Viewing 15 posts - 3,676 through 3,690 (of 3,995 total)
DawnHeffley 11 years ago

Fat Flush Water
Ingredients, per 1 pitcher

Water
1 slice grapefruit
1 tangerine
½ cucumber, sliced
2 peppermint leaves
Ice

Directions
Combine ingredients in a large pitcher.

In case anyone wants the exact recipe.

awayagain4 11 years ago

Hi Dawn

I know from past experience that eating too little can really slow down your weight loss. Your body goes into starvation mode. If you can’t face big meals then six small meals a day should suit you so don’t give up. Perhaps after you have moved home you will be able to focus more. Moving house is very stressful. I’ve managed to buy some wholegrain bread. I googled Sainsbury’s and came up with the following: Doves Farm Malthouse Organic Flour; Doves Farm Spelt flour; they stock a selection of wholemeal loves and organic cheese, yogurt and skimmed milk. I’m going to have a go at making my own bread. If it doesn’t work out then at least I know where I can buy a wholemeal loaf. I was interested to find that organic skimmed milk has a shelf life of 8 days so 2 pints should last me a week.
They also stock Crazy Jack organic nuts and Jordans organic jumbo porridge oats. They have omega 3 eggs and extra lean beef steak mince. The web site even tells you which aisle the foods are located in. I’m going shopping on Monday. With that little lot and some chicken, fish, and lots of free veg and fruit I should be able to make some interesting healthy meals. It’s just the portion sizes I’m a bit worried about. I hope this might help some of you UK newbies that are finding it difficult to find the right food.

CHIA 11 years ago

annaleeramos: THANK YOU FOR THE WATER SUGGESTION OF KEEPING A CHART FOR WATER. I’LL TRY THAT TOO. I AM GETTING DEHYDRATED FROM NOT DRINKING ALL I NEED.

DawnHeffley 11 years ago

Chia,
Try adding Lemon to your water, and if that doesn’t help Dr OZ had a great recipe which included grapefruit slice, orange slice mint leaves and cucumber, I make a big pitcher of that and drink it. It has all kinds of nutrients and cost less than $3 a pop now you’re spending. I hope this helps. Try it and let me know. Best wishes.

Dawn

CHIA 11 years ago

I HAVE NOT BEEN DRINKING NEARLY ENOUGH WATER AND IT IS MAKING ME FEEL BAD — LOSING ELECTROLYTES AND NUTRIENTS – WHICH IS VERY BAD. HAVE HEADACHES AND FEEL WEAK. I HAVE THE WATER THAT HAS ELECTROLYTES IN IT AND HAVE STARTED TO DRINK IT A FEW MINUTES AGO. IT’S VERY HARD FOR ME TO EVEN GET 4 GLASSES OF WATER A DAY SO 10 IS A CHALLENGE, BUT WILL NEED TO DO IT SOMEHOW. THE WATER IS CALLED “MAGIC” WATER, OR “SMART” WATER. THERE MAY BE OTHER NAMES FOR IT TOO? WHENEVER I GET THE FLU, WHICH I DON’T GET VERY OFTEN, I HAVE TO TAKE THAT WATER, OR IF A PERSON HAS DIARRHEA, IT WILL HELP. IT COSTS ABOUT $3 PER BOTTLE – A TALL SLIM BOTTLE. BUT IT’S WORTH IT WHEN YOU NEED IT 🙂 DOES ANYONE HAVE IDEAS HOW TO GET ALL THE WATER IN PER DAY???

camplaffalot 11 years ago

Good morning lovely Trim people! Haven’t been to the health food store yet, and won’t get there today, but had some Muir Glen Organic Soup for breakfast. Too much sodium and 13 grams of sugar, though. Will send hubby shopping for some survival food for me, if I eat much at all. This is my 4th day after chemo, and it usually hits the hardest today. Should begin to feel better tomorrow. I’m making myself get up and moving, but basically I will spend the day knitting yet another Dragon Skin. In another life I was a hand knit designer and still like to design. Made Dragon Skins for all the female family members and lots of friends for Christmas. My daughter wore hers to work and then called me and said “Oh, Mom, I’m soooo sorry! I wore my scarf to work and now everyone wants one!” So I’m still knitting ’em. Knitting keeps me sane. Something to do with my hands besides eating! I notice there are many UK and Aussie people here, and if you knit or crochet you might like knittingparadise.com. It’s a truly international site of lovely people. I’m Camplaffalot over there, too.

dawnrosie 11 years ago

Im not doing very well at all yet with the plan, so far today only had 2 slices of toast with sardines. Im just so trying to get stuff sorted out prior to moving. Today has been a day of folk coming to pick up free stuff, the gas mans here as the heating’s not working and someone is coming to get my cat today as well so 🙁

jackiee 11 years ago

Thought you might Dawnrose, outskirt of london\start is never far some one area. I was over in december, love shopping in the UK, easier to find my size! My folks are near Nuxley Road, my girl loves the park at the top of the road and Danson Park brings back a few nice memories too. How your healthy eating plan going today?

dawnrosie 11 years ago

jackiee, yes Bexleyheath is very close by, my parents and son live there

jackiee 11 years ago

Hello John, glad to see another getting on board. Good luck with achieving you personnal goals.

jackiee 11 years ago

well thats child, barbie and friend having a nap phew 🙂 free time to have my next snack and catch up here. Hope your having sweet dreams seaborn. Well Done Dawnheffley you must be chuffed and wow Harbourview, I’m impressed with your the weight loss, when you can’t excercise yet, sciatica is such a painful condition, hope you get well soon. Don’t bet yourself up annaleeramos, one day at a time, and as you said at least it wasn’t a bowl filled with chocolate and biscuits. My dad & stepmum live in bexleyheath Dawnrose, is that near you. I spent 4 years working in London when I was younger and have always had holidays at my dad since I was 7, so have a strong heart pull to the big smoke, however Kent is lovelly too, my favorite is going to Leeds castle, when I get over and have time. Well that’s my apple finished so going to go get some more housework and excercise done before I’m tempted to open the biscuit tin. Hope your sailing is easier today Annaleeramos, its great your jumped straight back on board. bye for now

y2lamanaki 11 years ago

I’m John, I’m 6’2,” 210, so I have the measurements of an athlete (but certainly not the body of one). I joined on the 2nd, and sort of jumped right in. Excited to see how this works because right now I love the menus.

annaleeramos 11 years ago

Good morning everyone, once again. And I just couldn’t sleep last night Bev. The down fall to that was that I got hungry. But I am not going to let this kick me down. I am going to pick and keep on going. But look at the bright side. I did not reach for the unhealthy stuff like I use to.

DawnHeffley 11 years ago

Hi all me again. Just wanted to share a great site for those who may need to buy some specialty items and are struggling.http://www.igourmet.com. I think it might be kinda of out of some budgets but they have a sale page as well, and I was able to find some of my meats and flours. Ok well just wanted to share. Hope this is helpful.

Dawn

DawnHeffley 11 years ago

Good morning all. I’m here in Virginia in the US, seems like there’s allot from over seas’s that’s wonderful. I always wanted friends from abroad. So Day two and I have to say, I lost 4 lbs so far, I realize the first 5 is water weight, but hey, I’m not complaining. If any of you get a chance the shrimp stir fry is delicious! 🙂 So I’m off to do some shopping to find some of the better flour and such to make my bread and whatnot! Hope you all have a fantastic Slim Down Day. Keep the faith!
Dawn

Viewing 15 posts - 3,676 through 3,690 (of 3,995 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.