Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 3,995 total)
SandySandy 3 years ago

hi ossie –
can you tell me how many calories i’m allotted at my current weight?
tx

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, OxiRoxi. At your current weight, you are allotted about 1800 calories per day. Exchanges are building blocks for the meals, and translate to the following approximate nutritional values:
1 carbohydrate exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 3 grams of protein
1 protein exchange = 7 grams of protein + up to 5 grams of fat
1 fat exchange = 5 grams of fat
1 fruit exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates
1 vegetable exchange = 5 grams of carbohydrates + up to 2 grams of protein
1 sweet exchange = up to 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 5 grams of fat
1 free exchange = up to 5 grams of carbohydrates or up to 2 grams of protein or fat

OxiRoxi 3 years ago

Hi! Is there a way to know how many calories are in each meal under “My Plan” or in the recipes? I don’t understand what the “exchange” means. Thank you.

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, anlexbb001. Absolutely! Those are excellent foods. Each two tablespoons of avocado represents a “fat” exchange, and each tomato is a “vegetable” exchange.

anlexbb001 3 years ago

Good day. I would like to add tomato and avo to my diet. Is this possible

isab25081601 3 years ago

hi

Giab1963 3 years ago

Thanks sharon!!

uri.shasha 3 years ago

;lk’k;l

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, Giab1963, and welcome! We wish you much success here, and are happy to help however we can.

Giab1963 3 years ago

Hi! I just joined yesterday. Excited to join. I am almost 57yrs old and have type 2 diabetes among other health issues. Hoping this will motivate me!

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, stacieb2626. There are different calorie amounts depending on a person’s stats. At your current weight and goal, you are allotted 1600 calories per day. The weight loss rate is also quite variable, and depends on how much one needs to lose, activity level, basic metabolism, etc. Usually the rate averages about 1-2 pounds per week.
I’m not sure what you mean by the calories being “off” in your plan. We don’t post calorie information, so perhaps you are referring to the exchanges? If it helps, I’m posting the general nutritional values of the exchanges here:
1 carbohydrate exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 3 grams of protein
1 protein exchange = 7 grams of protein + up to 5 grams of fat
1 fat exchange = 5 grams of fat
1 fruit exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates
1 vegetable exchange = 5 grams of carbohydrates + up to 2 grams of protein
1 sweet exchange = up to 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 5 grams of fat
1 free exchange = up to 5 grams of carbohydrates or up to 2 grams of protein or fat

stacieb2626 3 years ago

Ok another?. The meal plan came up I clicked on edit and every meal the computer made shows the nutritional value is off. And it wasn’t me to replace every meal. if the computer chose the original menu why isn’t it nutrionally correct

stacieb2626 3 years ago

Good afternoon.. after messing with the meal plan and getting it where I think it should be. How many calories a day is the average.and what is the timeline for weight loss with the meal plan. Thanks

clutterqueen 3 years ago

Hi everyone,
I just switched to trim down from another weight loss program.
Lost 20+ pounds and still have a way to go.
Looking forward to meeting some like-minded friends to travel this healthy road together

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, Lisa3ms. Quorn is actually soy-free – it is made mostly of mycoprotein (from fungi). Some quorn products do use egg, though there are vegan products as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 3,995 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.