Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 272 total)
Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Silvana76. Your menu looks great. Is it different than how you usually eat? What sort of physical activity do you do?

Silvana76 4 years ago

Hi Sharon, This is Silvana76.
I joined the program yesterday. Can you please tell me if I made the correct choices? I am pre-diabetic and although I am active every day, already eat healthy, cannot seem to drop an ounce!

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,
Silvana76

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, MommaH. That should be fine, as long as you get all of the proteins and produce (don’t stress about the starchy carbs), and go to bed at least an hour after your last meal/snack. Are you taking anything for your sleep issue?

Silvana76 4 years ago

Hi Sharon,
I just joined the program and I want to make sure I filled it out correctly. I am pre-diabetic, and have been walking 6 days a week for an hour, for almost a year, and have not dropped a pound. I’m really looking forward to starting this program and see my weight come off. I chose non-dairy, low cholesterol and low sugar.

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Cjhall. First, deselect “keto” in the dietary preference area of your profile. Then go your menu and click “New Menu” in the toolbar above it. You will see a low-carbohydrate menu, which you can adjust according to the instructions there. If you have additional questions, please do repost here, and I will get back to you.

Cjhall 4 years ago

I am looking for a low-carb section

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Fabjn1000. That’s great news! Inches are indeed more important than weight. I hope you’re feeling well. We wish you continued success, and are happy to help however we can.

Fabjn1000 4 years ago

I am Loving this plan. I am not seeing the weight drop off in a hurry, but I am seeing inches fall off. I feel great! My husband and 3 sons are changing their habits too. Motivation…hmmm, I think I need to go cloths shopping.

TrimDownClub 5 years ago

Hi, Alphatia. I’m happy to help however I can.
Have you been exercising? If so, did you recently start?
How often are you having trouble accessing the site?
Thanks.

Alphatia 5 years ago

I’m on my 5th week I lost 3 pounds, gain 2, and it doesn’t help that I can acces the sight some of the time. I really like this program but it doesn’t seem to help.

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, Elvira. You enter that information in your profile, which you can access through the “My Activity” link in the toolbar at the top of each site page.

elvira1948 5 years ago

I am 70 years old and I am on my second week. I am trying to find the chart were Iam asked how much I weight and how much I want to lose.

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, DianaMassaro. If you feel it is too much food, you can cut back. It is best to start with the starchy carbohydrate foods such as crackers and English muffins, and preserve the fruits and vegetables, as well as the proteins (especially the ones rich in calcium and omega-3 fats, such as yogurt and salmon).
With regard to exercise, there are options that need not aggravate your back. It is important to try something because losing weight without exercising can weaken your muscles and eventually both make losing weight difficult and worsen the pain. If you have access to a swimming pool, water aerobics can be helpful. In the addition, the following are a couple of ideas:
Lower Body Slim and Toning https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6ZWuV2wh4M
Abs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6wm2pXpUiY&index=1&list=PLcYLl4MTY9oQv–HKsFLgST544prdjBx1

Simple Stretches
Hands:
1. Bring your entire hand in a fist for a couple of seconds.
2. Open your palm and stretch your fingers freely for five seconds.
3. Repeat the same process on the opposite hand.
Feet:
1. Clench or point your foot for a couple of seconds.
2. Flex your foot and stretch your toes freely for five seconds.
3. Repeat the same process on the opposite foot.

Limb Lifts
Arms:
1. Lift one arm as high as you can. If this becomes too difficult, you can rest your upper arm on the bed and lift your elbow instead.
2. Hold up your arm for 10 seconds.
3. Repeat the exercise on the opposite arm.
Legs:
1. Bring your legs together, straight or bent (as able).
2. Slowly lift up left leg; keep as straight as possible.
3. Hold that lift for 10 seconds (as able).
4. Return the leg to its original position.
5. Repeat on the opposite leg.
Belly & Back Boosts
Side Rolls:
1. Lie on your back. Turn to your right and maintain that position for 10 seconds. Get help as needed to position your limbs for comfort.
2. Roll onto your back again. Maintain for 10 seconds.
3. Turn to your left. Maintain for another 10 seconds.
4. Repeat process several times as tolerated.
Tummy Tucks:
1. Start on your back with your legs stretch forward.
2. Place your palm on your stomach.
3. Inhale to tighten your stomach by “pulling” it towards your spine. Hold for 10 seconds.
4. Repeat as tolerated, switching palms each time.

Squeeze & Strengthen
Thighs:
1. Lie on your back with your legs slightly apart.
2. Put a soft, long pillow in a lengthwise position between your knees.
3. Squeeze the pillow with your knees and hold for 10 seconds.
4. Release the squeeze and rest for 10 seconds.
5. You can repeat up to 10 times as comfortable.
Butt/Glutes:
1. Lie on your back with legs slightly apart.
2. Clench your right butt muscle (glute).
3. Hold this for 5 seconds. Rest for 10 seconds.
4. Repeat on your left glute.
5. You can repeat up to 10 times as comfortable.

DianaMassaro 5 years ago

I am so disappointed. Lost 1.5 lbs 1st week, 1/2 lb second, gained 1 lb 3rd week and now I’m back where I started. 1 drink 10 to 12 glasses of water daily. I feel less bloated, clothes fit the same. I eat almost everything every day. I find it so much food though. I have back trouble and exercise is extremely difficult. Any suggestions? About ready to quit. Please, I need help…

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, Donna (bella). Absolutely!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 272 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.