Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, Cedric52. Try these forum links for success stores and motivation
1. https://www.trimdownclub.com/forums/topic/success-stories-anyone-care-to-share/
2. https://www.trimdownclub.com/forums/topic/tips-tricks-recipes-encouragement/

cedric52 10 years ago

Did you drop the weight

cedric52 10 years ago

Need motivaton

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, countryrose. Plenty of Club members take your approach of eating healthy, cutting out processed foods and simple carbohydrates, and do fine. Flexibility is important in any event, and there is certainly no need to worry about expenses, because the plan needs to be sustainable for you. As long as you get the basic principles down and have access to healthy foods, you will be benefiting.
By the way, another source of contact with other members is the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trim-Down-Club/273087712776396?fref=ts.

countryrose 10 years ago

lost 600grms this past week. Don’t find this eating plan helpful,to complicated and foods I can’t get or afford. Just doing healthy really simple eating. Have cut bread out altogether. Is there actually any body out there, beginning to think the community chat is a bogus thing as not the contact with other member I expected.Just using the site as an actual didipline of entering weight loss each week, but wqas really hoping for some contact with others, dissappointing

countryrose 10 years ago

Hi Marie, wow, I live in Hawkes Bay too, what a coincidence. Weighed in today and have lost 800grms,m so delighted with that, – 4.2kgs to go to initial goal!! I don’t follow the menu plan, just eat simple healthy food, fruit and nuts for snacks, lots of veges etc. I know what too eat and what NOT to eat, motivation is always the problem, – sticking at it and not giving in to weak moments. The cake never tasted as good as success!! Anyway would love to hear how your going, Marie. How are you doing Ovive? best of luck to all

maamie 11 years ago

hi Countyrose from NZ… I’m from NZ too.. (Hastings Hawkes Bay )..i see you need a buddy..would love to be your buddy, plus learn off everyone else on here….this is only my 1st day with trimclub so looking forward to any help given..

cheers Marie

maamie 11 years ago

Hi my name is Marie from New Zealand. I’m glad I joined trimdown club today ( May 10th 2013 )..I’ve tried lotsa ways to lose weight but it alwaysss seems to find me ughh… my goals is to work lose 2-3 dress sizes.. not sure how much weight that equates to.. but cant wait to do it.. joining this club is the best decision i’ve made and it feels great.. and hi Sunny.. if you’re still here,i would love a diet buddy.. I’m 59 as well.. Regards one an all… Marie

countryrose 11 years ago

Hi Ovive, you sound like you have things pretty sorted with your menu. Like you I am just adapting my eating plan and having healthy options that are avaialble to me. Like you, I have mainly fruit or a few almond nuts for a snack (on good days!) Funny that you just tried quinoa, because I brought some and tried it too, quite like it. I cooked it and added to a chicken and vege stirfry, just before serving, was yummy. Anyway, you have a good week, take it one day at a time. You CAN do it, – and think how great we will look and feel.Good luck until next weigh in. Anybody else want to join this little team, – you are most welcome!

Ovive 11 years ago

Hi ! Contryrose.
I am located in Québec Canada .. a bit far of you , but i have the same probleme as you have….. same goal … Lose weight..

For the meal planner . .. I started by clicking all the food that i like and end up with a very various menu…..A lot of stuff i did not have in my house … And if i would listen to it . it would cost me a fortune just to follow…
So i decide to work with the meal planner with few variete of food..

For instance now i have mostly fruits on my snaks..
I try to make Monday menu perfect so i can follow it everyday.

I try to work with ordinary food to start just to understand the plan …
A lot of ”unknownned ”food .. so i have to skip it …
Today a cook for the first time Quinoa… My daughter served some when she invite me for my birthday… and i found very interesting ..for a rice , couscous , or cereal replacement …

I think this Quinoa will be on the table often for now on . reputation of this ” superfood” is well knowned….
I just have to ajuste my habits….
We had Quinoa , and marinated Tofu for supper and it was good…
Times changes………I did not see that when I was young…
I live in a suburban area.. and i am on my retreat ..I have to put in my mind for now on that the only work that i have to do is : To Be Healty… and i am not …I weight over 50 pounds to much …
IT is the only cloud in my life… I can get rid of it… but I try..Im timing my meal to be very regular .. cause some time i am very tire and i have to go to sleep for an hour…
Any way ill give a good try to this programm an will see….
Hang on !

countryrose 11 years ago

Hi Ovive, how are you getting on with your weight loss and eating plan? I haven’t lost any weight this week, just the same, – had visitors staying for 2 days and I ate all the wrong things while they were here. I go to Australia ti visit my daughters in 6 weeks time, so really want to loose 5 kgs by then, so i had darn well better get motivated and cut the excuses. I find I can’t get many of the foods the menu planner says, in NZ, -, – it didn’t allow me any red meat and that is too hard, – but try to follow the principles of the plan. We are on a farm and I work pretty hard, but need to stay off the sweet stuff, homemade cakes and biscuits etc and cut the meal portions down. Would be happy to loose a total of 5kgs, but even though it sounds not much, its still hard to get rid of and is the difference between looking and feeling good, – or not!
Hope you are doing better than me, and other members making good progress. wish you all the best

Ovive 11 years ago

Hi Rae , i could se you now….
Sure we could check once a week , I have to tell you that i am french from québec .. And i am sorry for my poor english.. I hope you will understand me…..
Please to meet you !

countryrose 11 years ago

Hi Ovive, my name is Rae. How about we check in once a week to report on our weight loss and progress to each other? I only really got started on Tuesday. I find the menu plan doesn’t work for me but I am using the principles of it couple with tracking points from my old weight watchers days. Started walking 30 mins a day. How are you going

Ovive 11 years ago

Just join, I am from Québec , Canada ,,,

I will follow you

countryrose 11 years ago

Anyone in NZ on this plan and want to message each week with weigh in results (only loss, not actual weight) and comment on hows it going. Would love a weight loss buddy to check in with, much more motivating when you have to check in with some one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.