This gourmet tangy delight can liven up any salad.
- 2 fresh figs, stems removed
- 2 Tbsp. / 30 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. / 5 ml pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. / 30 ml olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. / 30 ml fresh-squeezed tangerine juice (from 1 medium tangerine)
- 1 Tbsp. / 15 g orange marmalade
- ½ cup / 120 ml fresh-squeezed orange juice (from 2 medium oranges)
- 2 tsp. / 10 ml water
- Seasonings of juice (optional), e.g. garlic, ground black pepper, lavender, black sesame seeds
- In a small chopper, puree the figs, vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil, and tangerine juice.
- Mix first mixture and marmalade mixture together.
- Blend in orange juice and seasonings (if desired), and combine well.
Serving size:2 Tbsp. / 30 ml
Exchanges per Serving: ¼ Carb, 0 Protein, ¾ Fat