Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 272 total)
Ossie-Sharon 2 years ago

Hi, haynat. Sweet fruits are problematic on a keto plan, especially if you want to eat them by themselves. Fruits that are keto-supportive include olives and avocado – yes, you can have about 1/4 cup of slices to tide you over. A more snack-like option would be nuts or seeds, about 1 tablespoon.

haynat 2 years ago

I sometimes still feel hungry after eating can i have a piece of fruit .I am following the keto diet

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, Frandren. Are you physically active?

Frandren 3 years ago

I’ve been eating keto, for 3 months and intermittent fasting for 1. I’ve lost 2 lbs. That’s it. I’m 67 years old, active, and diligent. I feel great, But an not losing. My husband has lost 24 lbs. I’m so frustrated.

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, FionaPotter. Congratulations on your weight loss! We wish you continued success and good health here. With regard to your query, are you concerned about the volume of food that you get in your menus here? Rather than volume, the issue may be that it provides a lot of fiber – it is good for you, but may take your system a while to get used to it. If you feel that you are getting too much food, you can cut back on the starchy carbohydrate foods and see if you feel better – those tend to be the most tiring. You can also adjust your menus overall by changing the weight in your profile to 86 kg, then generating a new menu – that will give you a little less food.

FionaPotter 3 years ago

Hi I have been sticking with the meal plan for 3 weeks and have lost 2 kilos so far which is quite magical, I have been trying for years and not any weight loss had occurred, so this is all good, apart from the fact that I feel extremely tired most of the time, this is sort of new to me.
I am Diabetic 2, steroid induced, in fact the extra 19 kilos stuck to me during the steroid taking period, which I would not mind if I had been eating tons of sweets and cakes drinking gallons of sweet drinks which I did not nor have ever done. So might the tiredness be connected with the volume of food, just wondered.

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, d56green. The system automatically makes the calculations for you, including for the swaps through the edit tool, so no worries there.
Many of our recipes can be added using the edit tool to the right of a menu item. For newer recipes that have not yet been added into the system, you can use them to substitute for the main ingredient in your meal. You can also match up the exchanges visible at the end of each recipe and when you click on “Exchange View” in the toolbar above your menu. It doesn’t need to be a perfect match to work.

d56green 3 years ago

I’m sorry. I hope you can understand what I’m trying to say. It’s kinda hard to put what i’m trying to say into words

d56green 3 years ago

Hi, here I am again, still confused. This is week two for me. I used the same menu for two weeks, and would like to have another menu prepared, however, I would like to have some of the recipes incorporated into my menu, and do not know if or how it can be done. I’m sure I could switch try switching out different foods myself, but I wouldn’t know if what I was switching out would be equal or even close to what I am adding. I don’t know what’s being calculated to make up a days menu, or even just on meal. Please help! So Confused!!

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, d56green. Most of the items in the menus are listed fairly generically to give you the freedom to prepare them as you wish, hopefully using the healthy techniques encouraged in our online guides and exemplified in our recipes. Seasonings like herbs and spices are “free,” and so you can use them liberally without counting them in your menu. Our recipe collection is searchable, and you can use it to get ideas – for example, for pork see here: https://www.trimdownclub.com/recipe/boneless-pork-loin-roast-with-herbed-pepper-rub/.

d56green 3 years ago

This is my first week on this program, and I am sooo confused. I want to make sure I’m cooking the food right. for example, tomorrow is pork loin chop, but it doesn’t say how to cook it, and the seasonings do not include salt, so I’m stumped. No use doing it if I can’t to it right. Am I the only one feeling like this? Sooo confused! Help!

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, SandySandy. That’s wonderful to read!

SandySandy 3 years ago

I do have to say some positive things that i’ve learned this past month.
1. when i eat all day long, i am definitely not hungry when faced with delicious food and can say no.
2. when i eat all day long, i do not crave sugar any more. that’s not to say i won’t enjoy it, but i don’t go looking for it.
3. i am starting – and my stomach is starting – to get used to eating 6 times a day and not feeling hungry at all.
4. even though i’m eating carbohydrates (and i think i’m being allowed way too much) i still feel that i am eating in a much healthier manner than before.
5. i think i am learning to be patient with weight loss and willing to wait for it to happen slowly because i’m not hungry or deprived and feel like a normal person.
5. life is good!

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, SandySandy. Backslides are part of the process, and not tragic. You don’t need to start all over again. Do see if you can do some portion control. You don’t need to be perfect, just try to do a little better than you have done in the past.

SandySandy 3 years ago

Just started week 5. I lost 1 kg. the first month, even though it still goes up and down 200-300 gms. My problem is the holiday this week. Even though i’ll be trying (bought low fat cheeses and cream) I’m still cooking and baking for my family and all that delicious food will be there. My question is how tragic will a downfall be and what will be its impact on my weight loss? Will I need to start all over again?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 272 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.