Viewing 15 posts - 3,511 through 3,525 (of 3,995 total)
r2b2 11 years ago

Hi All,
One thing I forget to mention is CRAMPS.
Is anyone else suffering. Have been keeping hydrated.
What do we do????

r2b2 11 years ago

Hi all. I have been on this cruise for 7 days now and lost an amazing 4 kgs or nearly 9 lbs. I have never done this in my life. I am really busy and have been hunting for all the right foods – very hard to get in Australia. People look at you funny. I have stuck to porridge and currants for breakfast each day and rye crispbread with cottage cheese, tomato and tuna for lunches. The snacks I have varied using the quick menu to get ideas. Basically have carrot chopped up with me when I’m out and about, eating lots of berries and nuts and some yoghurt.

I vary the evening meal and stick to something like stir fry vegies with meat or meat with lots of salad. Have eaten some brown rice with lettuce, beans and goats cheese. The news is good but now I have to struggle with juggling my thyroid medication otherwise I will be awake half the night.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, again, Chia. Yes, spinal stenosis can indeed reduce height. Try to incorporate stretches into your exercise program and of course, be sure to get plenty of calcium and vitamin D.
While you are losing weight, it is very, very important to get plenty of protein, especially if you are post-menopausal. Low-impact exercises such as yoga, pilates, and water aerobics are the best things for you – not only for weight loss, but also to strengthen your muscles for when you undergo surgery and go through rehab.

Yes! Spelt flour can absolutely be used to make pastry.

Hi, OnTheCouch. Note that there are many “regular” items in the Menu Planner, and if you don’t want to try anything new, that’s fine. Just use unprocessed, whole, fresh foods whenever possible, and you will benefit from a major principle of the program. The Menu Planner helps guide portion sizes, balance, and timing to meet your nutritional needs and boost your metabolism for weight management.
Regarding the recipes, there are a couple of options:
1. They work fine if cut back, i.e. into fourths.
2. If you are very busy during the week, you can make a batch on the weekends, and freeze individual portions for later reheating instead of taking extra time to cook.
If you have specific recipes in mind, you can post them here, and I would be happy to do the calculations.

Onthecouch 11 years ago

Discouraged at start. I just signed up and tried the menu planner. Am single so recipes do not help me although many I would enjoy. Much of the foods listed are so new to me I don’t even want to. Too discouraging and I would cook although I do not. I cannot store much food. If I feel the menu planner is not for me, then is this membership really going to help me?

BarbaraMW 11 years ago

Mandarama…..I am in the UK too and found spelt flour in Tescos. I was looking for rice flour and not sure what to do with the spelt flour. Make bread? Pastry?

BarbaraMW 11 years ago

Well done you, Sharongrubbs, I think you are great taking this step and having a positive outlook. I wish you good luck and there seems to be plenty of advice and tips on here. Luv Barbara

Sharongrubbs 11 years ago

I need to shop today, but it is cold outside.

Sharongrubbs 11 years ago

I’m new at this. I am in poor health and I am 68 years old. I have a pacemaker,COPD, CHF, and high BP. I have let myself climb to 268 lbs. I am 5’9″. I’ve decided I want to live and see my grand babies grown.

CHIA 11 years ago

OSSIE: I forgot to mention that I used to be 5′ 4″ but have Osteopenia now, and am 5′ 2″. The shrinkage could also be because of my spinal stenosis, maybe?

CHIA 11 years ago

OSSIE — Usually get up about 8:00 A.M. Eat breakfast, cooking food for all the day meals, and eating, working around the house, run errands out of the house, or go to an occasional meeting or doctor appt, sit and do my bible studies, sometimes I sit and watch TV programs or movies during the day or while I’m cooking in the kitchen. Always lots of things to take care of on the telephone that is business. I volunteer at an elementary school in a kindergarten class for 1 hour per week and volunteer in the local Chamber of Commerce Welcome Center for 8 hours a month. It’s VERY cold here right now so I don’t go outside any more than I need to. I am 70 yrs old, will be 71 in March. I am 5′ 2″, and was 188 lbs when I started on Jan 7th, and am now stuck at 181.5 lbs. I have one very bad knee (bone on bone) and the other knee is somewhat painful but I can put up with that one. Spinal Stenosis in back and the surgeon said I can have surgery in back and a knee replacement anytime I want to because they are both bad. Have had steroid shots in both. My back is beginning to hurt again when I stand while preparing my food or cooking meals for my husband. I told my surgeon that I started a diet and want to lose a lot (at least 40 lbs) before I have surgery. He said that if I lose that much, after I lose the weight, I need to wait 3 months before surgery, to make sure I get all my proteins, etc, back to normal. I really don’t understand that part. Maybe you will? Because of my back and knee problems, I don’t get around like I used to in doing all the deep housework that I want to – such as carrying things and going up and down so many steps so many times a day. Our house is built with 17 steps from the main floor, down to the family room, office and laundry room and storage room that I am now trying to sort through. Also need to descend those steps to go to the garage. Because I drink so much water now, and need to use the bathroom so often, I now try to stay home more where it’s more convenient. I go to bed anytime between 10:30 P.M. and midnight, depending on if I’m watching something interesting on TV, or doing my bible study late at night. Hope this helps.

CHIA 11 years ago

THANK YOU OSSIE! HAVE A GREAT DAY 🙂

Can you also answer my question of, “is there a way to still post my beginning weight on Jan 7?” When I try, it changes my current weight.

Disturbed sleep can sometimes cause weight gain – it is temporary and will settle once you start sleeping normally again. If you want to post what a typical day looks like for you, along with your height and weight, I can do a quick evaluation for you.

All liver (the liver in a cow or chicken serves the same function as it does in humans). Therefore, the cleaner the food the cow or chicken eats (=the more organic), the cleaner their liver is for us to eat.

Viewing 15 posts - 3,511 through 3,525 (of 3,995 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.