Viewing 15 posts - 3,586 through 3,600 (of 3,995 total)
vmanley1 11 years ago

So I did as it said and put in all of the foods that I would eat.Then I look at the menu’s for me and they have put some wierd things together to eat. Now I know I can refresh and interchange things BUT that is a pain.I want and need this part to be easy .I think I should go in and change everything to only a few foods so I don’t have to do that.If I missed it shame on me BUT what I need is the ratio of carbs to protien to fruit/veg.etc can anyone tell me that. Then I will make up my own menue. When I commit to something I commit (when I’m good I’m good).

CHIA 11 years ago

OSSIE: THANKS FOR YOUR INFO! The frequent urination only started after I started the diet. I only drink water now since tea gives me heartburn.
We do have a water purifier so maybe most of the nutrients are taken out of the water too. I don’t think I’ drinking enough water. BUT, if I drink 8-10 glasses water and turn around and pass it almost as soon as I get done drinking it, is that bad? My sugars have been fine. I am only eating the foods and amounts from the daily Trim Down Diet that I print off. I don’t add foods. Sometimes I do eat before 2 hours in between meals because of my schedule and trying to get all 6 meals in. This morning I talked to the hospital nutritionist and she said it sound like I am dehydrated and that causes cramps. I asked what electrolytes are made up of and she said, sodium, calcium, potassium and magnesium. I didn’t know about the calcium or magnesium. I haven’t been taking my calcium lately – only because I take several other pills and get tired of taking so many and my calcium is large – UGH! I have started again though! My doctor is working me in on Jan. 29, at 5:00 pm. I plan to take the SMART WATER for a while, and maybe get a daily Multi-Vit. Do you know of any REAL Good ones? I know some don’t use as good of ingredients as others do. Do you know anything about Nature Made, or a Women’s Daily Multi Vit, or One-A-Day Vits? My Calcium is Citrate.

jackiee 11 years ago

Hi Ccaron, I used the end pages from the ‘Food Shopping – the Proper Way’ download. It is still a lot of work to start with but does get easier. I had to choose basic food items from the menu list to start, but found having food list quite useful when looking for alternatives. I think someone else said they done a spreadsheet to help, which is time consuming to start with but helps in the long run. Good luck with your shopping list and healthy eating plan

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Chia. I’m posting my response here because it is good for people to know – I’m sure there are plenty of borderline diabetics here.
First, do you have a way to check your blood sugars? The excessive urination sounds a like your sugars may be quite high. If this is so, in addition to drinking enough water – and preferably only water – try to ensure that all your carbs are high in fiber, and that you don’t skimp on proteins. Instead of three large meals and 3 small meals, spread out the items more so that all six meals are about the same size, and no less than 2 hours apart.
As for the leg-cramps, you are probably losing quite a bit of minerals in your urine – be sure you get enough electrolytes, particularly magnesium and calcium in this case. It may warrant supplements (i.e., calcium and magnesium citrate) until you can get a solid medical evaluation of what is going on with you – and be sure to take them before bed.
Please do get an appointment with someone as soon as possible. When you get the evaluation, let us know, and we’ll work through it.

CHIA 11 years ago

OSSIE — Thanks for your concern! I am what you call boarderline diabetic, but NOT on meds for it. I am going to try to talk to a local nutritionist if there is one. Will be calling after I post this. Are you a nutritionist? Very early this morning, while asleep in bed, I had the worst leg cramps ever in my life. Don’t know if these are from dehydration or not. They were in both legs, from about below my hips down to behind my knees. They lasted at least 15 minutes. I was crying out to God for help – could hardly stand up but laying down was worse. I do have terrible “charlie horse” cramps sometimes, but these were 100 times worse. My husband tried to rub both legs and then I had him rub my lower back because I do have spinal stenosis and didn’t know if the pain was from that. I pray I never have that again! If you know anything about any of this, yes, I would appreciate you help 🙂 You can also e-mail me personally at chia70@cloudburst9.net If I talk to a nutritionist, I will post what I find out. I e-mailed TRIM DOWN DIET with my same question, but they just e-mailed back for me to post on one of the formums. I thought they should know about dehydration and if all the fluid we are losing, could cause this problem. I have not heard anything from whoever they call their “professionals”. I can’t get an appt with my primary medical physician until Jan 29th.

