Viewing 15 posts - 3,616 through 3,630 (of 3,995 total)
misfit2013 11 years ago

LOL, that last message was for you Anna 🙂

misfit2013 11 years ago

Thanks for the help and glad to meet you. Good luck in all your struggles. It’s nice to have people around that will help you with answers and motivate you to try to get where we want to be.
carol aka Misfit2013

dawnrosie 11 years ago

Hi Anna,
yes of course you must have a piece of Birthday Cake! Id suggest a small slice and knock off one of your more sweet desert items lol, enjoy the day x

annaleeramos 11 years ago

Great Job Bev. I am so cheering for you. I have not weight today, and don’t want to do so till Monday morning. It is going to be 23 degrees Fahrenheit. I don’t think I am going to go out for a ride on my bike in that. I will look up some exercises that my bones can take for tomorrow. I had a great breakfast with the coco banana pancakes and 1/4 cup of greek yogurt. mmmmm…. Twas good. Have a great day everyone, and I will read all later. Oh. Today is my daughters birthday, and was wondering if it would be ok to partake in a small portion of birth day cake and if I need to replace something in my meal because of it. Thank you. Anna

Rebeccadors 11 years ago

I joined 3 days ago, taking the bull by the horns. I have to loose weight for an operation in 12 weeks. My blood pressure was a little higher than the gp wanted, but not enough for medication. I have read up on the net of the sort of gentle activities I can do, but also the healthy eating. This plan meets all of my requirements , so far a whooping 5 lb lost. I couldn’t be more pleased.
Yes it’s confusing but take a day at a time, I have downloaded all the information, and the mp3 version. The more I listen and read, the more I understand.

Feef 11 years ago

Hello all!! I have just joined ten minutes ago!! and I am looking forward to a brand new, happier, healthier me!! Fiona. 🙂

darlisa 11 years ago

Good morning, I joined 1/12/13 and have been reading over the material. I find it overwhelmed as well, but determine to give it a try. I am looking forward to this week as I start my food menu.

nanbreslin 11 years ago

Thank you Purpleskye. I appreciate the help. I am a breast cancer survivor. My husband and I made a commitment to eat healthy starting the New Year 2013. It is a challenge when you are learning about new foods and a new way of eating. I am glad I found Trim Down Club and the community to help us along a healthier path.
Thanks again and Happy Healthy New Year…..
Nancy

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Absolutely – any type of fish is a good protein. Remember: 1 oz is an exchange, just as it is for chicken and beef. A reasonable portion is 3-4 oz, about the size of a deck of playing cards (after cooking).

lmgslvr 11 years ago

Hi. I am enjoying the challenges of these new (to me) recipes. Now I am wondering if I can substitute a simple grilled fish such as sword fish, haddock or shrimp for a dinner protein. I haven’t seen anything except tilapia and flounder on the list.

Seaborngirl 11 years ago

Thanks Ossie…getting it sorted.
I have lost 3lbs…yay!!!! 1.3 kilos! Nearly twice as much as my little granddaughter weighed at birth!!!! Haha….Now to keep the momentum going! That will be the hard part!
Hope you are all sailing well today…Bev.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Yes, you can add 1-2 tsp of something like light cream cheese if it does not appear on your menu. It is built into the menu that a few spreads/condiments will be added here and there.

purpleskye 11 years ago

hi NANBRESLIN…i am a coeliacs..and almond meal is much corser then almond flour..that might explain why your gluten free cookies didnt work…love and light.

cntwall 11 years ago

I have a question for anyone, does anyone know if you can take ingredients in your menu and add something small to it without repercussions from it? For example my menu has a bagel but with no option of putting cream cheese on it, bagel with no spread doesn’t sound very good and when i went to try and exchange it so I could have the bagel with a spread there was no option

Doryssb 11 years ago

Also, once it generates a menu for you, each item will have a little symbol (looks like a refresh button) to the side of it. You can click on that and it will off substitutes for that particular item. Sometimes the combinations seem a little weird and that button comes in handy 😉
Happy 2013 to you too.

Viewing 15 posts - 3,616 through 3,630 (of 3,995 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.