Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 141 total)
DEBRA LYNN 11 years ago

Ossie,
Thank you for sending that information to me, I really feel so new at all of this. this is day one, I walk 3 to 4 miles a day so I hope the walking will help take this fat off of me. I will be adding swimming 4 x’s aweek. so something has to work. thanks again for all of your help. 🙂 🙂

richarddinaso 11 years ago

i started today. i am a bypass patient and also a diabetic.both of my diaticens are opposed to one another as to what i ought to eat.

is this healthy for me? and who makes up my menu for me

when and where do i get my menus
pardon my spelling as i am on my ipad..

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Debra. Welcome and good luck. We will be with you every step of the way if you need – just post here or at “Contact Us” (below) and we are at your service.
Yes, green vegetables are basically free, and we encourage you to eat them at every opportunity.

DEBRA LYNN 11 years ago

I JUST STARTED TODAY I HAVE A LONG ROAD IN FRONT OF ME. CAN YOU EAT THE FREE VEGETABLES ANY TIME YOU WANT TO.
DEBRA LYNN. 🙂

DEBRA LYNN 11 years ago

IT IS GOING TO HARD OVER CHRISTMAS TO STAY WITH THIS DIET. I HOPE I CAN DO IT. DEBRA LYNN

The Menu Planner has been vastly upgraded, but we are always open to suggestions of how to make it better. Is there something that is still not working for you? I will forward it on to our tech support team, along with your suggestions regarding publishing the compositions of foods to enable recipe-building.
Eyeballing weight-based measurements: 1/2 ounce of nuts/seeds/avocado = 2 Tbsp., 4 oz meat/fish/poultry/substitute is the size of the palm of your hand, 5 gm powder = 1 tsp and 15 gm = 1 Tbsp., 2 oz cooked pasta = 1 cup, 6 oz yogurt is the amount in the average single-serving container, 1 oz yellow cheese is a 4x4x1/8 inch slice, 8 fluid ounces is 1 cup. Hope that helps.

Hi, Annette – yes, popcorn is fine, but of course we recommend unflavored, unbuttered. 3 cups popped is equivalent to 1 carb.

AnnetteS 11 years ago

Can I have popcorn?

stephsand19 11 years ago

Hi Ossie,
Thanks so much for your patience in answering so many questions. Reading through these forums has been really helpful. I hate to add more to the questions, but do you have any idea about the time frame when we can expect the menu planner to be fine tuned? I also noticed in some of your responses that you refer to things like ” 1 protein” etc. Is there the possibility of getting more info on the measurements? It would be so helpful to have a consolidated guide to let you know what certain foods are worth if you’re making your own recipe or using food not listed in the menu planner. Last thing, any help on eye balling ounces of food measurement? I am planning on getting a food scale, but in the mean time it would really help with portion size.
Thanks so much again for your help!

lovelygirl 11 years ago

Well, I am new to this site and I find the menu planner less than useful. I won’t be using it because I am interested in Low Carb eating as I know that this works for me and I wanted a site where I could write what I eat every day and track my weight. Plus of course conversing with lovely people and sharing ideas

hideaway 11 years ago

I am getting ready to kick this program off soon…have to buy healthy foods and see what I like. I am very excited and really hope I can get healthy and retrain my brain to eat better. I printed the 14 day recipe plan and put them in a binder for reference…and other great hints to get organized would be appreciated.

Hi, Shabnam. The time that the weight starts coming off varies from person to person, but usually within the first couple of weeks. For those who also start to exercise (recommended for optimal health), the inches start coming off before the numbers on the scale. For some people who have been on extreme diets before this one, it takes the body a little while to adjust to getting enough food. But remember – slow weight loss is longer lasting.

MarianneHasick 11 years ago

Wow, some of you ‘Just started’ folks have given me hope on my first day. Not only can I NOT button my jeans, but Dr. says lose it or I’ll increase your blood pressure medication. I am motivated, and glad to see those of you that have lost pounds already, after only one and two weeks. I hope I can do the same.

shabnam 11 years ago

i started this week but i dont think im losing weight how long before u notice losing weight

CRFrickePa 11 years ago

Hello everyone, I just sighned up an hour ago. I need to do some shopping before I can fully begin the diet. Sunday is my start day. I truely hope this works I’m about at the end of my rope where diet, exercise and health is concerned.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 141 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.