Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 595 total)
Aradams2002 5 years ago

I am a 66 yr old woman who has had diabetes for over 20 yrs and I have been non compliant every day. My a1c is generally 9.5 up to 11+. I have been to dieticians several times but I zoned out before I left the room. I am not ever going to eat tofu…salmon…or a big bowl of lettuce. However started this program 6 weeks ago, went to diabetic dr yesterday a1c 7.1! He reduced my insulin and I lost 13 lbs. How can anyone find fault with an eating plan that can do that while eating the foods you like and are accustomed to. Thank you so much.

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, Graciela2. That’s wonderful to read! We wish you continued success, and are happy to help however we can.

Graciela2 5 years ago

Signed up on Monday. Waited till Thursday to start because I wanted to costumise the menu. I cannot stop going to the bathroom. I did not know I was holding so much water. Water retention is a big part of gaining weight. I followed program to a t but it is too much food for me. There is no point in eating a snack if I am not even the least bit hungry. I weighed myself this morning after 3 good days and lost 1.8 lb. yay!!!!!! Tomorrow I will go back to the pool to do laps and water aerobics!

Sandals41 5 years ago

O.S…..thank you SO much! I went there and posted in two topics hoping to see more activity each “day” rather than each week!!

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, Sandals41. At the top of each site page you’ll see a toolbar – hover over “My Activity” (all the way to the right), and scroll down to see “Groups, then select that.

Sandals41 5 years ago

O.S., where would I find “Group Forums?” I’ve clicked on “Live Forums” and the only topics are Nutrition/Diet, Fitness, 60-day Challenge, Diet Water Cooler, (whatever that is) Moms on Diet, and View All Forums.

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, Sandals, and congratulations on your weight loss! As for conversations, try the Group Forums – the most active is a group called “Successful Beginnings.”

Sandals41 5 years ago

Judy, I had to laugh at your question: “Why are there no replies to these questions?” It’s like a ghost town here with so many people signed onto the website! FYI…I thought “I” was getting a recipe book but, it turns out there’s a fee for it so, I logged out of all the added perks!! None of them are free! I signed up for a year and will use the various tools to help my weight loss efforts. I’m also disappointed there aren’t more folks chatting in the forums! It boggles my mind, since it’s such a great way to share struggles and successes! Maybe, if a few of us log in everyday, more of them will follow!

Sandals41 5 years ago

It’s been two weeks since anyone posted a word about their success!
I can fix this!! I signed up with TDC the night before last and in just one day, I’ve lost a pound of unwanted fat! I’m back on track, exercising for an hour each day, and totally focused on losing weight! I paid good money to be here so, I hope I’m not alone! I’d love to see more success stories, big or small! Have a great day from the old cheerleader in N.C.!! 🙂

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, Judy. You will see our “Program Guide” and “Quick Start Guide” in your program downloads, available though the “My Guides” link in the toolbar near the too of each site page. In the “Quick Start Guide,” you will find information out building menus. In our “Tips and Tricks” area, you will find searchable articles about making healthy choices and changes.
If you have specific questions, just post in the related forum, and I will get back to you.

JudyCate 5 years ago

I need some help getting started.

JudyCate 5 years ago

Am just trying to get started. I thought I’d be getting a recipe book . I haven’t so am spending a lot of time copying receipts. I have an iPad not a computer so I can’t just run off a copy..Nothing is clear cut as what to do first. I don’t have set menus etc. Would love to talk to an actual person. Have a lot of questions and no answers. How did everyone else find out how to navigate this diet concept?

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, Kathey. It’s great that you’re in tune with your true hunger signals! We definitely don’t want you to fight those. You can eat a little less – we recommend cutting back on starchy carbs, if that works for you. Just be sure to get a total of 5 fruit/vegetable and 3 calcium-rich food/beverage servings each day.

kathey327 5 years ago

I am almost done with week one and starting or 2 on Monday. I can already see results, but I have trouble eating all the food. I have to eat breakfast at 7am to get my snacks in and sometimes I am not even hungry for lunch. CanI skip a snack now and then? or eat less?

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, Duck, and congratulations!!! We wish you continued success here, and are happy to help however we can.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 595 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.