Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
countryrose 11 years ago

Hi, I joined today too, I’d really like a weekly weigh in buddy to help keep me on track and inspired. Very motivated to loose the 6 kgs that have sneaked on round my middle since turning 50. Plan to be 50 and fabulous!

sreeves 11 years ago

Hi: I joined today I am very interested in personal results.Wants to change my eating forever.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Alayna. See the online guide “Exercising for Weight Loss” in “Downloads” above. Look for the opportunities for physical activity – ANY physical activity – in everywhere you go and in everything you do. Walk wherever you can (even park farther away from your destination on days where you don’t need to carry heavy things – a less-abled person can always benefit), use the stairs, when you are working, find moments to lift your legs to work your stomach, lift objects (safely) to work your arms and legs, etc. Your family will benefit from exercise, too, no matter what each person’s bodyweight may be – go for walks together (even if just 20 minutes each), use TV time for exercise time. At first fatigue may be discouraging, but it is temporary.

AlaynaYoung 11 years ago

Hello all you Fab 50’s! I’m a very new newcomer to TDC. I am in the process of learning how to use the site and after reading some of the post within this app I could relate to a lot of what was being expressed. I too have tried different diets some worked some didn’t, however the bigger issue for me is TIME. I have a family, work two jobs, got to school (which includes hw of course) and I’m reasonable active within my church (2 days a week). Somewhere in the mix of all of that I try to get some sleep and therefore there is not much time let in the day to exercise. Any advise?

Kathie Gans 11 years ago

Hi I’m Kathie, I just turned 52 a few weeks ago! I too have type 2 diabetes. I came across the Trim Down club while visiting my doctors website. At my last visit before starting I really hadnt lost any weight and my A1C was creaping up! Decided to try the TDC. Have to lose a total of 40 pounds. So the good new is I started Nov 14, and to date I’ve lost 22 pounds! I’ ve hit a plateau and need to figure out a way to work around it and start losing again. Best wishes to all the Fab 50s. We can do this!

Sunscats 11 years ago

Hey Kim! I was doing pretty well, but unfortunately my job is shift work so I can’t stay on a regular schedule! Can’t find anyone one who has any helpful advice on the matter so I’m doing the best I
can most of the time. Just can’t seem to get the ‘ole midriff bulge to get any smaller! Let me know how you’re doing. I do like most of the food & eating more organics!
All the best!!! Sunny

baby4010 11 years ago

Hi Sunny, I hailed from central fl. New to this site and questioning it. How are you doing now? Lynn

Hi, JRamsey. Basically, whole, unprocessed natural-type foods are the way to go. Fresh fruits and vegetables, of course, low-fat organic dairy, 100% whole grains (sprouted, if possible), nuts and seeds; if you want eggs, then omega-3; if you want meat and poultry, then organic and preferably grass-fed/free-range. The lists in the Menu Planner application give a pretty good guide, and you can swap out similar things.

marinaheading 11 years ago

Hi Kim, Feel Supported!!! Yay, you can do this. I have lost 1.5kg in 5 days and wasn’t going to weight myself so soon but feel very encouraged. Food is yummy, just swap things you don’t know with things you do and track it all down! again, you can do this!!!

JRamsey156 11 years ago

Ossie, I would love an example of some foods that I can eat and still follow the trim down plan. I have to push protein foods, but love fruits and veggies.

Hi, JRamsey. For you, it is important that you divide the foods on your menu more evenly, instead of three medium and three snacks to six small. If you would like to post here a sample day your recieved, I will give you an example.

JRamsey156 11 years ago

Hey everyone. I’m Janet from Arkansas and I have a unique problem, I think. I recently had weight loss surgery (gastric bypass 2 1/ months ago) and I have done well so far. ( 40 lbs lost!), but I have hit a plateau. My surgeon said we need to try to lose about 70-80% of our excess weight in the first 6 months after surgery as it will be harder to lose it after that. I want to maximize my weight loss with this program and eat the right combination of carb/proteins/fats as directed, but my menu planner gives me 3-4 things to eat at every meal and snack. With my reduced stomach size, I can’t begin to eat all of that. Do we have to eat ALL that is listed for each meal and snack or can we choose one or two of the items and still accomplish the weight loss? I am 57 and have about 70-80 more lbs to lose. Can anyone help?

Hi, Kathy. If you think your age is an issue, I would suggest swapping out some of your carbs for proteins (not the vegetables, though). Note also that if you have started incorporating that much exercise (bravo, by the way!), it could very well be that you have gained muscle weight, which is heavier than fat. Don’t watch the scale, watch the mirror.

adamsk 11 years ago

Hi, my name is Kathy and I will be 48 in a couple weeks. My problem is that I need to lose 10 pounds and I have been trying for 2 weeks and only lost 1 pd. I have totally changed my eating habits to be whole grain bread, fruit, veggies and meat. I have incorporated a 2 mile walk/run on the treadmill at least 5 times a week. It seems that I should have lost more. Is is my age that is keeping me from losing more easily? Total disclosure is that I have not been following the menu planner but have taken ideas from it for my own meals. (For example, I have been eating Progresso Light soup for lunch, with a fruit) It is just discouraging, but on the bright side- I feel better!

HelenMWolf 11 years ago

I am new to this as well. I had lost weight before but in 10 years I have gained it back. I know that it will be harder this time. That beig said…I am committed to doing this. The first week is a bit tough as I do not have all the foods available yet. I suspect it will take a couple of weeks to get it together. My main difficulty is trying to get the time to eat. I pack everything I need for the day as I go to work,but I am in the car most of the day running from client to client. Any ideas for easy finger food that is able to be eaten on the run?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.