Viewing 15 posts - 3,901 through 3,915 (of 3,995 total)
awayagain4 11 years ago

Can I use UK hard cheese such as Cheddar and Red Leicester in my menu?

How much am I allowed in a snack meal?

Harbourview 11 years ago

Hello, I am Harbourview, a 61 year old man weighing in today at 16.5 stone. I thought I would introduce myself. I have a physical problem in that I have Sciatica for the second time in a little over a year.
My aim is to loose 2.5 stone.
Like many others I found this by chance and am hoping that it will change my life. I admit to being extremely sceptical. I look forward therefore to being proved wrong.

Support 11 years ago

Dear UK members: Welcome to all of you!

We at Trim Down Club are very excited to see you participating in the program. We have also been very pleased by all the wonderful feedback you have sent. And we heard you!

Modifications to optimize your experience here are being made to the tools provided on the website, starting this week – particularly to the key Menu Planner application, as well as to our collection of recipes and food shopping guidance.

Stay tuned, and of course, our doors are always open to your suggestions

To Your Success!
Trim Down Club

VanessaNicholson 11 years ago

Hi Ladies,

I don’t have a reply as such, but i am a 2013 Newbie. 6 days and counting. I absolutely love this plan so I am not sure what all the negative comments are about, especially from ladies who say they have just joined. They sound defeated already.

Its so easy to work out, it only includes the foods i have chosen and if one that i don’t like should get through, I can swap it for something i do like which makes it so easy to work with. Finally a plan that has all the foods I love.

One quick question, just wandering why the mid afternoon snack is soooo much smaller than the late night snack. Could i could swap these around. I usually feel like something late, but not that much.

Thanks to those responsible for this site, am not even sure how i found it now, but so glad I did cause it has helped me to understand why all other efforts have failed so dismally. If only i had known this way back then. 🙂

Regards
Vanessa

noelval 11 years ago

Hi, just joined, was wondering if anyone could help me with the site? I am having problems downloading the sound file. I am from Merseyside UK. How are other Uk users coping with finding the US foods? Oh my name is Val

maddistealfox 11 years ago

good luck with your baking Manda….
I have decided to just eat rice cakes-ryvita- and the like.
Not enough patience to bake.
I don’t know who Ossie is but hopefully she /he will pop in and say hello- but as Dawn said – our group is growing and it is a help and support to read peoples stories 🙂

mandarama 11 years ago

okay, further update on MyMill. To take advantage of the free shipping, you need to buy four packs of the 2day sprouted flours. I’ve chosen the Ezekiel, as I’ve heard about it for a couple of years and hadn’t found it in the UK before. The price of £9 something per 2.5 kilo bag seems steep, but is reduced to £7 something, when you buy four. When you take into consideration not having to pay postage, which was going to be £5.98 for two 400gm puches, then it begins to seem like a bargain!!! Well, what price health, in any case? I am thinkiing, it’s a pity we don’t live nearby to each other, as we could have a co-operative for buying. I think I might ask family/friends, if they want to do that. I’ll bake them a sample first, eh?

I’ll let you know when it arrives and how I get on with it all.

mandarama 11 years ago

Here is the link to the MyMill/Breadlink website, for sprouted flour:

https://www.ekmsecure19.co.uk/ekmps/shops/breadlink/index.asp?uid=af5657e0-536c-4fa9-9db2-62be63f764b7

mandarama 11 years ago

Well, have to say I’m impressed by the quick response from MyMill. Here it is

Hello

First do your purchase and add product in your cart.At the end the system will ask you to create an account, pasw and pay.In the future you will be able to access your account from home page.

Winchester : its only an office. We have a small depot in Hemel Hempstead and the main one in Lichfield. We are the only manufacturer of Sprouted flour in Europe to date…

Thanks for your interest and good health

Francois

How good is that 😀

dawnrosie 11 years ago

np, Manda, x

mandarama 11 years ago

sorry Dawn, hadn’t seen your post re Ossie, when I wrote mine.

mandarama 11 years ago

Okay, firstly, I can see that some forum threads are being monitored and questions answered, so I’m putting the name of the responder Ossie in the tags, in the hope she is alerted/picks it up. Perhaps she will then trawl through this thread and respond to the questions people have posed. (Hi there Ossie, if you see this).

Secondly, there is a site MyMill/Breadlink that sells organic and sprouted flours in the UK. The prices are £3.50 fo a 400gm ‘pouch’, but this drops to £2.99 each if you buy two or more. It also seems that you don’t pay postage unless your purchases total more than 9.something kilo.

Delighted, I put two in ‘my basket’ and tried to check out. To do that I needed to log in, but could not find where to sign up. This does not seem possible – but, of course, it must be! I have emailed them and will report back here. I have also asked if people can call in to purchase from them. They are based in Winchester.

Watch this space for updates.

tinkinator 11 years ago

Hi, just joined and looking through stuff so am a newby as well. I am looking forward to getting started, good concept going here I think ! I have major stress in my life and being able to corrispond with others who understand the situation will be great.

dawnrosie 11 years ago

I think Ossie pops in most days to see whats going on in the forums. Maybe the forum could be a bit better so as to separate help threads from general chit chat threads although I think we need to just wait and see how it all works before trying to change things.
At least we do seem to have a active group starting to get things answered

MaryBishop 11 years ago

Good morning from Durham, England!
It is great to read all the postings, it is so good to get to know like minded people.
I am 60 years old- my next birthday is the 18th February, it would be good to have lost 7 lbs by then.
Like you Judy, my husband says it doesn’t matter what size I am, which is good- no pressure- but I would still like to be smaller.
Since going on medication a few years now my weight has slowly risen to the highest I have ever been, even when I was pregnant!
I am not a diabetic but I do suffer from hypoglcaemia which is playing up big time. When it is as bad as this I have to drink regular cola and biscuits- not too many of either!
Hm, Smiller, I don’t know if you are supposed to eat when you’re not hungry on this “diet”. I look forward to hearing the answer.
Like someone said, it would be good if these chats were monitored so that our questions will be answered.
Rotten day yesterday so I am determined to do better today!

Viewing 15 posts - 3,901 through 3,915 (of 3,995 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.