Viewing 15 posts - 3,886 through 3,900 (of 3,995 total)
Debbie-hanlon 11 years ago

I am loving this diet being in Australia can not get all the food I found the best way for me is to pick only few simple foods on the menu and finding it easy to stick to and have lost weight. I have not been hungry thought I was eating too much but carnt be because I am loosing weight . I just got to get motivated to do more exercise I started at the gym today hope I can keep it up once I go back to work

Seaborngirl 11 years ago

Hi OregonGirl….I am with you love….got a long journey too. Catch up with you along the way.

Seaborngirl 11 years ago

Well, day 1 again!!! Hehe! I have begun with renewed motivation today!!! My life is back to some semblance of normality after the Christmas/New Year, and don’t have the grandkids and family to help me lose my focus!!! Lol…love having them of course, but hard to concentrate on all this info, and putting the important things first, like changing my eating and excercise plan! My husband is doing this with me so that makes it a little easier.I will keep you informed “mandarama”, thanks for the encouragement. And “tinkinator” I am sure there are many of us here who understand the “stress” problem…it can be very overwhelming.

karenska 11 years ago

Thanks for the replies – no, I won’t be adding Grits to my diet! What a laugh – I was hoping to lose weight but instead I’m extending my vocabulary. I’m thinking of asking for a refund as I am really busy with a full time job and can’t spend so much time researching terminology … good luck everyone.

Harbourview 11 years ago

Hello Karenska,

According to Wikipedia;- Grits is a food of Native American origin common in the Southern United States and mainly eaten at breakfast. Modern grits is commonly made of alkali-treated corn known as hominy.

Grits are similar to other thick maize-based porridges from around the world such as polenta or the thinner farina. “Instant grits” have been processed to speed cooking.

In the introduction we were told one of the foods to avoid is Corn otherwise known as Maize. Since Grits are made from maize flour I personally will be avoiding this. It is up to you what you decide to do.

maddistealfox 11 years ago

hello sheena -welcome

maddistealfox 11 years ago

sounds good Dawn….not sure about the very elderly neighbours though. keep us informed.
we could all come to the flat warming!!! 🙂

Sheena 11 years ago

Hello, I also joined today. I have downloaded some of you recipes that really look tasty and easy to do. I hope that this one will help me again. I have been with dieticians before and she really helped me. I lost 15.5kg before we left South Africa in 2010, but unfortunately I never continued with it and put most of it back on. So here I am again. Wish me luck. Sheena

dawnrosie 11 years ago

well I went to have a look, it is a proper old folks home lol, there are 4 vacant flats apparently. Youngest resident is 80! It all seems very nice tho. There are double and single flats. A lady showed me hers, she has a double flat and its not too bad at all. Theres one empty that is sort of on the edge of the court on the ground floor which has its own eternal door away from the main entrance and seems a little more independent than some of the others but its tiny and might be in a bit of a dark corner? Shall have to wait until tomorrow now and see inside the flats that I get offered.

mandarama 11 years ago

Hi Karenska
and welcome. SWG is ‘sprouted whole grain’ and difficult to find here in the UK. If you read through the posts on this thread there are some links to uk websites that sell either the flour or ready made loaves. I think grits are a cereal product. I hope that helps.

Tanna 11 years ago

I just wanted to ask about grass fed beef,I can find it here in Canada…. But wow the cost,will it make much of a difference
If I don ‘t eat it?Thanks so much. I joined Dec 29th and I haven’t look back!

karenska 11 years ago

Don’t know if this is the right place to post this query … just joined, about half an hour ago. But I’m in the UK and can anyone tell me what is SWG cereal and what is grits. Don’t know if I eat either of these, or if I want to.
Very disappointed – too much reading and I feel conned too – I didn’t realise this was so geared to the USA

awayagain4 11 years ago

Hi Mandarama

MyMill is such a good site for whole grains. I live near Lichfield where you said they have a store. That’s great. I contacted them to find out if I could make a loaf of bread from spelt flour in a bread making machine. A reply came back in minutes and the answer is Yes

mandarama 11 years ago

Hooray, a response from the site team 😀 How great they are going to make some adjustments for us UKers.

Hi NoelVal, Welcome. I’m not sure what you mean by soundfile. Do you think it might just be your laptop/computer settings? Do you get sound on other videos? On another note: I put a link to a ‘sprouted flour’ website up earlier, if you scroll through you should see it.

Maddi – I know what you mean about the time for baking, but it takes me about ten mins to make dough, then I rest it and apart from that, just shove it in the oven. Far quicker than a trip to the shop and soooo much nicer. Hope you can find ricecakes without all those horrible powder cheese or caramel additives. I think Kallo do some plain ones, available from Budgens/Waitrose, I think.

Hi Vanessa, welcome onboard. I don’t think people are necessarily being negative, just puzzled, because the site offerings present in a different way to others they may have been on and that many of the recommended foodstuffs are hard to source here in the UK. I’m sure, together, we can all find our way through it, with a little effort.

Harbourview, you don’t say where you’re from. I’m coastal, in the UK, being halfway(ish) between Portsmouth and Southampton, although I originate from the bang centre of the country.

To Tinkinator and any peeps I may have missed, a hearty welcome and a thank you to Dawn who I think began the thread.

PattyBowker 11 years ago

Good Morning: Wow, I went offline for one day and now I see we are a GROWING group! Actually, we are a “shrinking” group but there are a lot more of us. I’m from Florida so I had no idea that the UK didn’t have the convenience of health food shops within a short drive. Welcome to everyone! Mandarama thanks for posting the websites & for your hard work to contact them. Maddie I’m not sure about the soda bread. My concern would be the amount of sodium content. If made with 100% whole grains it would probably be ok in small amounts if you don’t have high blood pressure. The trick is looking for the 100% whole grain label. Dawnrose when do you move? The stress of moving can really set your system on a downward spiral toward weight gain but with the program giving you 6 meals a day hopefully the answer to the stress will just be energy to “get it done”. cjerrems sorry I’m late but Happy Birthday! JudyLSmith congratulations on the 5lbs! awayagain4 some people do find that stevia has a strange aftertaste. I have found that if you use less of the stevia you will not taste anything but sweetness. LindaOrtiz68 hang in there kiddo…medications do slow down your body’s functioning but with proper nutrition you can be the best possible. The work of the program is worth it. So to everyone new, Welcome! I have had 2 days of going out to dinner. Guess what…portion control actually occurred naturally…I stopped when I was full!

Viewing 15 posts - 3,886 through 3,900 (of 3,995 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.