A quick-and-simple gluten-free side dish with flair. Vegan-friendly.
- ⅓ cup / 80 g dry millet
- ½ tsp. / 2½ g or ml butter or olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup / 240 ml water or low-sodium vegetable broth/stock
- Herbs, spices, and other seasonings of choice (optional)
- In a pan over medium heat, the butter or oil
- Add in the millet, reduce heat to low, and continuously sauté the millet for 5 minutes until it achieves a golden color.
- Add in the liquid, increase heat to high, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, add in additional seasonings if desired, cover the pot, and simmer for another 20 minutes.
- When the liquid has been absorbed and the millet is tender, remove from heat.
Serving size: ½ cup / 120 ml
Exchanges per Serving: 1 Carb