Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 595 total)
SaraERS 11 years ago

I started looking at the program yesterday. My morning walk was brisk and lasted about an hour. I get some cardio by climbing hills.
I did okay until I was in the supermarket. I bought a sabotaging cookie and nibbled on some naughty pastry food on trays. Lunch and dinner were fine, I ate a .5 fresh veggie salad and a small Quinoa with protein pasta dish.
Wine is a seductive problem for me. I love drinking wine at the end of the day. A year ago I was disciplined enough to not drink wine for one month and lost ten pounds. For many years, I avoided alcohol because I lived on a small budget and could not afford to spend money on non-necessities.

awayagain4 11 years ago

I also wondered what zucchini was and now I know. Thanks for that. I have found Warburton make a wholegrain bread. It’s available in most UK supermarkets. I’m trying to find an alternative for the sweetener that appears in many of the recipes. I’ve been using sucron but I’m not sure if it’s allowed on the diet plan. Where do our English cheeses, such as cheddar, fit in on the list of cheeses on the food list?

Tashpeters 11 years ago

FIGBRAT: grass fed beef is a cow that eats mostly-all grass, not GMO corn like most cows do in this country. You should be able to find this kind of beef at a local butcher shop, but it is quite pricey. My local butcher does a “package” where I can buy a bundle of varied meats from local ranches for a lower price (ends up being more than a grocery store still, but quality is better, without all of the overprocessing and garbage in most grocery meats). Watch the movie FOOD, INC. and I think you might rush to your local butcher shop, but ASK QUESTIONS. They seem to like to talk about where they get the meat from and how it is processed (or brag about how unprocessed it is…). I even found out the exact farm where they get grassfed beef from, so if I was so inclined I could visit the farm and see the conditions the animals are raised in. Hope that helps…

Support 11 years ago

to bigmama61 : you can still eat some junk food once in a while but try to change the way you live and when you are stressed just take few minutes to relax or just a short walk – this is better for me than just eating. believe me, I know what you mean (:

webare 11 years ago

Hi Every one, I’m also new to this. I’m off to the store to see if I can find some afordable options, this is going to be a challenge on a fixed income. I hope we can all get through this together.Big hugs and best wishes for all, Way to go (jamessortwein) “you rock”

porkyrees 11 years ago

Ive only just started and the menu looks daunting but I guess its what goes with what Ive just finished my shopping a lot of vegies and fruit, fish,Hommus, yogurt,I guess we can all beat the meat and vegie syndrome

figbrat 11 years ago

what is grass fed meat?????????? this is one ingredient in the beef stew thats on my menu,,what else can be used for beef……..need a tech on to answer my questions plssssssssss ty

Sherrin 11 years ago

Hi I just started today I’m hoping this works for me and all of you good luck everyone

tsnead 11 years ago

I just started this program as of yesterday. It may take me a few days to see how this all works, so I may be a little slower than others at the weight loss piece.

figbrat 11 years ago

this forum needs some real up dating for instance we need some techs around to help out when we have questions this is what I understood when I joined that this is offered now I see its coming with so many cents a minute…the menu really needs to be made much more simple to use…. 5 eggs for breakfast whats up with this diet plan for me,,,,ugggggggggggg

bigmama61 11 years ago

Hi, just joined December 30th and looking forward to seeing the new me. This will definitely take a little getting used to since I have become a serious junk food junkie especially when I get stressed. I loaded up on fruits and veggies and am going to buckle down. Keep you posted.

to a junk food junkie especially when I am stressed

figbrat 11 years ago

Hello, Happy new Year!!! I just joined today I started my food intake preety good today before I joined the site, so far so good ate soem yogurt,wheat bread with chicken, fruits, raw vegetables and had some soup…hope I did this right,,,but now Hopefully the guideance from the club I will meet my goals…anyone know what swg means I see this is mention in their foods often…..good luck all

Debbie-hanlon 11 years ago

I am starting this diet today after coming back from. Holiday s I hope it’s going to work for me. I looking forward to a fresh new me

Rachboston 11 years ago

Hello everyone and Happy new year,xx I have just joined today but will start the diet propaly on monday when i have been shopping, I have been a non smoker for 2 years now and have put on a lot of weight, i just feel carn be bothered a lot of the time and i am realy hoping this eating plan will work for me, and help increase my energy levels, xxx

vikkivann 11 years ago

Happy New Year all!

I just joined today. I will be off to the supermarket soon to pick up all the fresh veggies, soup fixin’s etc. My biggest problem will be not drinking wine. I love my wine but I love me more!

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 595 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.