Viewing 15 posts - 3,601 through 3,615 (of 3,995 total)
Seaborngirl 11 years ago

Chia, I don’t know a lot about this stuff, but I do know about dehydration. Have you actually spoken to your Dr about how much dehydration you go through? If not, maybe you need to check it out….something is out of balance I think! Hope you can get it sorted love.

annaleeramos 11 years ago

Hello everyone. I hope you all had a blesses weekend. My daughter is now 11. We had hamburgers for lunch from the menu and they were a hit. No one had any complaints and had the left overs for dinner. And yes. I had me a small slice of cake with the family but my stomach said no way. I could not keep it down. Not sure if it was that my body has gotten used to all the new food and noticed that the cake was not what it needs. Any ways. I don’t think I need to worry about raiding the fridge for any birthday cake. LOL. Will take my coco banana pancakes anytime over it. Yeah. My brain appreciates what I have been doing. Hi Seaborn. I love to read what you have to say. You are such a positive person and I like that. Every one is losing weight. This is what its all about. Keep up the good work everyone. Anna 🙂

CHIA 11 years ago

Doryssb: Even though I am drinking a lot of water, I am still getting dehydrated, because I am passing water all the time. I know that the ATKINS DIET can do this too, and it can be dangerous to get dehydrated. I’m wondering if this diet is taken from the ATKINS diet? People have died on the ATKINS DIET. It’s not safe at all.

Doryssb 11 years ago

Hi CHIA,
Are you saying that you are getting dehydrated because you’re drinking the 8-10 glasses of water? I’m just not sure I was understanding your post and didn’t know if you meant in the past.
Have you been following the menu and eating everything on it?

CHIA 11 years ago

Thanks Bev, but I don’t like coconut in water or most drinks. 🙂

Seaborngirl 11 years ago

I read about coconut water powder this morning, and it may be something you could look at…I just googled coconut CHIA. Not good that you are feeling like that…hope you find what you need….Bev.

CHIA 11 years ago

NEED SOME HELP? IS THIS DIET THE SAME AS THE ATKINS DIET? I drink 8-10 glasses of water and it almost goes through me right away with each glass. I have gotten dehydrated and have been light-headed, weak, and feel fluish. That can be dangerous! That’s how I always get with dehydration. I started the diet on Jan 7, 2013, and yesterday I had lost 8 lbs (mostly fluids). Are there any foods/drinks that replace the electrolytes and nutrients that we lose when we pass the water from our body? I had to buy several bottles of SMART WATER that has electrolytes and other nutrients in it, but it is $3 per bottle. I should NOT have to do that with any diet. HELP PLEASE! 🙂

camplaffalot 11 years ago

Another quinoa tip: Make extra quinoa, plain or in broth or spiced up, and put it cold in your green salads with other veggies and a vinaigrette. It’s yummy, and a great protein boost! I just love quinoa.

mandarama 11 years ago

Quick update on UK SWG foray, as promised.

The SWG flour was delivered on Thursday, but I was away for the weekend. I’ve therefore only just attempted my first recipe. As you’ll have guessed, other ingredients were unknown so I’ve had to make substitutes.

I used 2 measures SWG flour; 1 measure organic half-fat milk; a half sachet dried yeast; one teaspoon of honey and two of black treacle (molasses), as a blind substitution for ‘coconut sugar’ to feed the yeast.

I halved the recipe, as it’s only me eating it, to make 8 servings.

The whole thing was very sticky and took 1.5 hours on 160 degrees! The consistency is very moist: like ginger cake but with a breadlike crust. The flavour is good and nutty and went well with haricot bean, tomato and spinach soup. It would also be good with cheeses. (I may add a handful of steelcut oats to my next batch, to counteract the stickiness. Oh, and perhaps some ginger!)

This will last me through until Tuesday night, but then I’ll have a go at some pancakes, to use as wraps, and some dumplings to add to a new batch of soup.

I’ll post an update when that’s done.

BTW total cost about 20p a slice.

karinhoffman 11 years ago

Ayron,
I cook my Quinoa in fat free chicken broth and add ground spices like rosemary, oregano, or thyme even lemon and ginger. If you want a spicier one, add cumin, garlic and cayenne.
Karin

cntwall 11 years ago

Thanks Ossie, I am going to give it a try. Seems like alot of food to eat though. I am currently counting calories using the Fitness Pal App so I am afraid that I will gain weight eating so many calories a day but maybe it just seems like alot and it won’t be alot of calories.

percivals 11 years ago

Thanks Maddi
I will keep at it..glad this can happen..I will report back after another week..keeping my fingers crossed :)Steph

maddistealfox 11 years ago

Steph….keep going …i put on three pounds the first week.
It is probably because you have been on a low calorie intake and the bady is hanging on to the extra food you now need to eat in order to increase your metabolism. 🙂

Pixiedraku 11 years ago

Hello,

I just joined about a week ago. I have a quick question. Does anyone have a suggestion for something to put on cooked quinoa? My menus often come up with a cup or so of cooked quinoa since I am a celiac so have limited options for grains to some extent. I like it but plain is rather boring when eating it often:) Any suggestions?

Thanks! Ayron

percivals 11 years ago

Not sure what I am doing wrong…lost 1.5 lbs after 4 days and waited another 8 days to weigh myself and I was back to my original weight. I have followed the plan for the most part and have cut most carb portions in half. I have about 12 pounds to lose, so is it harder to lose the last 10 lbs? I must say that I do feel great! Steph

Viewing 15 posts - 3,601 through 3,615 (of 3,995 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.