Viewing 15 posts - 3,661 through 3,675 (of 3,995 total)
misfit2013 11 years ago

Hi Harbourview, congratulations on losing this week 🙂 I love seeing the scale go down, don’t you? Good luck with your journey on this cruise.

jackiee 11 years ago

Hiya again, excellent to hear your good news Patty weight loss and lots of excercise. Dawnrosie, one step at a time, at least you managed something, hopefully you be able to get on a bit better after your move, sorry to hear about your cat. I do hope your move brings brighter times ahead, but in the mean time while your busy are you able try eat just a little fruit, nuts or yogurt between your meals to keep your energy up and build up you food intake? and hope you got your heating fixed….. Mary Ellen, love the sound of your dragon skins scarves sound amazing, glad you got something to keep your hands busy, I remember the bother my brother had after a few days chemo so hope your finding something nice to help sooth you, are checking out the receipes to try when you feel a bit better, I love the pasta primavera, but done it without the sauce….. Love the sound of your fat water flush Dawn Heffley, will give that a try for sure, shame peppermint doesn’t agree with you Chia, as I find it a godsend to sooth my heatburn, but good luck with increasing your water intake. If you find a good tea substittue please let us know, I do love a cup of tea too…..Annaleearmos who has your day been? did you manage a bike ride today? Have you tried your breadmaking yet Awayagin4….Did you sleep well Seaborn? I had a good eating day and even managed a little excercise for 30 mins. Tonight I had a break from it all and made pizza..well when in italy it hard not make pizza…but I was adviced to ease into this eating plan, by making small changes to help ensure the changes stay inbedded in my lifestyle. A couple of questions if anyone can help…. if you can’t find swg flour what alternative can be used?….and has anyone every tried acai berry or raspberry ketone supplements as a friend is raving about them?

PattyBowker 11 years ago

Hi Barbara raw means unpasturized or processed by heat.

Well, it’s been a while since I’ve posted but I do read the posts late at night. I am so pleased to see that so many are having weight loss already. My challenges are no worse than anyone else. I find it difficult to motivate myself to get off my butt to do a 2 mile walk. But, over the last 10 days I have missed only 3 and now I have myself actually jogging 100 steps at a time 8 times in the 2 miles! This is a miracle because I have terrible lungs & my heart races with even the walking. So congratulations to everyone & I take a hearty pat on the back for myself. BTW the scale has moved…about 8 pounds. Not much but it is great for me. I love this cruise!

BarbaraMW 11 years ago

Me again! what does ‘raw’ mean, as in butter, cheese? Is Country Life raw?

CHIA 11 years ago

emmabarkworth: One measuring cup is 8 ounces — in the United States.

CHIA 11 years ago

DAWN: 🙂

DawnHeffley 11 years ago

Chia,

You’re so very welcome. I live in Chesapeake not far away at all.

Dawn

CHIA 11 years ago

annaleeramos and ginnerlou: Thank you both for your good suggestions!

CHIA 11 years ago

I think that TRUVIA is part of Stevia but somehow a little different. I know I use a lot less of Truvia.

camplaffalot 11 years ago

Didn’t think I had anything on the menu for a morning snack, but when a clicked on that little gizmo beside each food, I found that I DID have things on hand to substitute! I will be using that a lot, I think. At least until I build up a pantry of even better stuff.

CHIA 11 years ago

THANK YOU DAWN. I have a daughter living in Hampton, VA. Which city do you live in?

DawnHeffley 11 years ago

CHIA,
I make a 1 QT pitcher, and I’m sorry to hear that peppermint upsets your stomach it’s supposed to be a calming and soothing plant. I hope this helps you out, with getting enough water in you. If I can help with anything else gladly ask that’s what we’re all here for. I love that we can all share experiences.

Dawn

CHIA 11 years ago

I have been using TRUVIA instead of Stevia. Don’t use as much. I first bought it in the tiny packets but now buy it in a green plastic jar.

CHIA 11 years ago

DAWN: Thanks for the extract recipe. Do you use a 1 or 2 QT pitcher for that? I will probably need to leave out the peppermint because of heartburn, but the rest sounds good 🙂

CHIA 11 years ago

I have a hard time with Tea. After drinking 3-4 cups or glasses, I get heartburn which turns into esophiogitus for me. I shouldn’t drink Tea, but I love to drink it. Guess I have to give it up too. Not worth the heartburn!

Viewing 15 posts - 3,661 through 3,675 (of 3,995 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.