This variation of marinated rice and vegetables is a real quick fix if you’re craving nutty flavors blended with lemony taste.
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 60 minutes
Difficulty Rating 1
- 2 Tbsp. / 30 ml walnut oil
- 2 Tbsp. / 30 ml flaxseed oil
- ¼ cup / 60 ml wine vinegar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. / 2 g allspice
- 3 cups / 720 ml water
- 1 cup / 185 g brown rice, uncooked
- 2 cups / 140 g mushrooms
- 1 cup / 180 g tomatoes, quartered
- 3 Tbsp. / 12 g fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups / 72 g collard greens, chopped
- ¼ cup / 30 g walnuts, chopped
- In a small bowl, prepare the marinade by combining the walnut oil, flaxseed oil, wine vinegar, lemon juice, pepper, and allspice. Whisk briskly to blend well. Set aside.
- In a stockpot over high heat, add the water and salt and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in the rice and bring back to boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer for about 45 minutes, until water is absorbed. When done, allow to cool at room temperature before adding half of the prepared marinade.
- Heat a non-stick skillet and add the mushrooms. Cover and cook them over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until just wilted.
- Stir in the tomatoes, parsley, collard greens, walnuts, and half of the nut oil vinaigrette. Add salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook for a couple of minutes more. Turn of the heat, cover, and marinate for at least 2 hours before serving with the marinated rice.
½ cup / 114 g Exchanges per Serving:
1 Carb, 0 Protein, 1 Fat
Wasn't that delicious? Do you want more?