Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
TerrieS 10 years ago

You can buy a cup measure quite cheaply online. Im fortunate enough to already have one since many years ago an American friend mailed me a cookbook whereby all the recipes were measured in cups lol. I was easier to buy a measure than convert and weigh out 🙂

waltonite59 10 years ago

Hi Susilewis I have found that part difficult too and have found a conversion chart it is a link in the menu planner page

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, Suzilewis, and welcome. What are the portions that appear in your daily menus? Are they in cups, etc.? If so, let us know, and tech support can help.

Suzilewis 10 years ago

Hi I am new and British, some of the foods are strange also I cannot seem to find where it says how many grams of each food group I shd eat per day?

waltonite59 10 years ago

I am glad that I am not the only one who thought some of the foods were alien have been out shopping last 2 days and found some of the items on shopping list and you are quite right TerrieS it is better to go slowly at first.

Thisisme 10 years ago

Hi, another UK newbie here….and finding all the food choices are looking a bit alien to me. I will stick at it, obviously, but I do feel that this is aimed primarily at the US market. I shall plod on!

TerrieS 10 years ago

Hi, Im British as well. I find the bigger sainsburys and waitrose supermarkets pretty good for finding foods I need. Im slowly sourcing some of the less familiar by searching online although I confess, if Im struggling I do swap the product out to something I know I can get that is in the same food group. Its too overwhelming to try and get it 100% right when you first start out and I have no problems (as Im new too) in taking my time over this.

Hi, Vikki, and welcome. Holidays can indeed be challenging because the amounts and often the fat and sugar contents of the foods – when in doubt, eat the smallest portions you can, just to enjoy the taste, and remember the event is about the people not the food.
Having said that, the Recipes section provides a number of options for classic 4th of July fare, including classic potato salad and green salads, various burgers, pizzas, grilled fish or chicken, and many desserts, including ice cream (for the desserts intended for mixed company, I would suggest to use a more conventional-tasting sweetener, such as xylitol, instead of Stevia, at a ratio of 2 teaspoons of xylitol for each 1/8 teaspoon of Stevia). You can find any of these through a free text search in the Recipes section.

vkeosian 10 years ago

Hi, My name is Vikki and I just downloaded this club yesterday. I am a little concerned because for the 4th. of July, I am meeting family and my conribution for dinner one night is to prepare a large something. Any ideas?

Greetings, Gardenangel (and other new Brits). Many of the foods are unfamiliar to many people, which is part of their advantage – they are less mass-produced, and so have been less manipulated. They were carefully selected for their beneficial effects on metabolism, including support of healthy weight loss and maintenance. A good source of information is Goodness Direct UK (http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/script/home.html) – search the name of the food, then click on the description, and you will see it is just amazing how they explain things.
A general starter shopping guide is here https://www.trimdownclub.com/where-to-buy-uk/.

Gardenangel 10 years ago

I’m British as well, also reading thru all the topics, finding the 14 day menu strange; foods there I am unfamiliar with.

waltonite59 10 years ago

Hi yes I am British about to start this diet down loaded it last weekend but still reading through it all

Andrew13 10 years ago

Hello I’ve just downloaded the diet plan. Just getting my head round everything. I was just wondering if there are any British people doing this?

Hi, N40SG. Absolutely! Lemon tea and ginger tea are excellent choices.

N40SG 10 years ago

Hi day one of this healthly eating programe. is it ok to drink lemon abd ginger tea?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.