhere nearby, so it’s a walk into town for me.

maddistealfox 11 years ago

that was meant to say £1.72!!!

I just looked it up.
you can get them on line….goodnessdirect.co.uk
Looks like they also do a ginger one.
expensive but i will order one and see if it freezes ok.
lovely to have a bread treat now and then.

mandarama 11 years ago

Hi there everyone. This group is really growing, isn’t it? I like to think I’m fairly savvy about foods, but had never heard of ‘sprouted whole grain’ – does anyone know where loaves can be bought in the UK? Or is it a case of sprouting it ourselves? I imagine it will go off within a couple of days and will be expensive, so probably only an occasional purchase anyway.

welcome newbies….
yes it does help to read these posts.
this is day 4 for me and the three days i have gained weight!
but this morning the gain was only .2 of a pound.
hopefully it will reverse soon.
does anyone know whether we can have soda bread?

PattyBowker 11 years ago

Hi Mary, Miss Penny & MBishop. Welcome to the newbies! We all have a lot to gain by the losses to come. This is sure to be challenging at times but with help when needed we can make the changes. Here’s hoping for all our success!

misspenny 11 years ago

Hi everyone. I have lost weight in the past, just can’t seem to keep it off. It’s a yo-yo affect. Love to eat, but need to choose better foods. Am healthy,from the last doctors blood test report, just need a new eating lifestyle. What I really need to do is go into my kitchen and throw out margarine, juices, white bread and start over. No more “bad” good food! Best wishes to you all!

mbailey1017 11 years ago

Hey all! I’m here for the first time too. Haven’t really jumped into the program yet. I’m still reading the materials & going grocery shopping tomorrow:) I have gained stress weight the last couple of years. Ready to focus on myself for a while! Good luck everyone! May the new year bring us rainbows after any rainstorms we may encounter!!!

misspenny 11 years ago

Hi everyone. I have lost weight in the past, just can’t seem to keep it off. It’s a yo-yo affect. Love to eat, but need to choose better foods.

MaryBishop 11 years ago

Hello!
I am in my third day of my new eating regime. I have at least 5 stone I need to shed. How it came that high makes me feel awful. I have tried other diets but they never include the foods I like- well with a lot of tweaking they do but that doesn’t help, it’s almost like going it alone!
I love with this Trim Down how I can put down all my “likes” with food and a menu comes up with those foods.
This time I have decided this is not a diet; where you are on it or off it; more a way of life. I am looking for energy and feeling light like I used to be.
I wish every newbie (myself included) every success and look forward to sharing your experiences.

PattyBowker 11 years ago

Hi Carol glad to see you here on the newbie group. We are all in this thing together.

Viewing 15 posts - 3,931 through 3,945 (of 3,995 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.