Viewing 15 posts - 3,631 through 3,645 (of 3,995 total)
dleerogers 11 years ago

Thank you Doryss your comment was helpful. I didn’t realize I could go back and change the menu. I guess I’ll learn as soon as I start using the website. I got on the treadmill today for the first time in four months. Yay! I think with the encouragement from people on this site, I will be stay on this plan. Thanks for listening all! and Good Luck 2013 is going to OUR year. It’s time to put ourselves before everyone else.

nanbreslin 11 years ago

I am learning these new foods and sometime get confused. Today I purchased Almond Meal Flour to make the skillet brownies. For some reason they did not come out right. Now I am wondering if Almond Meal Flour is different than Almond Flour.

Doryssb 11 years ago

Hi Donna, Welcome to the club! I went through the same thing when I set my first menu, because I had checked everything I liked and everything I was willing to try. I wound up going back in and unchecking alot of the things I didn’t have on hand and produced a new menu. We had mostly healthy foods at home but a lot of the grains I had never tried. I now love couscous! If you do this you won’t have to make a huge shopping trip and will be able to empty your pantry and fridge out in the first week or so then add in more things to replace those as you make new menus. Hope that helps.
I have been loving this plan. I had always had a hard time figuring out how to combine what and the menu generator does that for you, at least until I retrain my brain 😉
Have fun with it,
Doryss

jackiee 11 years ago

aww thats excellent Sue Ellen enjoy your new healthier eating plan, hope it soothes the after affects. Enjoy your scarf knitting. I’m off to bed…so goodnight all…or good morning…or good afternoon depending where you all are…happy healthy eating.

camplaffalot 11 years ago

Hello my fellow cruisers! I went to my little health food store today and they were so excited to hear about the Trim Down Club! Bought some goodies and officially started eating really healthy at lunch today.

My health food ladies are VERY knowledgeable and guided my buying decisions thoughtfully. They did introduce me to Krunchie Veggies in a bag, and I became addicted immediately! I’m really enjoying the cruise, the gentle support, and the international flavor of this forum.

Back to knitting Dragon Skins now……

Hugs,
Mary Ellen

jackiee 11 years ago

Hi Diana, you sure have a lot of reading to do but it’s worth it. Good to see you on board and hope you enjoy this healthy lifestyle change or as your get to know we’re calling a cruise. The people on here are very helpful so if you have any questions or need encouragement, just chat away. Good luck.

dleerogers 11 years ago

Hello, I just joined this minute and am looking over my menu I made and feel a little overwhelmed. I’m not sure I can fit all these new ingredients in my cabinets and fridgerator. lol I am hoping that I may incorporate these meals for my whole family as my kids are very health conscience and my daughter is a vegitarian. I hope to get to know everyone soon and read more about everyone losing weight. I have type II diabetes and definatey overweight and this is my last choice. I have to do this and get my life back. Thanks for listening. Donna

jackiee 11 years ago

Hi Marleysmom, happy to see you on board and happy with the menu’s, good luck with your personnal goal. Well done Anna, glad you reached your target on the bike. I was meant to get out today while my hubby babysat but we changed plans and only got a brisk 10min walk, however not sure if playing frog jumps for 15 mintues and then doing the yoga moves on my wee girls counts as excercise or lots of fun!!!

Marleysmom 11 years ago

Hello everyone, I am excited as I begin this program. I have at least 8 different diet books on my shelves that were diets that I could not continue because they did not fit my life style. I took my time researching this one before jumping in, and am very impressed with what I’ve read and learned. I am not feeling hungry or anxious—-just relaxed and content! It is 55 degrees here in Michigan today and Marley and Me went for a long walk along the Grand River this morning and enjoyed every minute of it. Love the food available for this program as it is what I like to eat, instead of everything that makes me want to throw up as soon as I put it in my mouth. Can’t wait to see my results in four weeks from now.

annaleeramos 11 years ago

Hello everyone. Happy weekend to you all. And yes jackiee, I am having a great weekend. I went out for my bike ride today and was able to do the whole 30 minutes. Any who. I’m off to shop for this weeks menu. take care all and Healthy eating.:)

jackiee 11 years ago

Hi all, hope your all have a nice weekend. Thanks for the links Anna, very interesting reading. Hope you find alternatives that you suit. I have been sticking to just porridge at breakfast, rye crispbreads. Then i swap my other cards for beans (haricot, blackeye, chick peas) and green. I have lost another 1\2 kilo, which I’m supprised at since I was naughty and made pizza last night, all be it nearly everyone that goes on the pizza we grow ourselves.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Seaborn. You don’t have to eat any of those foods that don’t settle well with you. You can choose the low-carb recipes at breakfast, and beans and vegetables instead at lunch and dinner, and fruits for snacks.

dawnrosie 11 years ago

aawwhh thank you Barkingmad xxx

barkingmad 11 years ago

to the lady who is moving, its a very stressfull thing to be doing, take five minutes and put your feet up, and hang on in there, it won’t all stop if you take a break… look after youraelf, you’ll feel better for it

barkingmad 11 years ago

the water is a difficult one isn’t it, I’ve taken to leaving a glass full of water on the table so its there to see, and thenit reminds me i need to drink it. once I’ve drunk it I fill it AGAIN AND LEAVE IT THERE TILL i NEXT GO TO THE TABLE OR SEE IT, i FIND IT HELPS IF ITS IN SIGHT, SORR Y ABOUT THE CAPS,not a very good typist

Viewing 15 posts - 3,631 through 3,645 (of 3,995 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.