Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 141 total)
lorri 11 years ago

I am so saddened by how many members are finding this program a waste of time and money … I absolutely love TDC.

I think the most important thing is to be flexible … remember it is our poor habits that got us into our personal predicament in the first place, and you know what they say … if you throw the same solution at the same problem, you get the same result.

One common complaint seems to have to do with food choices … I don’t get that … the menu planner is personalized … you only choose the foods that you WANT TO EAT OR EXPERIMENT WITH … if you don’t like something, or can’t afford it, or don’t know where to buy it, or don’t know what it is and don’t want to know what it is, THEN DON’T SELECT IT AS PART OF YOUR MENU PLANNER!!! Pretty simple really, only choose the things you like, and only choose them for the meals in which you wish to eat them … for example, if you don’t want to be eating onions at breakfast time, then don’t choose them.

Really, I’ve been a health fiend for a long time and I have never found such an easy, flexible or creative tool at this Trim Down Club program … and no, I don’t work for them … I’m just a menopuasal woman, like I suspect a lot of you are, trying to stave off the effects of aging, and the best way to do that is to eat fresh, cut calories (which the menu planner does for you without you ever getting out the calculator) and exercise … please, keep your minds open … and instead of complaining, ask for helpful hints … we all have some to share :-)!

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

If special foods are not readily available to you, not to worry. Just note from which food group they are, and substitute with other foods in the same group.
The most important thing above all: AVOID PROCESSED FOODS. Focus on natural, fresh, “clean” foods without chemical additives.
We appreciate any and all comments regarding the program, and are forwarding all of them to our technicians to make sure it suits everyone’s needs.

Adamina 11 years ago

Good to know I have been doing some of it right for over 2 years. Now to get the other part on track.

Thanks!

Egg Beaters, Smart Balance oil, and Stevia/Truvia are fine. Stevia is considered a natural non-caloric sweetener.

Adamina 11 years ago

I just started the diet this morning, but I have been (as my husband says) “Trolling” the boards for a couple of days to get ideas and answers to questions. I just have a question, or two well..maybe 3.
We have been eating the Egg Beaters in everything because of my husbands cholesterol, but the recipes and the menus says omega 3 eggs. My question is, Are the Egg Beaters the wrong thing to eat?
Also Smart Balance Oil, again for the cholesterol, is wrong too? Olive Oil is preferred from what the book said. We use the Smart Balance with Olive Oil. I think that is okay from what I have been reading in the books, but could be wrong.
And last one, Stevia, the recipes call for it but the books says to stay away from artificial sweeteners, and Wiki did say “As a sweetener and sugar substitute”. I wanted to double check before I get my body to like it and get away from Truvia.

Thank you for all your answers in advance.
Ada

TrimDownClub 11 years ago

Features are being added to the Menu Planner that I think will meet your exact needs here. In addition, more recipes are on the way, as are more articles and updates, and a feature that will enable one-on-one personlized attention for your program needs. Stay tuned…

Gerry 11 years ago

For the price I paid for this program I expected a lot more recipes. It seems like this program is relying on us as members to submit recipes for others to use. That is not what I thought I was paying for. I can go out and buy a recipe book for losing belly-fat with hundreds of recipes that is cheaper than what this program costs if that was all I wanted. I thought the menu planner would at least give me a list of what I should stock in my cubbards and refridgerator. I guess we mainly paid for the knowledge behind the diet, but I already knew most of it based on past research I did. I was hoping to get more for my money than I got. In my opinion,they need to do a lot more to make this on-line program successful.

CindyHarrell 11 years ago

I just got this today and I’m reading and going over the site and the recipes are a joke 1 here 2 there need should have tons of recipes I’ve been eating very clean for a long time Have and read lots of Tasca Reno’s clean eating I was on the HCG diet ahwile ago and in 6 weeks lots 20lbs without no exercise but I’ve but it all back on 3 years ago I quit smoking,went throught the change and but on lots of weight I know my hormones are all messed up I hope this helps and is not a waste of money I already eat the sprouted breads and have for a long time (Ezekiel and Food for Life brown rice bread) there good I don’t like eating anything else I noticed the veggie list isn’t much and yes the menu planner isn’t very clear on how to do anything

Winn 11 years ago

This is even more strange … when I copied and pasted the garbly goo to the above message it printed quite ok … Udi’s Gluten however in an gmail message it’s not legible at all .. difficult to explain

Winn 11 years ago

Also, when I receive emails there is always garbly goo … no idea why however what I can say is that it’s consistent! Such as this that just arrived … Just started. Is Udi’s Gluten

Winn 11 years ago

Ossie .. thanks for your support!

Thanks for hte input – I have forwarded your question to tech support.

Winn 11 years ago

If we’re already logged into this site why do we need to provide our order # when we write to Tech support?

Every time I login I’m prompted to compete my profile .. To update my weight and photo … I have a photo and update my weight each morning.

A goal weight is something that is usually best established with a healthcare provider such as a physician, nutritionist, or nurse practitioner, as there are various body types and health conditions. Some insurance companies have tables – sometimes these are too simplistic, but it can give you a rough idea, give or take 10%.

Winn 11 years ago

Is our goal weight something we set ourself? I’m new and just finding my way around the site.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 141 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.