Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
bevgail 11 years ago

Hi I am Beverly I just join and started 3 days ago. The food is good and alot of it I already had in my diet. It is so much food to consume in one day. Hope I get use to it. I get busy and forget a snack or skip a meal because I am to full to think about eating again. I hope this all evens out over the next couple of weeks. I have a lot to lose over this year approximately 100 pounds.

jolyj 11 years ago

Hi I am 50 and have done many diets but gain back all the weight I have lost all the time. So I am fed up with dieting. What apealed to me about this program is the fact that it is a program that seems to work on a life change and a different way to look at food. I have about 100 pounds to lose and I think that this program seems interesting enough to help me get me there. I am only in my second week and done lots of things wrong. but I like the audio it helps me understand food and the menu planner is great and journal. so I am anxious to see where I stand in a month from now

Arlene 11 years ago

Hello to all you 50’s out there! Me too!
Want to lose 2 stone 🙁 …could be worse 🙂 …just cutting out wheat bread and flour was like pulling the plug on a blocked drain….am clear headed, no bloating and energy to boot.
Menu was giving me far too much for example for breakfast i had to cook eggs, eat fruit, bread all the while drinking water so changed settings from ‘plenty of choices’to ‘some choices’ and now the menu is much more do-able.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Emma, regarding the foods listed in the menu – all items listed for you at each meal are for you to eat at that meal. You won’t get stuck with an isolated item for major meals.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Emma. There is a variety of vegetarian/vegan options in the menu planner. Please check again, and if you still have trouble finding them, I would be happy to send you a list.

barkingmad 11 years ago

hi to all, i’ve finally found my menu and its a bit confusing as it does have multiple choices in each section for each meal, and i’m not sure if your supposed to combine or choose only one, i cant imagine eating a cup of asparagus on its own for dinner, or 1 portion of quiche a bowl of porridge and an apple for breakfast, any feedback welcome

Millermj 11 years ago

Hi I am Mary and in my 50’s as well. I want to lose weight for my daughter’s wedding in April. I played around with the menu planner the first week. Didn’t lose any weight but learned a lot. I ate a lot of canned tuna, salmon and chicken. My second week menu looks so much better. I chose foods that were readily available at the supermarket that I liked and expanded the choices greatly. Check the box for a large variety of foods. You can then go in and alter specific items to your taste. Some combinations may be weird but try doing something different. I cut up my tomato and placed it on top of my steamed vegetables. It gave it a different flavor, I didn’t feel I had to add any salt to it for flavor. Check you list of free vegetables too. I believe they can be used in place of the vegetables on the planner list. At least that is what I am going to try since a lot of the veggies on the planner list is things I am not very familiar with.

Patrician 11 years ago

Hi – My name is Patricia
I just joined and need help/support to do this. I have been successful with other programs before, I KNOW what I should be doing but I need someone to do it with. I hope this site will help me. I know it will be more difficult being older, but hey, let’s get on board and do this!

Patrician 11 years ago

Hi, I just joined, I am in the “fab 50’s” and need to lose 50 lbs. I would love to have support and to help support all of those who are in this same “group”

barkingmad 11 years ago

i’M PLANNING TO START ON MONDAY 7TH JANUARY WHEN THE CHILDREN GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND I GET THE CHANCE TO PUT MY DIET HAT ON… GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE, I WANT TO TRY AND REACH MY GOAL IN THREE MONTHS.

barkingmad 11 years ago

I’M ALSO IN FAB 50’S AND NEED TO LOSE ABOUT 40 LBS, TOTALLY TERRIFIED AND DON’T SEE ANY RECIPE’S THAT APPEAL, ALSO COULDN’T SEE HOW I CAN FOLLOW THE DIET PLAN AS IT WON’T ALTER TO VEGETARIAN BUT WILL CONTINUE TO FOLLOW POSTS AND SUPPORT OTHERS AND FOLLOW AS BEST AS i CAN

Chris01 11 years ago

Hi there. My name is chris and I just started. I’m originally from England now living in Canada. I need to lose 50 pounds. I’m hoping to combine this way of eating with my weight watchers point plus program. I don’t know how to navigate around the site yet but this seems to be the right forum for me. Any suggestions to get me started very welcome.

Chris01 11 years ago

Hi I’m new here. Originally from England and now living in Canada. I’m 58 and need to lose 50 pounds. I think I’m in the right place

Sunscats 11 years ago

Hi everyone! I’ve started incorporating the Kettle Bell as my exercise! It’s low impact on your joints, works on your core strength (you can really feel it in your gut!) and it’s easy & fun to do. I just turn on some music & kind of dance with the bell! I suggest no more than 10 lbs, 5 to 7 lbs to start, they come in different weights. Definitely a good way to get moving!

mnrwalker 11 years ago

Yes, I need all the help and motivation team help I can get.(:
Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.