Dress up your pizza, sandwich, or snack with a little red velvet. Paleo, gluten-free, vegan.
- 1 medium (3-inch / 7½-cm) beetroot, grated
- ½ cup / 120 ml almond meal
- ¼ cup / 60 ml aquafaba (chickpea liquid)
- 1 tsp / 5 ml concentrated liquid smoke or 1 Tbsp / 15 ml light liquid smoke
- ¼ cup / 120 ml herbs and spices of choice (smoked or regular paprika, black pepper, plus garlic, rosemary, and thyme; or salt-free blend of choice)
- 3 Tbsp / 15 ml olive oil
- Preheat oven to 50°C / 120°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, preferably unbleached. Brush evenly with 1 teaspoon / 5 ml olive oil.
- Blend ingredients together.
- Form 1-tablespoon / 15 ml balls of the mixture, flattening each onto the parchment paper to disks measuring about 2 inches / 5 cm across and ⅛ inch / ⅓ cm thick.
- Place on middle rack in preheated oven. Bake for 1 hour, flip, and bake for an additional hour.
Can be frozen and reheated.
Serving size:½ Carb, ½ Protein, 1 Fat
Exchanges per Serving: 3 pepperoni slices