Avoid processed ketchup made with high fructose corn syrup with this easy and versatile recipe, easy to customize to your own taste.
- 3 6-oz /180-g cans organic tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ medium onion, diced
- ½ cup / 120 ml apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. Stevia or monk fruit powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup / 240 ml water
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried basil OR ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- Optional to taste: cinnamon, cloves, allspice
- Put all ingredients into a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth, and put in the fridge for a few hours or overnight to let the flavors blend.
Serving Size: ¼ cup
Exchanges per Serving: ¼ Carb, 0 Protein, 0 Fat