Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 141 total)
sandrae 11 years ago

hi ossie thank you for your reply will look round for oats recipe for hash brown crisps what would you put with them for a perfect breakfast thank you for your help

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Sandrae. Quaker Oats in general use GMO oats from a less-than-desirable source, and this product has some added processed ingredients. Is there any way you can get organic instant oats and add your own dried fruits and OK sweetener such as coconut sugar, xylitol, or monk fruit?

sandrae 11 years ago

hi ossie is it ok to have oat so simple for breakfast calories 129 sugars 6.4g fat 2.2g saturrates 0.4g salt 0.01g per 33.9g sachet thank you for your help

partnrz 11 years ago

I’ve just started in the hopes that I can continue losing weight. I started my own “diet plan” of sorts about a year ago and have lost 50 pounds, but the downward trend seems to have stalled over the last couple of months. I have already switched to many of the foods you have in the menu planner, so I’m a little skeptical. I’ll keep you updated.

BTW, if anyone doubts the benefits of the fresh/organic foods, I can tell you it made all the difference for me. I was actually granted handicapped status because my muscles seemed to have a mind of their own. I suffered with this for over 12 years. I was cross-eyed, had difficulty speaking, suffered from muscle spasms/jerks and “locked” muscles/joints. An entire team of neurologists was unable to find a cause. For religious reasons, I decided to do a fast. One week into it, every symptom disappeared! My conclusion – it was something in my food. I’ve eliminated processed/instant type foods and I’m eating as much fresh/organic as possible. I’ve been symptom-free since – going on three years this March.

Hi, Celbridge. Rest assured that this program is quite low in carbs – about 45% of energy, where the typical healthy diet is up to 65%.

celbridge 11 years ago

I JUST JOINED THIS DIET AND I AM EXCITED ABOUT THE MENU. I LOVE FRESH FRUITS AND VEG. AND HAVE BEEN JUST RECENTLY USING BULGAR AND QUINOA BECAUSE I READ IT IS VERY HEALTHY, SO THESE FOODS ARE FAMILIAR TO ME. MY CONCERN IS THAT I AM NOT USE TO EATING SO MANY CARBS ON A DIET PLAN AND I FEAR IT WON’T WORK. BUT I REALLY HOPE IT DOES AND THAT I CLICK INTO THIS LIFESTYLE OF EATING BECAUSE IT REALLY DOES SEEM HEALTHY. MY OTHER CONCERN IS THAT I USUALLY HAVE WINE AT NIGHT BEFORE BED. EITHER THAT OR SCOTCH AND WATER. I FEEL THIS MIGHT SABOTAGE MY DIET SO I WILL TRY NOT TO INDULGE, BUT I KNOW IT WILL BE HARD. TOMORROW IS DAY 1 AND I WORK A 12 HOUR SHIFT BUT I PACKED MY BAG TO ACCOMADATE ALL I NEED TO EAT. I PRAY THIS WORKS, I AM READY TO LOSE WEIGHT, ABOUT 20 POUNDS AND FEEL GOOD AGAIN! GOOD LUCK ALL.

Hi, Bailey. The 14-day plan provides a framework, with variety to suit many tastes. You can choose specific days or meals, and repeat them as you wish.

bailey12 11 years ago

there’s not a refrigerator big enough to hold all the foods you sugest for the express 14day meal plan what with all the different types of grains bread fruits and veges when you cook for one what do I do with the other half of banana?Day3—I think the diet may work it’s just poorly designed If I bought everything you sugest on the 14day Plan it would cost an absolute fortuneIt already has I’m giving it a try but can’t see me affording it Price wise

nanacast 11 years ago

Just stated reading this program. I am not too sure about some of the recipes options. nanacast

djlizer 11 years ago

Just started. Cleaned out the refrig and am on my way to grocery. How many New Years have I done this. Turned 60 in Oct. you think I would get it by now, but this is my year. Funny how as you get older you really view dieting in terms of health and not size. Look forward to hearing from everyone who just wants to have a healthier life style and lose weight as a result.

DEBRA LYNN 11 years ago

Hi Everyone: I am starting on my diet today after the hoildays it was sure hard not to eating all of the sugar items, but now its a New Year 2013, its time for me to do something just for me, get rid of all of the extra pounds I have put on over the years. I just turn 51 in Dec, so I have to start thinking about my health and really set my mind on dieting. I have been trying to lose weight for 5 years never sticking to it, but I have to this time. I will go back to the gym, and pool and walk outside as much as the weather allows me too. I hope in june I will 50 pounds lighter, something has to work I hope this diet will,I have my mind made up so I think that is half the battle. But I might need some help along the way.

Thanks, And Have a Happy New Year.
Debra Lynn.

Stevia has been associated with some speculation because of fertility findings in rodent, and because many Stevia products out there are processed. Other natural options include xylitol and monkfruit.

Organic is indeed expensive, and more information will be forthcoming with regard to which foods are best organic, and which others are OK if thoroughly scrubbed with eco-friendly dishsoap (i.e. not based on particular genetically-modified strains that can interfere is your metabolism).

gaac1 11 years ago

Hi, I’m just starting in preparation for stopping smoking (New Years Day) and having problems getting onto the apps, I’ve been in contact with customer support and followed their instructions but getting the same results, eg menu planner wont open. Just wanted to say Hi and looking through the forum was interested to read other peoples comments. I really don’t know how I will go on with this because I only need to lose a few pounds at the moment but I stopped smoking before and piled on the pounds. I normally only eat twice a day, one meal and one snack and never have breakfast, which I know is wrong. I used to go to the gym EVERY day and swam two miles every day but it was expensive on my limited budget. I really hope to get this tech problem sorted because I wanted to get everything in place for the New Year. Good luck to all.

weight2go 11 years ago

Hi I’m a newbie, about an hour old but I’ve started my menu selections and I’ve looked at the 14 day diet. It has alot of organic foods on the list and foods that I have never heard of. I recently tried to do organic because I know that it is better for you, Isearched my surrounding counties and found health food stores but I found that I was not able to keep up with it because it is very expensive to me, especially the meats. It’s a challenge on my limited monthly income.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 141 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.