Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)
leez8 11 years ago

Hi Angeleana,
Thanks for the tips. I DID NOT have a glass of wine last night!! HAHA how did you know? I have cut out most of the beer but continue to have a glass of wine or 2 every couple of days. I did keep to my plan 100% yesterday so I’m feeling pretty good. I’m cutting out the wine too until I start losing.
Interesting about the liver though. It does make sense. Patience and diligence, I keep telling myself. This program measures weight only, not measurments, is that right? or am I missing something.

inastrvl 11 years ago

Hi – I am on day13 and have lost only 2pounds. My stomach is much better, I am doing some walking and hip exercises. I am getting discouraged because I am measuring, weighing and sticking to my plan for almost 2 weeks. There is a lot of prep, chopping, cooking and careful shopping. There is no boxed or processed food in my house. Help, please as I want to see some progress.

Angeleana 11 years ago

Hi Leez8: I too am going through menopause and experience the same stubborn belly fat. But I have stuck to this plan for about three weeks now and have lost 12 pounds with another 24 to go to reach my optimum. I try to see this as a ‘lifestyle’ change that I must commit to for it to work. The hardest part for me was letting go of so much wine! I collect wine and imbibed nightly. Now I’m down to a couple of glasses per week, feel much better and don’t miss it as much as when I started! On a separate note, I also visited a nutritionist for a metabolic reading. As we age, we have likely dumped a lot of toxins into our body through alcohol, medication, processed foods, chemicals like parabens in lotions, BPA, air pollution etc. Our liver will process all of this “toxin” before the liver will produce the bile it sends to the intestine to emulsify fat. If the liver is spending so much time dealing with the abuse we put our bodies through, the fat cells become enshrined in water (hence water retention) and nothing shrinks. By sticking to this plan, exercising and detoxifying (the healthy recipes seem like natural remedies for a gentle and gradual detox/body cleanse), we just might “beat” our system back into health. I also take “Fucothin”–its a non central nervous system antioxidant made of brown seaweed that is supposed to regulate your thyroid. It seems to be helping me–but honestly–it may only be a placebo effect–still–even if it is a placebo effect, I’m losing weight! Best of success to you…and welcome!

leez8 11 years ago

I have just got my first weekly menu.
I have started menopause and have stubbron bellyfat. I need to lose about 10 or so pounds and it appears I can’t do it by myself as I have been dieting and gaining weight for months now.
Can anyone tell me how to email the menu to myself? I saw it was suggested.
Losing weight is so hard thank you for sharing I have been inspired reading your news!

Mojo06772 11 years ago

Working out is not a new thing for me. I play tennis, run, bike ride, weight train and eat a pretty good diet and still cannot get my scale to budge in the past year. I put on 8 pounds and cannot get it off no matter what. I was working out to the point that I was getting little injuries due to overuse of muscles. My scale used to move now it is stuck no matter what I eat. So frustrated

MargGirvin 11 years ago

Thank you for your advice Ossie..and the encouragement..I will continue to try this
is there anywhere here that shows calories ? am i missing it, or is it not an issue?
I forget to take my morning snack a lot ..which i realize is not a good idea ..I have to be more disciplined..i just am not hungry and then i find i forget.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Margy. The menus are just a framework for you for the day. You can swap foods around as much as you like, as long as you are sure to get a good amount of protein in the morning, combine carbs with proteins as much as possible, and eat the most when you are most active (don’t skimp most of the day, then load up just before bed).
As for the recipes, try the ones with “simple,” “classic,” or “homemade” in the name – these are the least time-consuming. Further, you can just get some seasoning ideas and general cooking technique information from them and do a quick version yourself without too many time-consuming steps – most of the regular food items (not baking) will turn out just fine.

Hi, Mojo06772. First, if you have been working out where you were not before, it is probably best if you pay attention to how you feel/look rather than the scale, as muscle does weigh more than fat. Also, if you have been on strict weight loss diets before, it may take your body a while to get used to eating normally. If you find you are not losing inches, you can post again, and we can work through it.

MargGirvin 11 years ago

I am new at this..and I am finding some of the recipes time consuming . I feel like I;m in the kitchen all the time and /or buying another ingredient for a new recipe.
I am trying but as I noticed someone else say..there are foods I can’t imagine myself eating at certain times of the day..
Also I am gluten intolerant and I have osteoporosis so I have to have my calcium portions each day as well..It;s just difficult to adjust but I am not going to give up.If anyone has any suggestions ..let me know

Mojo06772 11 years ago

Feel your pain. I have been on the plan for about 6 days. My eating has been almost perfect, plus I exercise at least 4 days a week and do weight training. I got on the scale and it went up 2 pounds. Since most of my excess weight is in my thighs, I feel like it will be impossible for this to go away. Any suggestions wold be great

Hi, inastrvl. It sounds like your body is recovering from the previous diets, which slowed down your metabolism, including your digestive tract (especially Atkins). Now that you are eating normal amounts and lots of fiber, your system is going through positive, but temporarily unpleasant corrections. The fact that you are already losing weight at all is a very good sign (even just not gaining a lot is already a good sign). As for the intestinal issues, drink plenty of fluids, and please do consider adding a good yogurt product to your daily schedule (a single-serve container can swap out another dairy serving). By good, I mean with lots of active cultures (good bacteria). If that does not help over the next week, please do post again, and we can try something else.
Remember that this is a new way of life more than just a diet, and lasting changes mean slow changes.

inastrvl 11 years ago

I have very frequent BMs and it is very uncomfortable. Is this a common issue with the program?

inastrvl 11 years ago

I have very frequent bms and it is very uncomfortable. Is there anything I can do to fix my tummy?

inastrvl 11 years ago

I generally eat a healthy diet, lots of veggies and not a lot of read meat. I have tried them all. The biggest waste of money and time was WW. I never lost any weight and went back and for with 2 pounds and up and down.
I have been on GC, Nuitrisytms, TOPS which was the best plan for me. I have counted calories and carbs with Atkins. I am really making a very serious effort to succeed on this plan.
Weigh, measure and follow. Where do we go from here? I am at 175 and started at 178. Help me please.

Hi, inastrvl. Have you been on diets before? What types? What were the outcomes? When was the last time?
From the answers, we can give a glimpse into what might be going on and if any adjustments might be recommended.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.