Viewing 15 posts - 3,646 through 3,660 (of 3,995 total)
barkingmad 11 years ago

thankyou chia, for the measurements advice, 8 oz one cup…

maddistealfox 11 years ago

good morning cruisers…i love that we are all on the cruise ship helping each other.I don’t post much but i do read it.
I am not loosing any weight. my metabolism must be really messed up.
I do write it all down…so thanks anna for the links….that video about spice boosing . I will be trying that from today. and I read all your story….so much you have been through…and i empathise about psychologically using weight to make our selved unattractive to men.
I have done the same as you Bev -cut out bread and potatoes and changed to sweet potatoes and rice crackers or ryvita.
will report back re the spices later. I need to look up some curry recipes ;D

Seaborngirl 11 years ago

Hi everyone…hey I have to keep off breads, rices, pastas, couscous, potatoes, etc…I have included them in the things I like for the meal planner, but my system is not coping with it, and I am in a lot of pain, and feeling sick from it all. I have bought some gluten free crackers, rice milk, oat milk, oat bran, and chia seeds to see if it helps, but do I need to have so much bread, pasta, rice, couscous, etc? I realise I need the carbs, but these are no good for me. I am thinking I need to up the amount of vegies I eat…like beans, carrots, snow peas or snap peas, capsicum, cucumber, zucchini, green leafy vegies, etc..and lose the breads etc. Anyone out there got an answer?

Seaborngirl 11 years ago

Go to bed Anna……your stars are shining!

annaleeramos 11 years ago

10 important foods women need for good health.
http://www.sharecare.com/static/womens-health-center

great sight for metabolic boosters.
http://www.sharecare.com/question/what-spices-boost-metabolism#answer_PRD__504a6419563844_63873974

Hello misfit. I wanted to help you out before I sign off. To add a picture, click on your name up top. Then click on the little square for your profile picture to brows pictures. Select one you would like to add from your computer files. It will give you a chance to crop it to your liking and add as your profile picture. I hope this helps you out. Nice to meet you. Your new friend, Anna

Thank you everyone for such kind words and wonderful encouragement. I am so happy we have all found one another, joined by a common goal. It kind of me of the movie (you’ve got mail). Haha. Hey Bev. you just have you a great weekend with the hubby and the friends. We are all here for you when you need us. Take care everyone. I will try my best to get some rest tonight. I still need to eat my snack and clean up a bit before bed tonight. Talk to you all in my morning. Good night. 🙂

Seaborngirl 11 years ago

Goodmorning my sailing buddies….
just a quick read through this morning (hahhaha) as I am spending time with my man (the weekend and he is home from work) and going out for a bit…so struggling to get the food in and talk, and get myself ready to go out with our little local family.
Anna, you gorgeous girl…read your story…I can identify with you in so many areas. Not a military girl, but suffered as a child between 4 and 9, and like you I was on a mission to make myself unattractive. Sort of a protective techinique, but not a good one…heheh! I learned that we are what we are, and after years of drinking (from childhood) and other things that come with the territory, My marriage was a mess, and I turned to God, and my life changed overnight. I was free and the pain dissappeared…the scars are there of course. I forgave my assailant, but haven’t excused what he did…forgiving is not about forgetting…just taking the load off yourself. Anyway, my husband and I have both put our faith in Jesus Christ 30 years ago, and we live by His Word now. It is never perfect, but we have changed, and will continue to until the day we leave this world.
I agree with Jackiee…you are still beautiful girl. And I hope you got some sleep last night. I was in bed at 8.30!!! Amazing!!! Don’t get much, usually in bed about midnight! But last night I couldn’t stay awake…the night before I slept with wires and things all over me while I did my sleep test, so I obviously didn’t get much sleep.
Welcome aboard Jewel from Alberta Canada….and any others that have joined us over the past couple of days.
Good on you Harbourview and any others who have lost some weight. Dawn,I have had a couple of days like yours and I am assuming the weekend will be like it too…a bit hard with others around. Yesterday some old friends were driving up the highway and dropped in on us…so I didn’t get all my food in!!! Was lovely to catch up with them of course.
DawnHeffley…thanks for that water recipe….gonna give it a go, but sway grapefruit with lemon, and tangerine with maybe orange or just lemon. My husband is finding it hard to drink just water!!!
Anyway, must go…
Happy sailing today everyone…Bev.

CHIA 11 years ago

annaleeramos: Of course your story hasn’t scared anyone away 🙂 We all have our stories. Lots of love and strength to use this program to your benefit with great results! I have had my problems too, and some of them many years ago, also made me not want to be attractive to boys when I was young and men when I got older. It just caused jealousy, even though I could be trusted. I guess it was the insecurity in the men that caused them to be jealous. I think that even though I am happily married to my second husband who is not jealous like my first husband, I still have that feeling underneath that I won’t be bothered if I don’t look very attractive. Wish I could get over it 🙂 I’d love to look like I used to 🙂

jackiee 11 years ago

Good to see you Misfit. Anna, yet another brave lady, as dawnroise said before we all have our own stories and reasons for being here, I’m not scared one bit, just touched you have been brave enough to share your story, the more we know the more we understand each others personnal journey, and well done with 10 years on the wagon, if you can do that you really can do anything. I wouldn’t know where to start on my story, but I can relate to you suffering MST and PTSD, especially the wanting to make yourself unattractive part, but go girl, love the fact your turning it around now and I believe everyone here will be routing for you on this cruise. Oh and by the way, trying to eat yourself bigger to be unattractive didn’t work, you look stunning in your picture. I used Angel meditation to help me get back on track and feel good to be me again. How did today go for you then?

Hello all. Just to make things a bit easier on you all, my name is Anna. I have not told my story and since we are all a pretty tight knit cruise ship, I don’t mind telling. My name is Anna Lee Ramos. I am 30 and a mother of 3. I am an ARMY veteran and my weight when I started was 298 lbs. I am now 288 lbs. This is Day 5 for me and really like it. My body has been through a lot of pain due to degenerative arthritis. I take a load of meds for it as well as all my other overweight problems. I have problems with my back and right side, due to accidents in and out of the military. Unknown amounts of physical therapy and an alcoholic, clean for going on ten years. I have MST (Military Sexual trauma) And PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) from the MST. I have terrible night terrors from it and I went from using alcohol being my crutch to food. I guess for a long time, I wanted to make myself unattractive so that I wouldn’t get hurt again. The only problem with that is that my body does not appreciate it. LOL I guess I am at that point in life where I want control of my thoughts and emotions back. I will no longer allow my assailants in the past win any longer. This is my mind, my body, and my love for myself. So there is my story and I hope I didn’t scare any one. Love you all. Anna

misfit2013 11 years ago

Thanks Jackiee:)

jackiee 11 years ago

In the top right header click on your username and you will get into the edit profile page. Click on the photo and you have two options try down load direct to the site, if this doesn’t work for you, you could then register with GRAVATAR, add a picture there and it should then appear on this wedsite next time you log-in. Hope this helps

misfit2013 11 years ago

Does anyone know how to add a profile picture to this site?

Viewing 15 posts - 3,646 through 3,660 (of 3,995 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.