Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 3,995 total)
Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, suzid29. No, 16:8 means that you eat for 8 hours an fast for 16 – you can drink water, but otherwise don’t put anything in your body. In the intermittent fasting plan, you get a one snack between meals, and in our regular non-fasting route, you get three. What we call a snack is actually more like a small meal – it doesn’t mean grazing throughout the day.

Lisa3ms 3 years ago

Hi I’m new here and probably not posting this in proper place! In the main intro movie clip it said don’t eat a lot of processed soy, but isn’t Quorn a processed soy product, I’m veggitarian so my menu and meals are meatless , just curios thanks!

suzid29 3 years ago

Hello, I just signed up and I have a couple of questions. The web site says I should start with 16:8. Does this mean I eat fro 16 hours and fast for 8? Also I am truly new to IF- so where can I get more information about this? Doe this mean for 8 hours I put nothing in my body, then for 16 hours I follow the menu plan?

Next question- I see snack suggestions, and people commenting about snacks, but what I read in the 101 guide says don’t snack?

Thank you

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, lbachler. Nuts make for an excellent keto snack (if you like chocolate covered ones, remember to get the dark chocolate type). Other options include hard cheeses, avocado, and sour cream with
“free” vegetables like leafy greens, celery, or cucumbers. Remember to be careful of portions sizes! You can get a sense of those by checking out the snack ideas in the menus – to see more, click on the edit tool to the immediate right of any snack item, then scroll down the list.

lbachler 3 years ago

I see in the diet journal it gives us an option to input snacks .. what are some yummie keto snacks to buy at the store

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, Shaks. Enter the “My Menus” area (link on the home page), then click on the plus sign button. You will be taken through the process there.

Shaks 3 years ago

Hi! How can I edit what foods I like/dislike as I seemed to have missed a few.

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, CrochetDiva. You can see your food group exchange information by clicking on the “Exchange View” button above your menu. Similarly to regular diabetes food group exchanges, ours translate to the following approximate nutritional values:
1 carbohydrate exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 3 grams of protein
1 protein exchange = 7 grams of protein + up to 5 grams of fat
1 fat exchange = 5 grams of fat
1 fruit exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates
1 vegetable exchange = 5 grams of carbohydrates + up to 2 grams of protein
1 sweet exchange = up to 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 5 grams of fat
1 free exchange = up to 5 grams of carbohydrates or up to 2 grams of protein or fat

CrochetDiva 3 years ago

Hello! I am wondering how much of each food group I/we are suppose to have each meal/ day… I’m a diabetic (type2) and was hoping for some diatician help as to menu options. There are foods on my list that I don’t thing I should be eating??? How many carbs per meal etc. I’m confused …please help – Thank you

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, elizabethk1. Full cream yogurt is fine, and it makes for a great snack with strawberries. However, like the full cream milk, if it is in addition to what is on your menu, the calories add up. You are probably getting in an extra 250-500 calories each day, which could explain a lack of weight loss. I suggest that you make sure that you have just one snack each day OR cut back on a meal portion by a third for each extra snack you have. Similarly, you should cut back on a meal portion by a third to compensate for the milk you have in your tea.

elizabethk1 3 years ago

I take about 1 and half cups of full cream milk because i drink lot of tea without sugar a day. Is it not acceptable? I see that i am not losing weight. I have not been eating carbs at all. and I am now at 14 days.

Is full cream plain yoghurt acceptable, cause i take it with strawberries as a snack sometimes

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, RogueGirl. I see that you do have some pre-made menus in the system. What is it about them that doesn’t suit you?

RogueGirl 3 years ago

Hi total noob and… perhaps an unhappy one.

I was led to believe that an actual menu would be created for me? Not me having to go through recipes and create it for myself.

Am I wrong in thinking this?

I appreciate that it sounds lazy on my part, but this is exactly why I’m tired of going to a dietitian who gives me vague suggestions one what I can and cannot eat as a diabetic. I was really looking for something that would tell me to “eat this, not that” and simplify the process.

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Rubygal56. You can choose when your snack times are, but we do recommend that they be at similar times each day (meals, too). Most people do best spacing meals and snacks out with about 2.5-3 hours in between.

Rubygal56 3 years ago

when are snack times

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 3,995 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.