Viewing 15 posts - 3,556 through 3,570 (of 3,995 total)
CHIA 11 years ago

OSSIE — ARE YOU PART OF THE TRIM DOWN DIET TEAM? After reading one of your answers to someone, it sounded like you are.

jackiee 11 years ago

Hope your feeling better soon Barbara

BarbaraMW 11 years ago

Day 2…..I am not well! I cannot eat all the food on the menu, I have such a sore throat. Will it matter or shall I just eat what I can until I am feeling better. There, I have basically answered my own question!

jackiee 11 years ago

polyann, hope you get back to normal quickly. Your health is more important than this plan, so go easy. There’s plenty of time to get started and lots of us here to encourage you when your better. My daughter had a sickness bug last week, small potions of banana and rice became her diet and helped a lot. The bug tried to get me at the new year but I spent a day of sipping flat (without gas) coka cola, strange remedy I know, but all my friends and family use it now after my brother was recommended it from 2 different top cancer doctors in Cambridge area. It helped him after chemo treatments to settle the sickness. So all my family and friends that know about it, swear by it know, stange but proven true!!! Bet Ossie wont agree with this suggest though (sorry Ossie)

jackiee 11 years ago

lol, Seaborn, I bet you wouldn’t believe me if I told you I can hardly get a word in when chatting to my sister!!! I laughed at the take the cake – in the uk they say ‘take the biscuit’ who saying change worldwide. Glad you seem to be hurrying the car repairs along. Hope you have sweet dream, god bless ….AND REMEMBER YOUR KEYS IN THE MORNING 😀

Seaborngirl 11 years ago

Pollyann…that is not the way you want to lose weight. Sounds like you have had a terrible time…I pray you get over that horrible virus quickly…

Seaborngirl 11 years ago

Evening all you Cruisin’ Foodies…
Dawn, glad you got another car, even if it was an “old new one”..lol. They had to order a new alternator from the city 90 mins away…so should be here tomorrow or Thursday. The owner of the establishment told me on the phone that the mechanic “might be able to slip it in”…meaning put our car ahead of some others….haha!!! I don’t want them to do that, but I reckon they think I am a single old bird, a poor old white-haired lady who needs to be looked after!!! Very funny! I guess I achieved something today Jackiee!
Anyway, glad you got a laugh at my story about little Joe Jackiee….My daughter and son-in-law had a good laugh too, after Tara’s shock when I told them I was standing beside her at 7.30am watching her sleeping in their little girl’s bed…that freaked her out realising someone was standing right there and she didn’t know!!! We had a storm during the night and Stephi got scared and kept waking her up, so she left her in her bed, and got into her bed!!!
Rebeccadors…what Jackiee said is right…I have put some on too, but I guess if we only weighed ourselves once a week we wouldn’t have noticed!!! Don’t let it pull you down love…keep cruising!
Golly Jackiee, you must live in a small village! Sounds like my kind of place…lovely…I can just see you bouncing through the little alleyways chatting to everyone! My nickname as a child was “chatterbox”, and as a teenager I was “havachat”…but I reckon you would win over me anytime girl! Little Joe and another grandson are very like I was, AND the family make fun of it, but I just tell them it didn’t do me any harm to start up a conversation with anyone, and it won’t do them any harm either. I learned a lot from it!!! Haha. But Jackiee you take the cake love. Don’t change…as if you could!!!
And it wasn’t “twat” love…it was me who was going walking with my camera starting Monday at 7am…but the car problem changed all that! Never mind, I did get a walk in both days regardless!
So I will say goodnight…buona notte, buenas noches, gute nacht, bonsoir…whatever your language is…catch you on the waves in the morning…Bev.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Quorn is not in the Menu Planner, but we can add it. In the meantime, seitan is the closest approximation, so you can tick that and use whichever you like.

Regarding raw dairy questions – this is a link to our online article explaining all about it: https://www.trimdownclub.com/all-about-raw-milk
“Grass-fed” items are literally from animals who were allowed to graze on grass, and are more often than not free-range. This is an advantage because the nutritional value of grass is often higher than hay – which is transferred to the meat and eggs – and the animal is often leaner, which means less fat and saturated fat for you.

