Viewing 15 posts - 3,961 through 3,975 (of 3,995 total)
mandarama 11 years ago

Hi Maddi – have you gone through the browse process to choose an image from your files, before clicking upload? I’d choose a midrange shot too, as mine was a close up and the system cropped me to extreme close-up. (Sorry about the scary image folks!)

dawnrosie 11 years ago

maybe your pic is too large, try resizing it to longest edge = 500 pixels

maddistealfox 11 years ago

tried several times to put photo on here. get as far as the upload -which i click…then nothing happens.

That’s meant to say ‘body’ !!!

welcome Amanda.
two days on this way of eating -energy great….but put on a pound for each day…hope this stops soon. am having 6 very small meals. but for years left carbs out so maybe it is that!
Patty i am hoping your thoughts on the bady learning it will not be starved will happen soon.
I am not doing the menu thing….well for now…I have stocked up with the basics. I don’t mind not cooking every day!!! one bonus of living alone ! 🙂

Amandz 11 years ago

Hi to all other Newbies, from sunny South Africa.
I have also lost the plot with healthy eating . tried the juicing and going raw and guess what –i picked upweight. so here goes to this plan .
I am 62 years old . working full time and find it difficult to even hav emy cup of tea at 10 am never mind 8 glasses of water a day –This really going to be a challenge. I am also a nurse like Patty -HI !Nurse unite . we are so good at giving advise now the tables are turned lets see how we do.
I ahve just signed up and have not yet looked at all there is to offer
until later Amandz

dawnrosie 11 years ago

oh good a few more faces visible lol, welcome Polly, I think most of us are still just finding our feet and working out how the sites works. Ive got as far as getting my menus planned but not much further as in having gone and got a full couple of days shopping yet. Im still using up food already in the cupboards and reading up about stuff

PattyBowker 11 years ago

Hi Pollyann welcome…you’ve found us. We are all newbies and probably are having similar problems. Rest assured someone will help. About your question about prawns…they are large shrimp and quorn is a meat substitute that is readily available in England. I haven’t seen quorn in my local health market or grocery store. There are many meat substitutes available. Are you vegan or vegetarian? If not you can substitute chicken wherever it is asking for quorn or a very lean fully trimmed piece of beef. Hope this helps. BTW when I was filling in the planner I just didn’t select the quorn and it never appears on my menu. See if you can de-select the quorn and it should disappear from your list. Patty

pollyann 11 years ago

Just finding my way around this site no instructions on how to get onto the forum, or is it just me? Doing this by trial and error, may seem a simple thing to do but I am not very computer savvy. I have left a message under the wrong topic already. I am a newbie, I have an awful lot of weight to loose and I am trying to ease the illnesses I suffer from which have been caused by my weight and hormone imbalances in the first place. Most of the menue items are a mystery to me. Cooked prawns and quorn are nowhere to be seen (Or am I missing something again). Going to give the plan a try starting tomorrow I will have to adapt it and see how I go.

PattyBowker 11 years ago

Hey Dawn thanks for the help on getting an avatar posted.
Maddie, I have been toying with the idea of weight watchers for a while and I guess the weigh ins had me spooked because of my longstanding poor diet I’m afraid of the weight gain too. Although I believe that there will be a reset that occurs fairly soon because my body will learn that there will be more food coming. I’m hoping that this will occur for both you and I.
Welcome Quilter once all the check marks are golden on the planner for every meal & snack you will see the menu plan. Keep on working with it…it took me a couple days.

dawnrosie 11 years ago

ok, so to get your avatar, click on your username right up the top right, that takes you to your profile page, click on the avatar box and you should get to change it there.

Quilter, have you completed all the food choices, the ticks on all options ie morning afternoon snacks etc have to be gold then you can move on and once you click through to finish you will see your daily menus. Make sure to “save” your choices. After that you can go into Apps and scroll down to see your saved menus

quilter8 11 years ago

i am so confused. I filled out the foods i like yesterday and dont know where to go tofind the menus for me and I also thought the dietician was included in the price and it looks like you have to pay extra for that. Im very confused Help

mandarama 11 years ago

Hi OregonGirl you and I both have a long way to go, but with determination we can get there.

Yes, AwayAgain, you will be right although Wholegrain is a real tooth breaker. I think roughcut wholemeal will have to be my ‘near enough’ substitute. It’s certainly something to research though, as I’m not sure what is missing from wholemeal. Any ideas, anyone?

yes I would like to put photo on here.
Hi Patty- I am the same…..having been on low cal /points for many years the body hangs on and indeed grabs everything going. Thats why I stopped going to weightwatchers-people were loosing pounds each week and i worked so hard for the odd half pound. And I do exercise every day. It would be so easy to give up.
I bought some snack a jacks today-sour cream and chive…they are lovely <3 . It is nice to be able to eat again but i am so scared of putting on weight!!!

PattyBowker 11 years ago

Hi Dawn sometimes I hate to admit that I am a nurse because I should have continued a healthy lifestyle for more than 20 years of nursing. But, reality has finally crept into my life & now I need to fix these bad habits. It is so nice to be part of like minded folks. I’m with you in the 10 glasses of water a day being a struggle too. I have made it almost a game now…every time I have to pee I grab another glass of water. It’s almost funny. BTW Dawn, how did you add your photo to your posting?

Viewing 15 posts - 3,961 through 3,975 (of 3,995 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.