Avocado is not only one of the healthiest things you can eat, but it is also amazingly versatile. From being a basic buttery spread to serving as the chief ingredient in savory dips to driving a dreamy creamy chocolate mousse, the sky's the limit for one of nature’s most decadent fruits. This simple recipe makes a great addition to any meal. Vegan, Paleo, and keto-friendly.
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Difficulty Rating 1
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 clove garlic (or more, to taste), peeled and roughly chopped or crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon and/or lime (or more, as desired), freshly squeezed
- ¼ tsp. hot (i.e. chili) sauce, or to taste (optional)
- Salt or substitute, to taste (optional)
- Cut avocados in half. Remove the stone and scoop the flesh into a blender (or bowl, if you’re using an immersion blender).
- Add the garlic and lemon/lime juice, and puree until smooth. Add more juice as desired to modify the texture and thickness.
- Add salt and hot sauce to taste, if desired.
- Keep refrigerated.
Terrific on whole grain toast! (1 1-ounce/28-gram slice = 1 carb exchange). Serving Size:
2 tablespoons / 30 grams Exchanges per Serving:
¼ Carb, 0 Protein, 1½ Fat
Wasn't that delicious? Do you want more?