Viewing 15 posts - 3,976 through 3,990 (of 3,995 total)
dawnrosie 11 years ago

Hi Patty, welcome to our little corner of TD, good to have a nurse on board lol

PattyBowker 11 years ago

I joined the last week of December…can I consider myself a 2013 newbie? 🙂 Well here goes, 58 years old, 147 lbs. I’m with you Buffie just writing it down causes shivers. I know better because I am a nurse but the human in me has made the wrong choices. My challenge is that for years I have only eaten 1 meal/day and have over the years decreased the caloric count on that to try & keep the weight down. My body hangs on to anything I take in because in “starvation mode” it isn’t sure that there will ever be any nutrition coming again. I am trying to train myself to eat the 6 times a day but am finding that to be a challenge. Luckily last night we had a church meeting with a potluck dinner so I took all the cookies & candies from the holidays and did not bring any of them back with me. Well, enough of the ramble. Just wanted to join in with a group of folks like me. Hi to you all & prayers for success for everyone. Patty

awayagain4 11 years ago

Hi Mandarama
I thought wholemeal bread was one of the baddies? I thought we have to have 100% wholegrain? I hope so because I’ve just bought 2 loaves.

dawnrosie 11 years ago

hi Buffie

buffie60 11 years ago

Hi All!

Turned 60 in October and have decided that this is the year to get back to where I belong. 5’2″ and 190 pounds…wow…seeing it in print is really scary! I am explring the site and getting ready to put together a shopping list. My husband is a runner, so he can eat anything…but hates vegetables. My son, 27, just passed the bar, eats mostly paleo, so he won’t be a problem. I have tried lots of dfferent diets in the past 2 years…hope this one works! Had ankle surgery 2 years ago and still have swelling problems…hoping that losing weight will cure that. Nattered on enough now! Hugs to all!

dawnrosie 11 years ago

hi OregonGirl and mandarama,
well so far Ive only replaced my bread and bought butter and some goats cheese and pancakes. I don’t really eat very much at all sometimes only a sandwich a day. Getting used to eating more but of the right things will be a big challenge for me.

OregonGirl 11 years ago

Hello all. Just joined. 56 y/o and 5’6″. 300# = twice my optimum weight. Not an overnite adventure.

More later.

mandarama 11 years ago

Now, I’d have helped you with those raisins Dawn, if only you’d said. A problem shared … You know.

mandarama 11 years ago

Hi there Mo/Dawn/Maddi
The food planning will take some getting used to, I think. I’m a pescetarian and somewhat bemused that the mealplanner came up with three different types of tuna to be eaten in one day! ha ha! thank goodness for substitution. I too am from the UK and realise many things are not available here. I did see a spelt loaf somewhere a few weeks back, but can’t remember which supermarket chain did it. Anyone? I sometimes make my own bread so may just do that – ensuring it’s 100% wholemeal. I use less than a bag of sugar a year, so thankfully won’t need to buy sweeteners.

dawnrosie 11 years ago

gone now lol, just pigged out on them! Well it did actually say raisins for breakfast this morning!

maddistealfox 11 years ago

The fact that you still have the chocolate covered raisins and have not eaten them gives you high points!

dawnrosie 11 years ago

Ive got a few chocolate covered raisens left lol

awayagain4 11 years ago

Hi Maddie and Dawn

I’m off to clear out the last of my Christmas food from the fridge.
I’m hiding away the chocolates and booze so as not to be tempted.

awayagain4 11 years ago

It may interest you to know that Stevia sweetener, used in many of the recipes, can be ordered from Amazon

dawnrosie 11 years ago

Hi Maddie nice to meet you, a cappuccino sounds great, 10 glasses of water a day is going to be a struggle!

Viewing 15 posts - 3,976 through 3,990 (of 3,995 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.