ccaron 11 years ago

I have made my recipe list and now looking for the shopping list….is there a shopping list to go with our choices of recipes?…if not, it is very daunting

jackiee 11 years ago

oops kamut even!

jackiee 11 years ago

Thanks Ossie, that’s Kumat flour on the next shopping list 🙂

Hi, Chia. No, this diet is not like Atkins – it is much more balanced. Are you, by any chance, a diabetic or have diabetes in your family? Taking any medications of any kind? I would would be happy to try to work through your situation here, but also highly suggest you consult with a healthcare professional.

Kamut flour is excellent for baking.

jackiee 11 years ago

Opps, Sorry Anna forgot to say, glad to hear the hamburgers went down a treat at your daughters birthday party, and maybe it’s a blessing you didn’t like the cake! I’m away to hunt down the burger receipe and get it added to my meal plan as my wee girl loves making burgers with me, thanks. Did you manage your bike ride today or are you still having to give it a miss for a bit?

jackiee 11 years ago

Hi All, hope your are all well. I’v e enjoyed catching up on reading all the posting over the last few days. Don’t laugh but I have finally found wholegrain bread in my loacal town, and stevia!!! along with another few items I’ve been hunting down. The shelves at the supermarket are starting to store healthier option 🙂 I know this might seem trival but I have to translate a lot of items in italian then find them so when I find something it feel great. The wholegrain bread rolls gave me a laugh today. It called Centro Anni Panni translated that means 100 year old bread, when I asked for it everyone in the bakery looked at me! then I asked the lady if it was fresh! that got a few locals laughing, and checking out what the rolls were, since there tucked away round the corner at the bottom shelf. Even the baker came out to chat, I tried dicribing SWG bread\flour but no luck. Chia I agree with Seaborn, I think you should be checking with your doctor about dehydrating, better safe than sorry. Bev, Hope you had a good time with you friends at the weekend and you manage to get your car fixed soon. Camplaffalot & Ayron, thanks for the suggestions for quinoa, its the next thing I’m going to try track down here. Hows the moving going Dawnrose, are you managing a little extra eating? Mandrama, would you be able to share the link for when you got your SWG flour, maybe I could get some here. Thanks again everyone for the get tips and if anyone can help I have a question. If kamut flour any good for baking as that a new one that arrived on the shelves here to?

dawnrosie 11 years ago

Tescos, are doing a Live healthy foods chat right now, https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=464255660300237&set=a.464255650300238.109717.112463368812803&type=1&theater

Carreenia 11 years ago

Hello y’all …. From Houston Texas. It’s day number 4 for me… This cruise I’m on with y’all….seems to be working … Just wanted to say hello and wishing all you wonderful people a fabulous morning, afternoon , or evening…

Seaborngirl 11 years ago

Hiya Anna….thanks for the lovely words honey. I am pleased the hamburgers went well for your daughters birthday party….and you couldn’t eat the cake!!! Hahahha…that is so funny! Never mind…not what you need at this time hey? I have my two youngest grandkids with me today. I was all prepared to start my morning walk today, but our car stopped yesterday…got to get it to a mechanic, but they are all too busy at present. So my daughter has loaned me her car to do what I have to do today, and so I took Joe and Stephi and their scooters down with me for the walk…that way Mum can get some work done…Yay….was way too hot (noon), but I got a good 15 minutes in, and then helped the kids on the flying-fox at the park. Watching Madagascar 2 now…while I get some work done….and eat!!!
Camplaffalot…not sure that I could say I love quinoa, but I tried it for lunch today. I was going to have it with my chicken, but a fly got into it, and I swapped it for a sardine!!! Mixed it into the quinoa with some chilli, ginger, and a small bit of grated cheese…really couldn’t eat it too often like that!!! I will have to try cooking it in the chicken stock I reckon, and soy sauce and some asian flavours maybe. I will let you know how that goes everyone!

Viewing 15 posts - 3,586 through 3,600 (of 3,995 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.