Hi, AnneMarie. Yes to all of your questions, except – regarding your husband, there would be a different menu pattern for him, because of his gender and of course weight and height. However, if he is satisfied with what you’re doing, then just monitor his “belly” to see if it helps. Hopefully even just cutting back on certain fats and glycemic index might help.
We don’t really work with calories in this program, just meeting nutritional needs. I can tell you, though, that the caloric levels are very similar to those recommended by the American Diabetes Association. If you find it backfiring, please do post again, and we will work through it.

pollyann 11 years ago

Hi newbies, Since my last posting on here I have had the dreaded novo virus and have dropped 7 lbs in weight, but not in a healthy way. I still have moments were I feel really sickly and one thing this plan does right is to encourage you to eat little and often. This is helping my stomach to settle. Not really started the plan cant think about it yet untill my tum settles down again. I will find it hard to drink so much water as I am on duiretics and dont fancy spending all day in the bathroom ha ha. Going to take another look at the menu planner at the weekend and take things from there. Hi Patty thank you for your reply to my posting. I actually meant I couldn’t find quorn on the menue planner, but on reading your reply I will take another look I must have missed it somewhere, unless it’s called by another name.

jackiee 11 years ago

Hi Donna, if you look under FAQ’s on the bottom toolbar your find a link all about ‘Raw Milk ect lots of reading, hope you can speed read. But it’s basicallly milk that not been heat-pasteurized. But if in doubt organic milk is a good second option. I can’t get raw milk or cheese here yet but have been using organic milk and foods as a substitute. Let us all know how you get on.

jackiee 11 years ago

PHEW!!! that walk got me sweating and rosy faced. Managed 3 times round my wee village, 1st lap 17 mins – 2nd lap 27 mins – 3rd lap 15 mins. A friendly neighbour stopped me on my way round and asked if I wanted to pop up for a cuppa! I suggested I help her hang out the rest of her washing and she come walking with me before going to work 😉 it worked. So now have a walking buddy for tomorrow morning 😀 Now got to call my friend with the dogs see what program I can arrange for her this week. I do think excercise with someone else makes it much more fun. That’s the snack eaten, slowly while typing, off again to get my ironing dance done!!! then going to get kamut flour and my 100 year old roll! Glad you had your walk this morning Seaborn, did you remember your camera or am I mixing you up with someone else. I remember someone said they were starting walking Monday with a camera, if it’s not you Seaborn then oops sorry and hope whoever it is managed it but glad you also had a walk Seaborn. And if it is you Seaborn then sorry for waffling a load of twat! Have you eaten yet Dawnrose? blueberry cake for breakfast even ;-D Hope you manage to get your system sorted Anna and if you have time could you help me with the burger receipe as can’t find on the receipes page. How you getting on Camplaffalot? is the healthier eating helping you and how many scarves have you knitted this week? To all you other lovely ladies and gents, hows the healthy eating going and has anyone any new stories of achievement. Love hearing when someone achieves something new, be it, trying out the receipes, getting to grips with this program, new excercise routine, losing weight or other things (like broken cars, scaring the grandkids!). Its all lovely reading material at night! happy healthy eating day everyone 😀

jackiee 11 years ago

Good idea LynnM, I’ve not had problems updating as of yet Anna, but I use firefox. You should contact the team about this though. I know what you mean about this site Dawnrosie, it always opens on you talking about cappucino. But well done on eating more, even if it’s homemade blueberry cake. Although I’m not trying to push you MUCH but how about some salmon or sardines on the toast today! and adding more fruit along side the blueberry cake, maybe fit in a banana! Thanks Seaborn, such sweet words and ditto. Car bother is a nightmare, them and wahingmachines, turn our worlds upside down when they breakdown. Glad you grandson was awake today to help you get ion you house too, that really made me laugh. Right need to go on school run and do my walk, have a good healthy eating day all

jackiee 11 years ago

Hi Anne Marie, you are allowed to change items on your menu list, hit the refresh button at the end of the item and a list appears of alternatives. I’m forever refreshing for something different. Sorry don’t know about calorie counts as I hate counting calories but I think the menu your given is based on your weight, height ratio ect. Good luck.

Viewing 15 posts - 3,556 through 3,570 (of 3,995 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.