You won’t believe how easy it is to make this healthy staple that we all take for granted! It can be enjoyed either cool as a refreshing beverage or warm as a soup. Either way, each cup provides a full serving of vegetables, with plenty of zest.
5 minutes + cooling time
- 3 lbs / 1½ kg very ripe tomatoes, cored, chopped
- 1¼ cups / 125 g celery stalk with leaves, chopped
- ⅓ cup / 50 g white onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. / 28 ml coconut nectar or organic whole cane juice, or to taste (optional)
- Salt or substitute to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Put all ingredients into a large pot, preferably use stainless steel or iron. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until mixture is completely soupy, about 25 minutes.
- Force mixture through a sieve or cheese cloth. Allow to cool completely.
Store covered and chilled. Will last for about 1 week in the refrigerator.
Serving size: 1 cup / 240 ml
Exchanges per Serving: 1 Carb, 0 Protein, 0 Fat