Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 141 total)
melaine 11 years ago

It took me awhile to get off of artificial sweeteners, and it was not easy. I have ended up using regular sugar rather than the artificial. I have not started the program yet. I noticed that you recommend Stevia. Is that not similar to an artificial sweetener, and I have read it is banned in Europe. Your thoughts on Stevia??

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Razorbacks fan. Try selecting fewer items each week in each category (that match, of course), and selecting combination items (i.e. cereal with milk). I don’t know how comfortable you are cooking or have someone to help you there, but you can also choose more recipes in the Menu Planner application, which will put a lot of your exchanges into a cohesive place.

Razorbacks1 11 years ago

Just starting. Have sarcoidosis in my lungs, therefore any physical exertion causes my oxygen level to plunge and I have to be on oxygen. Looking at this plan, there is a lot of strange combinations. Almost like lining up cups of foods and just eating them rather than having a meal. I don’t know if that makes since or not but I am having trouble with it.

Hi, Catpatt. When you go through the Menu Planner application, you can choose dairy-based shake recipes – you don’t have to use those specific ones, but they will serve as place-savers for your own shake. As for the rest, just choose simple foods from the planner as you described – the advantage of the program is that menus can only use what you’ve selected.

If you are going to cut back, it is recommended to eat less when you are least active – do not cut back in the morning, for example, if you have a traditional day-based work schedule. Be careful not to cut back on vegetables or protein. If you feel yourself start to get overly hungry or get the “munchies” toward the end of the day, it is a sign that you’ve cut back too much.

mikim 11 years ago

SWITCHING….just starting here as in minutes ago. I have just quit a high protein low carb diet from the Dr office. I did lose 45lbs but talk about restrictive! I need a lifetime food plan and this looks promising. I went through the meal planner and the menu the computer came up with …well…I’m just not so sure I can eat all that. I never eat a lot in the first place ….it’s the type of junk that I ate that piled on the pounds. I will try to watch the protein / carb ratio and not get too off balance …but I really don’t think I’m going to be eating that much food. Will it be too detrimental to weight loss to cut back on the amount of food and the number of snacks?

catpatt 11 years ago

I have been drinking Herbalife shakes for breakfast and lunch. In that drink, I add 2 tablespoons of greek yogurt, 8oz Almond milk and 1/2 bananas. I would like to continue doing something like this on this diet as well. How do I set up my menu to have a shake at breakfast and lunch? I also eat very simply. For example cooked chicken, salad, almonds. How can I set up my menu for simple foods until I get my ingredients to make the foods more complex.

Yes, Yoplait is fine, as is non-fat yogurt – but it is recommended to avoid any with artificial sweeteners such as aspartame.

doll100 11 years ago

I am new and really like this program. I have a question. What is 2% lowfat yogurt. When I look at the yogurt I can’t find 2%. Is a low fat yogurt going to be o.k. Like yoplait.

The program recommends to avoid diet soda (and of course, regular soda). Not only do the diet sodas have artificial sweeteners in them, but the hormonal effects on the body have been linked with weight gains.

DEBRA LYNN 11 years ago

can you have diet pop? Thanks Debra

The Menu Planner application was recently upgraded, and hopefully you are finding it more to your liking. Please do pass along any challenges or suggestions – you have a direct link to tech support through “Contact Us” below.

stephsand19 11 years ago

Hi Ossie,
Thanks for getting back to me! The measurements of ounces is so helpful! For the menu planner I was referring to previous comments from other members about how it comes up with funny combos for meals (and often has limited replacement options) unlike the 14 day planner that has more coherent meals for the day.
thanks again!
s

Hi, Richard. This diet program is exactly for people like you – it places an emphasis on balancing sugars, optimizing lipid profiles, gently bringing down excess weight, getting used to light exercise, and taking in lots of antioxidants with minimal adverse chemicals.
To build your menus (ideally after reading through the materials on best/healthiest foods) enter the Apps section above, and enter the Menu Planner application. It will “walk” you through the process.

DEBRA LYNN 11 years ago

IT NICE FEEL THAT YOUR NOT ALONE IN THIS.:) IF I CAN HELP ANYONE WITH ANYTHING JUST LET ME KNOW.
HAVE A GREAT DAY,Debra Lynn 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 141 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.